Cambodia e-visa questions

I found the online form for the tourist e-visa, but I've heard somewhere - I thought it was here - that there's a new version of what had been the business visa now called the "standard" or "ordinary" visa, which I don't see on the Cambodian government info page, which wasn't a 90-day one like the business visa had been, but could be extended from 30 days to 90, then to a year just like the business one was (what I thought I'd seen was that the business visa was replaced by the "standard" visa which was $5 more than the $30 tourist visa). Or is the tourist visa extendable once you're in Cambodia - or do you have to exit and re-enter? Problem with that is the huge amount of space taken up by each Cambodian visa......or can I just get the one (and only one) extension on a tourist visa?

I see WikiTravel has some information on the "ordinary" visa, but nothing on its availability online. http://wikitravel.org/en/Cambodia#Get_in

Trying to figure this out so I know whether or not I have to plan a few days in Bangkok to make an "ordinary" visa application at the Cambodian Embassy there, and what the requirements needed are. So far have found nothing about that.

Edited by BigSkookum

What do you actually NEED, and what are your travel plans ?

You don't to go to Bangkok for a tourist visa you get 30 days on arrival and a big green sticky sheet taking up a page of your passport. The e-visa can be obtained online (you print 2 copies) and can be used if arriving by air or land borders at Poipet and Koh Kong.

All the visa fees are going up on 1st October.

Topic here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/752159-visa-fees-increased/

Edited by Jip99

Ordinary visa is what was the business visa ( $25 till Oct 1st) an can be extended in country for up to 12 months

if your going for only 1 month get the tourist visa $20 ( till Oct 1st) when you fly in Can be extended for 1 month only

or pay $31 for an evisa and save a page in ur passport

Ordinary visa is what was the business visa ( $25 till Oct 1st) an can be extended in country for up to 12 months

if your going for only 1 month get the tourist visa $20 ( till Oct 1st) when you fly in Can be extended for 1 month only

or pay $31 for an evisa and save a page in ur passport

I am happy to stand corrected, because I haven't bought an e-visa for a while, but I thought the cost was $30. $20 for the visa + $7 processing charge + $3 for the credit card fee. Not trying to be pedantic, I just wondered how we get to $31 ?

wow expensive compared to $25

not worth it in my book

Pay 150 baht extra on air asia and ur first off the plane and in line for your VOA

Not trying to bandy figures around but isn't it $20 for VOA at Phnom Penh airport ?

Even greater savings, can get a cup of coffee on Air Asia as well.........