Chinese tour agents exploring travel opportunities in Samui are bag snatched

webfact

Chinese tour agents exploring travel opportunities in Samui are bag snatched

Bag-snatch-chinese-couple.jpeg

KOH SAMUI: -- At 11-30 on the 30th of August it was reported that Ya Fei Yang, 59 and Xu Hai Yan, 45, were involved in a bag snatching incident in Chweng.

The business couple operate a tour company offering tours throughout Asia and the world famous Yunnon Province in China and were in Samui to explore travel opportunities for their future guests.

Bag snatch chinese coupleOn the night in question they had been enjoying the views of Chaweng beach and driving through the streets of Koh Samui as the couple passed the Shell gasoline station in Samui moo 3 Cheweng, they were approached by two men driving a motorcycle.

The pillion passenger grabbed Xu Hai Yans shoulder bag by its strap and tried to remove the bag from her possession. Hu Hai Yans held on tightly to her bag knowing that it contained money and important documents.

The assailants during the struggle were hit by a passing car, but this did nothing to stop their efforts to steal the bag.

When pillion passenger found he was unable to get the bag he drew out a knife inuring the couple. A passerby helped them to get medical attention at the local hospital. The criminals fled the scene.

It has been reported that 20 such incidents occur a month in Koh Samui.

samuitimes-logo.jpg
-- Samui Times 2014-09-04

I guess Samui will not have to worry about the Chinese hoards descending on their shores now.

Well not in the numbers the local TAT rep had hoped.

Last year the hotel I stayed in august was full, this year august an occupation of just 50%.

Taxi driver swearing and getting mad when asking to use the meter.

Masseuses on the beach sala's complaining of losing their jobs because of the army action.

Pancake vendors forbidden to sell on the road, longing for the old days.

Locals blaming the Burmese for the thefts and robberies.

About 18 months ago, an Australian travel agent was murdered in one of the southern provinces, while trying to prevent her bag being stolen.

Now two Chinese travel agents have been attacked with a knife and property stolen.

TAT wonder why tourist numbers are dropping? This sort of thing gets a lot of bad publicity back in their home countries.

I'm afraid in these days of facebook and trip advisor type sites the news gets around..I know some friends who thought of going to Thailand

and spent along time after the coup looking up info on travel to Thailand...They ended up going to Greece...Too much in the news and on the web now

I'm afraid...And I actually hope the place does change for the better..a step back or two and in the future maybe it will be a better place..

I'm not going to hold my breath!

I'm afraid in these days of facebook and trip advisor type sites the news gets around..I know some friends who thought of going to Thailand

and spent along time after the coup looking up info on travel to Thailand...They ended up going to Greece...Too much in the news and on the web now

I'm afraid...And I actually hope the place does change for the better..a step back or two and in the future maybe it will be a better place..

I'm not going to hold my breath!

and you really think this sort of thing does not happen in Greece or any other country for that matter .....

It can happen anywhere ....coffee1.gif

• Like 1

I guess Samui will not have to worry about the Chinese hoards descending on their shores now.

Last year the hotel I stayed in august was full, this year august an occupation of just 50%.

Masseuses on the beach sala's complaining of losing their jobs because of the army action.

In August, my company had to cope with 54 check-ins and check-outs in 30 villas.

Thais and farangs that I do business with welcome the new order. Things are getting better and going back to their roots.

The only people perceived to be loosing are foreigners without work permits and people not paying taxes.

Sorry - I do not deal with pancake vendors or use taxis.

Locals blaming gangs from the mainland for thefts and robberies.

Lots of police on the streets looking for drugs and carrying out helmet checks. (yes - I have seen them almost every day this week.)

Every morning I wake up to a beautiful view in a warm climate. I can get an ice cold beer for less than1$ and people smile and talk to me when I walk down the street.

The sea is crystal clear, the beaches are golden and if you stay away from Chaweng, then it is pretty close to paradise.

Oh - and the tax that I pay here is less than in any other country that I have lived in.

And your point is??????

If you stay away from Chaweng then it pretty close to paradise thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

In August, my company had to cope with 54 check-ins and check-outs in 30 villas.

Thais and farangs that I do business with welcome the new order. Things are getting better and going back to their roots.

The only people perceived to be loosing are foreigners without work permits and people not paying taxes.

Sorry - I do not deal with pancake vendors or use taxis.

Locals blaming gangs from the mainland for thefts and robberies.

Lots of police on the streets looking for drugs and carrying out helmet checks. (yes - I have seen them almost every day this week.)

Every morning I wake up to a beautiful view in a warm climate. I can get an ice cold beer for less than1$ and people smile and talk to me when I walk down the street.

The sea is crystal clear, the beaches are golden and if you stay away from Chaweng, then it is pretty close to paradise.

Oh - and the tax that I pay here is less than in any other country that I have lived in.

And your point is??????

As a retiree, I could not afford to stay there, nice as it seems.