Communithai Magazine

thomas3940

Hi Oneeyedjohn (sounds like a name from Pattaya)

We are North Americans.

Colour = bad

color = good

Blair = don't care

Bush = don't like

Football you throw and catch with your hands.

The English should please you.

And if not, please, please tell me!

Your use of the word 'as' implies either an expensive education or you

are from the other side of the pond. Either way, we hope you approve of our humble offering.

A yank and a cannuck doing our best to entertain and inform and bring

together the lost souls of farangdom in merriment and an outlook of filled glasses.

Now show me yours...

Looking forward to see you here JD. And good idea to wait to after this F^^^^G Khao Panzaa is over!

Hear hear to that,,,,in no uncertain terms :o

P.S. What nationalityr u MrOzark & tom3940 ?

I only ask as I'm sick of reading poorly written English.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Folks,

We'll be visiting CM for distribution as soon as we have the mag in our hands from the

printer ( a few days from now). About classifieds, we have a special supplement and

will announce the details as soon as the dust settles from our celebration.

Is it out yet?

Is there any way I can get a copy in CM.?

I would dearly love to see it

TP

:D Thank you for asking :D Should enough people ask for a classified listings section we will be more than happy to add it for free!

Don't know if this has been addressed, but will you have a classified section for people to sell there

excess stuff, or gotta move fast stuff?? :o

post-19962-1155168736_thumb.jpg

We checked on progress at the printer's today.

Sorry, there will be no weekend release.

Monday or Tuesday at the earliest.

So, no release party at the CommuniThai Dev Center in Bandu.

We will keep you posted - those of you half full and half empty.

Is it out yet?

Is there any way I can get a copy in CM.?

I would dearly love to see it

TP

Another one on the way. More special ineterest based with articles not only on Chiang Rai, but done with some flare, hopefully. Articles will be done in both English and Thai for all to see, not only expats and foreign tourists, but Thai as well. Looking forward to start something fun. Also looking for writers for feature articles and any thoughts and opinions on CR and beyond.

Hey Chiang Ray Guy, what is happening with the other CR Magazine? I think it is a good idea to have it in both Thai and English, you got more readers and more readers get more ads.

I bought "Pai Post" when we were there last week. It had the same idea. Some very interesting articles about the history of Pai. It was expensive, 10 bath, but then both me and my lady could read it so I thought I could do some spending! :o

Good Luck to you too! I hope to see your mag soon!

:D:D:D

Hi In the Rai,

We'll post a list if the locations as soon as we distribute.

I'll make sure you get a copy and I look forward to your feedback.

Hoping for Tuesday.

Myozark,

Thanks for the update.

When this mag comes of the printers, where will we be able to get a copy? Will we have to go out to the communitahi centre or can we pick one up at some of the newspaper stands in town?

cheers

In The Rai!

Another one on the way. More special ineterest based with articles not only on Chiang Rai, but done with some flare, hopefully. Articles will be done in both English and Thai for all to see, not only expats and foreign tourists, but Thai as well. Looking forward to start something fun. Also looking for writers for feature articles and any thoughts and opinions on CR and beyond.

Hey Chiang Ray Guy, what is happening with the other CR Magazine? I think it is a good idea to have it in both Thai and English, you got more readers and more readers get more ads.

I bought "Pai Post" when we were there last week. It had the same idea. Some very interesting articles about the history of Pai. It was expensive, 10 bath, but then both me and my lady could read it so I thought I could do some spending! :o

Never Fear.

These things take time to do right, and finding the right people to work with is an experiment in progress. Initially looking at October, looks more likely to be around November, though I will not post any false advertising for the date. It'll come out when the time is right.

CRG

Dearest Chiang Rai Guy,

I was by my printer today and I think you took the words right out of his mouth:

"These things take time to do right."

He bumped the delivery date of CommuniThai up a few more days!

'Never fear' is right - everyone should have a copy by the weekend.

Good luck with your publication in whatever form it takes. In the

time we spent designing and debating the magazine that CommuniThai has

now become, it took on many shapes. As time goes by I'm sure it will evolve as

all publications do. Don't rush the process. Stop by the

CommuniThai center sometime or send us an email. We'd be glad to compare

notes and give you feedback on your project. Through collaboration, we may even be

able to benefit eachother and help both products to reach a higher level of quality.

Until then, feel free to piggy back here on our thread. We're all friends, right?

Never Fear.

These things take time to do right, and finding the right people to work with is an experiment in progress. Initially looking at October, looks more likely to be around November, though I will not post any false advertising for the date. It'll come out when the time is right.

CRG

:D Very good response to Chiangrai Guy. Why couldn't the guy just start his own thread? :D Possibly because he wanted to get into the lime light of yours? :D (athetic) The fella! or maybe not?as his picture seems to steer more to the other side of the fence? Anyways-I am new to Chiang Rai and have been having a heck of a time finding things. I sure hope this Magazine will help people like me? I took the time to read the responses to your thread on the Magazine and it seems quite positive. Don't fret yourself over people taking pot shots at your work, it comes with the territory! Good luck with the Magazine, printers in Thailand are a NIGHTMARE 5 days can turn into 20 :D 19:15:35']

Never Fear.

CRG

:D Very good response to Chiangrai Guy. Why couldn't the guy just start his own thread? :D Possibly because he wanted to get into the lime light of yours? :D (athetic) The fella! or maybe not?as his picture seems to steer more to the other side of the fence? Anyways-I am new to Chiang Rai and have been having a heck of a time finding things. I sure hope this Magazine will help people like me? I took the time to read the responses to your thread on the Magazine and it seems quite positive. Don't fret yourself over people taking pot shots at your work, it comes with the territory! Good luck with the Magazine, printers in Thailand are a NIGHTMARE 5 days can turn into 20 :D 19:15:35']

Never Fear.

CRG

Welcome to Chiang Rai bchcomber.

If you care to read this posting in full you will see that Chiang Rai Guy was not stealing the limelight of the o.p but only stating his future intentions about a similar project.

Any problems in finding something in Chiang Rai? post it here, we're a helpful bunch.

Thank you for your help, yes I will ask within the forum for help with finding things here in Chiangrai! I have read through most of the forum for Chiang Rai and there is a lot of usesful information (thanks) As for the other comment I made with regards to the Limelight! Maybe I'm reading the English wrong or something? ( These things take time to do right and I will not post any false advertising for the date sure read like subtle slams at the O.P. When he states: These things take time to do right, could be looked upon as meaning the O.P has no clue how to publish a Magazine and I will not post any false advertising for the date, could be seen as a snub because the O.P has been having Printing problems?

Or both the sentence could mean absolutly nothing and I'm trying to find the inner meaning of apple :D I'm sure both these Magazine's are soon going to learn the problems that can be encountered when it comes to publishing in Thailand!

Thanks again for your help and best luck to both Magazines :D quote name='tayto' date='2006-08-15 07:59:28' post='848968']

:D Very good response to Chiangrai Guy. Why couldn't the guy just start his own thread? :D Possibly because he wanted to get into the lime light of yours? (athetic) The fella! or maybe not?as his picture seems to steer more to the other side of the fence? Anyways-I am new to Chiang Rai and have been having a heck of a time finding things. I sure hope this Magazine will help people like me? I took the time to read the responses to your thread on the Magazine and it seems quite positive. Don't fret yourself over people taking pot shots at your work, it comes with the territory! Good luck with the Magazine, printers in Thailand are a NIGHTMARE 5 days can turn into 20 :D 19:15:35']

Never Fear.

CRG

Welcome to Chiang Rai bchcomber.

If you care to read this posting in full you will see that Chiang Rai Guy was not stealing the limelight of the o.p but only stating his future intentions about a similar project.

Any problems in finding something in Chiang Rai? post it here, we're a helpful bunch.

Hi bchcomber,

Thanks for your words of encouragement. The idea behind the CommuniThai project

and its magazine is to build community. From some of the posts here and the responses

I feel this can be a real challenge - moreso than I thought. Some people are already

conscious of focusing on the good and supporting others with constructive yet

realistic criticisms. Others seem to be almost spiteful. I don't mind Chiang Rai Guy

posting on this thread: piggy-backing or not. I think the spirit of what he is doing will come out

in his future posts and actions. I choose to give him the benefit of the doubt for now. But my

reaction was the saame as yours, at first.

About the magazine helping out newbies in town, I think it will be a few more issues before

we have a real strong offer in this department - but it is our intention.

:D Very good response to Chiangrai Guy. Why couldn't the guy just start his own thread? :D Possibly because he wanted to get into the lime light of yours? :D (athetic) The fella! or maybe not?as his picture seems to steer more to the other side of the fence? Anyways-I am new to Chiang Rai and have been having a heck of a time finding things. I sure hope this Magazine will help people like me? I took the time to read the responses to your thread on the Magazine and it seems quite positive. Don't fret yourself over people taking pot shots at your work, it comes with the territory! Good luck with the Magazine, printers in Thailand are a NIGHTMARE 5 days can turn into 20 :o 19:15:35']

Let me be perfectly clear on this issue of starting a new thread. I had no intention of stealing anyone's "limelight", nor do I believe I did that. It wasn't posted to garner support or take it away from communithai. In fact, you probably won't hear anything about this new veture until I'm confident it will be available for all, in which case I will start an new thread if necessary, or not at all. Have fun boys.

CRG

Let me be perfectly clear on this issue of starting a new thread. I had no intention of stealing anyone's "limelight", nor do I believe I did that. It wasn't posted to garner support or take it away from communithai. In fact, you probably won't hear anything about this new veture until I'm confident it will be available for all, in which case I will start an new thread if necessary, or not at all. Have fun boys.

CRG

I think very few of us, if any, would accuse you of 'stealing the lime-light'. On the contrary actually.

This is a tread about magazines in Chiang Rai.

I have a very strong feeling that your magazine will connect closely to an earlier discussion on this forum about the possibility to set up a magazine with relevant general information about Chiang Rai and Thai culture (and this not exclusively for expats or with the usual, commercially inspired approach towards tourists).

I am sure I speak for an overwhelming majority when I wish you succes with it! I am also sure that you can rely on the support of everybody who had the pleasure to meet you.

Limbo :o

PS. Mr. Bchcomber:

Your first postings as a newcomer to town give a strange impression.

You introduce yourself by attacking CRG, one of the most respected expats in town and this in an unjust manner by insinuating that he would be a person who would need to hide behind others.

May I assure you that this assessment is completely ridiculous.

The reason for your sudden engagement in this matter remains unclear.

That you don't know CRG is clear to me, but that you spontaneously 'embrace' the still unseen magazine of Mr. Thomas and Mr. Ozark makes me wondering if you possibly know them.

Please refrain from personal attacks on fellow members of this forum.

Edited by Limbo

CommuniThai Magazine is now being released from the printers.

Look for it tonight at these fine establishments or ask the proprietors:

24 Lounge and Grill

Aye's

BaanChivitMai Bakery

Baanwabordee Guest House

CR '49

daVinci

Lanna Realty

Nova Lebanese Food

R.S. Office and Legal Services

Sinthanee Homes

Th. Property Solutions

The Old Dutch

The Teak House

The Tree House

also... The Night Bazaar

Congratulations and the very best of luck with it, after all the hard work I really hope that it will be a raoing sucess.

PS If you want someone to write an aticle on how da.mn cold and wet it is here in the UK right now I'm yer Man!! Its August and feels like October, where is the justice? My Wife is FREEZING, going to Windsor Caste today, sure that will be even colder.

Anyway, as I said I will pm you my details upon my return, I am really looking forward to seeing your work

Good Luck

TP

Thanks TP,

October in August? There is no justice - as we all know :o

Any and all article submissions are welcome.

If they pass our rigorous review process, you'll be a star!

- Ozark

Congratulations and the very best of luck with it, after all the hard work I really hope that it will be a raoing sucess.

PS If you want someone to write an aticle on how da.mn cold and wet it is here in the UK right now I'm yer Man!! Its August and feels like October, where is the justice? My Wife is FREEZING, going to Windsor Caste today, sure that will be even colder.

Anyway, as I said I will pm you my details upon my return, I am really looking forward to seeing your work

Good Luck

TP

CommuniThai Magazine is now being released from the printers.

Look for it tonight at these fine establishments or ask the proprietors:

24 Lounge and Grill

Aye's

BaanChivitMai Bakery

Baanwabordee Guest House

CR '49

daVinci

Lanna Realty

Nova Lebanese Food

R.S. Office and Legal Services

Sinthanee Homes

Th. Property Solutions

The Old Dutch

The Teak House

The Tree House

also... The Night Bazaar

Am looking forward to reading it.

Good luck.

I think the founders of the Chiang Rai Magazine can be grateful for the hospitality granted to them by the Chiang Rai Forum of Thaivisa.com. It will be interesting to see if this forum, which is the greatest English language forum of Chiang Rai, will be mentioned in their magazine as well.

There is a tin line inbetween giving information and advertizing.

The magazine got the advantage of the doubt.

From now on however the promoting of the magazine has to be seen as advertizing.

The topic is now definitly closed.

Limbo.