Briton Found Dead In Chiang Mai Karaoke Bar

Jai Dee

Briton found dead in Chiang Mai karaoke bar

Chiang Mai - A British tourist was found dead inside a karaoke bar in this northern city Tuesday afternoon, police said.

Police said the Briton, who appeared in his 45 years old and was identified by his credit card as RJ Simpson, was found lying dead on a sofa in front of the toilet rooms of the Namiki Karaoke bar in Muang district at 5:30 pm.

Pol Lt Col Charnwit Taeprachit of the Muang district police station quoted employees of the bar as saying the man arrived in a tuktuk before the bar was open for business and asked to use a toilet room.

The man was later found dead on the sofa with no traces of external injuries.

His body was sent for an autopsy at the Central Memorial Hospital.

Source: The Nation - 12 July 2006

Autopsy report just in. Lethal dose of karaoke it seems.

The guy was exposed to over 12 hours of continuous karaoke-torture.. If that doesn't kill a guy then I don't know what does.

Edited by chanchao

Briton found dead in Chiang Mai karaoke bar

Chiang Mai - A British tourist was found dead inside a karaoke bar in this northern city Tuesday afternoon, police said.

Police said the Briton, who appeared in his 45 years old and was identified by his credit card as RJ Simpson, was found lying dead on a sofa in front of the toilet rooms of the Namiki Karaoke bar in Muang district at 5:30 pm.

Pol Lt Col Charnwit Taeprachit of the Muang district police station quoted employees of the bar as saying the man arrived in a tuktuk before the bar was open for business and asked to use a toilet room.

The man was later found dead on the sofa with no traces of external injuries.

His body was sent for an autopsy at the Central Memorial Hospital.

Source: The Nation - 12 July 2006

Seems like a funny time to be in a Karaoke bar...

Never knew those karaoke bars were open so early(!), indeed who goes to karaoke at that time (5.30pm) in the evening!?!?!????

Indeed who goes to karaoke bars at anytime ?? I think you will find theres more to it than just his shocking singing. Sounds sus.

Anyone knows the cause of death? Could it be it felt a heartattack coming when he stepped out of that tuk-tuk? Could it be he seeked indoor to the nearest place - rather than sitting down in the gutter? ... No, of course not --- he is rightfully judged.

Guest endure
Some pretty ordinary responses to this guys death so far.

A bit of respect, one day it will be you.

And I'd mcuh rather that my death invoked a few good jokes than a bunch of pious bleeders asking for 'respect' :o

Have you ever been to a Thai funeral ? I thought not. Death is just a fact of life, and if accepted, you will truly be living your life, not doing the Aussie (balling your eyes out) type mourning.. Not that there is anything wrong with that.. Lets just hope that the truth be known ASAP as to what really happened, but being Chiangmai and looking back to other 'unsolved' events, i wouldn't hold my breath. Deepest sympathies to the family of the guy involved. (ie; respect)..

Quite rightfully said! No one knows anything about this poor bloke - despite all these presumptions!

What presumptions? There is no mention of the presumed cause of death.

So a foreign guy dies. It happens all the time. Why all the symapthy for the deceased or their family when you don't even know them? Hotels have guests die in their rooms every now and again but they prefer not to make the news public as it could effect the business. This guy decided to die in a public place so it becomes news.

What about the locals that die everyday? Often innocent victims of road accidents, murder through domestic violence, business disputes, drugs or any number of other causes? Why don't you such sympathetic folks offer your condolences to their families? Is it because they're not foreigners that you don't care?

It’s pathetic and really sad that a guy dies and all these stupid, yeah stupid guys then post here. Hey if you don’t have anything good to say then don’t bother. One day you will die and if you want jokes …………………………..great but don’t take the piss out of someone you don’t even know. Sick ……………………….unbelievable.

And I'd mcuh rather that my death invoked a few good jokes than a bunch of pious bleeders asking for 'respect' :D

That can be arranged...... :o

Quite rightfully said! No one knows anything about this poor bloke - despite all these presumptions!

What presumptions? There is no mention of the presumed cause of death.

So a foreign guy dies. It happens all the time. Why all the symapthy for the deceased or their family when you don't even know them? Hotels have guests die in their rooms every now and again but they prefer not to make the news public as it could effect the business. This guy decided to die in a public place so it becomes news.

What about the locals that die everyday? Often innocent victims of road accidents, murder through domestic violence, business disputes, drugs or any number of other causes? Why don't you such sympathetic folks offer your condolences to their families? Is it because they're not foreigners that you don't care?

You make a very good point Blinky in that the first reaction to anyone dying is condolences to all concerned.

If the person offering the condolences knew the person he (she) might be of the opinion that the persons passing is a blessing to all.

"nuff said"