New expat Chess Club, started in Hua Hin

Larry Banks

New expat Chess Club, started in Hua Hin!

chess.jpg

Blitz chess with clocks. every

Monday afternoon/evening at Dacha Restaurant (near the Railway Line, beside Sakura), Soi 94 every Monday from 4pm (16:00)

Special Chess Club prices, with beer and snacks...

More info: Call Konstantin or Natalya: 0867699187 or Robert 0926 595 305

Well, chess is for intelligent people who like to keep their brain alert; the others can opt for the massage alternative and shalln't be missed at the chess club.

Well, not really.

After all chess is just an extension of warfare by those least able or unwilling to participate personally. Intelligent? Doubt it. Intelligent warfare is about as silly as military intelligence.

Come on lets face it, chess is just a game that has been around for thousands of years and has (falsely) been claimed by those who want to be seen as intelligent as their game. Bit like doing a crossword - except "we" do the Times crossword and are thus a level above the plebs.

Now for really intelligent people (actually that's a bad word - it's more about pattern recognition and memory - not necessarily intelligence) the 3 dimensional game that we played as kids is a challenge. Ultimo or some such name if I recall correctly.

Not taking anything away from chess players - but what's wrong with a massage after the game?

By the way I love chess.

Edited by Mudcrab

Bit like doing a crossword - except "we" do the Times crossword and are thus a level above the plebs.

I know a little off topic, but you reminded me of a scene in a war movie, I believe it was cockleshell heroes or similar, where Roger Moore played an officer, and someone said "I suppose you do the Times crossword in twenty minutes". His reply was an indignant "I have never taken twenty minutes to do the Times crossword." Yes, showing my age,sad.png

Good luck to the chess club, and I will look in next time I am home.wink.png

• 4 years later...

Oh Dear ! what's next ? How about a Sudoku Circle, for all those crazy party animals out there ?!

C'mon...just teasing...very good idea and since there are special prices for Beer and Snacks, why not give it a go ? ????

Edited by observer90210

• 2 weeks later...