how much calories are used in a long diet

h90

You are eating high fat food

No surprise you can"t eat much without gaining.

Well no....Maybe more than you, but still low. Most products I use a low fat to fat free. Beside eggs. But well at low carbs, you can't eat only protein so automatically it get a bit more fat.

Eating much isn't my goal. I am just surprised how some people eat: Full breakfast, lunch, dinner. Between something small and some coke and not gaining or just slowly. While I live from almost nothing and while not gaining I am not loosing or just very slow.

So my body optimized into converting very efficient. Of course age 43 isn't the same as 20.

High fat food is Saturated fat ie cheese, meat, milk and butter

http://www.cdc.gov/n...turatedfat.html

This is getting sick and fat.

Sick: The recommended tolerated level is ZERO

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/21521229

Fat: You need to restrict your intake and exercise in order to stay trimmed.

Conversely on low-fat diet you can eat as much as you like and still lose weight. (remember the banana girl and her 6000 calories a day?)

I tried very low fat and unlimited carbohydrates....I get fat....maybe not as fast as if I eat carbs and fat, but still. Ms Banana girl seems to have a different genetic than me.

You are eating high fat food

No surprise you can"t eat much without gaining.

Well no....Maybe more than you, but still low. Most products I use a low fat to fat free. Beside eggs. But well at low carbs, you can't eat only protein so automatically it get a bit more fat.

Eating much isn't my goal. I am just surprised how some people eat: Full breakfast, lunch, dinner. Between something small and some coke and not gaining or just slowly. While I live from almost nothing and while not gaining I am not loosing or just very slow.

So my body optimized into converting very efficient. Of course age 43 isn't the same as 20.

High fat food is Saturated fat ie cheese, meat, milk and butter

http://www.cdc.gov/n...turatedfat.html

This is getting sick and fat.

Sick: The recommended tolerated level is ZERO

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/21521229

Fat: You need to restrict your intake and exercise in order to stay trimmed.

Conversely on low-fat diet you can eat as much as you like and still lose weight. (remember the banana girl and her 6000 calories a day?)

Indeed this has been a popular belief for the last 50 odd years.

However, the belief was founded on the idea that consuming fat, particularly saturated, causes heart disease, diabetes etc.

The sad truth is that all those diseases have increased rather than reduce in the low fat, high carb period.

More and more studies are showing that such fats are actually needed to transport vitamins and minerals in order to give us a healthy body.

It's hard to see the truth (the wood for the trees) for the many lies and bad science that are used to promote and sell products.

Greed is often the driver.

I recently read that the process of extruding cornflakes, especially organic ones, actually make the product toxic.

The organic ones may be worse because they would generally have more protein and therefore create more toxins.

Rice cakes-same story. It's the heat and high pressure that convert the proteins into something toxic.

In a study by a manufacturer of breakfast flakes, rats fed on the cardboard box that the cereals came in lived longer than the ones fed the cornflakes.

As the last one of the group of cereal eaters died, the first of the cardboard eaters died......

Where can we turn to in order to learn the actual Gods own TRUTH?

In the meantime, eat as little of the "packaged products", the "ready made, off the shelf" stuff and everything else (fresh - whole foods) in moderation?

Well: Eat less fat might be right for 80 % of the population. Cheap ice creme or cheap pizza with fake cheese: Eat less fat, or eat less carbs......but most important eat less.....

But than there are others who take the recommendations like a religion and eat almost fat free.

Most important is to cut out the pre-processed food, as you told. If you than eat a bit too fat or too much carbs isn't a big problem. You might get overweight 10-20 kg with what you cook yourself, but not these massive 50+ kg overweight.

• Like 1

Fat is needed for the body. You need 10% fat in your diet.

It's Saturated fat which is bad.

Kitsune, you have hit on the real problem, for me at any rate.

Some "experts" say saturated fat is bad and others say is is not bad.

The problem is - who do we believe.

Avocados, coconut oil etc good or bad.

Canola oil, Palm oil etc, good or bad?

It's a minefield.

I read that the so called health margarines were developed as food to quickly fatten turkeys but unfortunately when fed to turkeys, they died.

To get return on their development investment, they sold it to us as a healthier option to butter......

Fat is needed for the body. You need 10% fat in your diet.

It's Saturated fat which is bad.

Kitsune, you have hit on the real problem, for me at any rate.

Some "experts" say saturated fat is bad and others say is is not bad.

The problem is - who do we believe.

Avocados, coconut oil etc good or bad.

Canola oil, Palm oil etc, good or bad?

It's a minefield.

I read that the so called health margarines were developed as food to quickly fatten turkeys but unfortunately when fed to turkeys, they died.

To get return on their development investment, they sold it to us as a healthier option to butter......

As long as I know, margarines were developed because there wasn't enough butter. Cheap butter replacement. After the war when the population got more wealthy and there were enough cows, the just searched for other reasons to market their product. The development costs of such products aren't that high and most of the costs is to get the taste right (for people not for turkeys), so I doubt the turkeys story. Even more I doubt that they would die from it.

My opinion is that these things are overrated, if you don't go to some crazy extremes and the fat is natural without trans fats the body can compensate........

If you don't eat any carbohydrates at all, just fat and protein, or if you eat almost no fat, just the necessary fat acids and the rest is only carbs and protein, you won't feel much difference.

Body is compensating for it without much problems.

I give you an answer but you don't like it.

I can eat as much as I like and still loose weight, and stay lyme disease symptoms free.

You are in this situation because you are eating the wrong food.

If I had your diet I would be in the same state as her

Edited by Kitsune

• 2 months later...

Open h90,

You wanted to add muscle but also gained fat. This is called a "dirty bulk."

I have this problem. When I want to add muscle I consume too many calories.

After losing 20kilos you can also, "stall."

The body can be resistent. Change your routine. Youmay even try Carb cycling.

Open h90,

You wanted to add muscle but also gained fat. This is called a "dirty bulk."

I have this problem. When I want to add muscle I consume too many calories.

After losing 20kilos you can also, "stall."

The body can be resistent. Change your routine. Youmay even try Carb cycling.

For me it is very hard to gain muscle but only little fat. Just need to find the middle way, where muscle is gained but not too much fat.

Also I found out that just having 1 meal per day is not good for muscle, having more than 1 meal makes me fat....

20 Kg that's terrific h90....well done, I am just mini juicing (as I call it) at the moment, replacing 1 sometimes 2 meals with the juice, but can not seem to find a good calorie counter site for juice--anyone use one.

you can stay lean and put on muscle , you dont have to bulk up and strip , its a waste of time and money ... its all in the education .....dare to think outside the box and you will be rewarded ...

I prefer staying lean and putting on muscle, its not like you need massive amounts of extra calories to put on muscle as in general we don't gain that much extra muscle. The first one.. two at the most years.. excluded. After that (if you done it ok the first 2 years) it will go a lot slower. So those huge amounts of food are not needed.

• Like 1

20 Kg that's terrific h90....well done, I am just mini juicing (as I call it) at the moment, replacing 1 sometimes 2 meals with the juice, but can not seem to find a good calorie counter site for juice--anyone use one.

Well I tried several different things, most with success:

With everything heavy weight training.

1) No carbs....that worked very well --> No carbs no hunger (well not no hunger but less)

2) No carbs + very low fat (yes not much left to eat) that really rips of the fat without much hunger.

3) Little carbs, beer and wine allowed only dinner. (+1 protein shake after exercise) Strange enough I wasn't hungry during the day, but at 6-7 PM I felt strange. That rips off the weight, but also some muscles.

When on no carb for some time, I could add some carbs without loosing the effect of no hunger. Relative easy and painless. 1 kg per week is easily possible, but better a bit less like 1 kg per 10 day.

When on the target, you can't stop, just take it a bit easier, else you may bounce back fast. After holding it a couple of month body adjusted to the new weight.

you can stay lean and put on muscle , you dont have to bulk up and strip , its a waste of time and money ... its all in the education .....dare to think outside the box and you will be rewarded ...

Yes it is a never ending process of learning and improving. But accepting a few kg fat and strip it later off again isn't a big drama. I am not speaking about eating whatever you can find and gaining enormous weight. I mean eating clean and intend to not gain fat, but accept that you gain a little accidentally as it doesn't work out as intended....

Work in progress......

(The bigger problem is my wife who things real men must have some belly, if they are lean they look like narcotic user......So she tries to force feed me crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZci8XVf8 )

• Like 1

(The bigger problem is my wife who things real men must have some belly, if they are lean they look like narcotic user......So she tries to force feed me crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZci8XVf8 )

Gf came back with all kinds of pastries and a krispy creme donut. I told her I wont eat it she made a drama out of it. She knows how I food wise. But she realized she would not eat them either as she has been running and rowing at our gym. So off she went and gave it to the cleaning staff in our village.

Gf came back with all kinds of pastries and a krispy creme donut. I told her I wont eat it she made a drama out of it. She knows how I food wise. But she realized she would not eat them either as she has been running and rowing at our gym. So off she went and gave it to the cleaning staff in our village.

Smart one.....

Smart one.....

Good thing was she also brought salad, but seriously once i start snacking on those bad stuff I cant stop and I will crash from the sugar.