Clip of beach 'mafia' Controlling the Area

katana

The Thai government should offer this lady a free holiday and excuses. Unfortunately we all know that the jetski scam is still going on, for many years now. I have seen many movies of it and it never seem to stop. So many tourists have been scammed this way, that's why i never will rent a jetski in Thailand, also not a motorbike or buy gemstones or gold.

• Like 1

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One day i was on Samui at the street where the green mangobar is, It was midnight and very busy on the road, big traffic jam.

Then there was a new toyota full of people, Thai lady with a baby and some farang. The driver horned his car for some reason but then 10 boys jumped out of the pickup infront of that car and started throwing beerbottles on the windscreen of that toyota. Then they came out of the pickup, kicking the toyota, opened a door, totally broke the door of that car, punched and kicked the driver and then the guards came to stop it.

hundreds of people were watching it (including me) and nobody did anything (including me). I will never forget it.

Yeah .. He's Burmese.

He just says he's sorry, some words are hard to make, but it seems he was instructed by the owner of the deck chairs to go move the lady.

Then they should bloody well take the deck chair operators license away for life. See how they like that.

I think they did; didn't they? Aren't all the deck chairs and umbrellas gone or am I misinformed?

Edit to add. Sorry I just looked that was Phuket where they cleaned up Surin beach.

You are a bit behind the times. ALL of the beaches have been cleared or in process of being so on Phuket, in Khao Lak and Hua Hin and now moved on to Phi Phi with Koh Samui next. They are obviously saving the worst (Pataya) to the last but operators like the ones in this incidents are good guys and they will do it without being forced to. Won't they? cheesy.gif

What an idiot, i will post it to my friends who have plans to go to Samui. Better go to Bali, is also much cheaper and better food.

I live in central Pattaya and I deal with the good and the bad every day - Kuta remains the only tourist trap where I've been physically assaulted by a street vendor. You can keep Bali.

• Like 1

Anyway, is she crazy or what? Having such a violent reaction in a country which is not yours, with people with different customs, you must be stupid. I'm not arguing if she is right or wrong, but that reaction is just stupid and she was lucky if didn't have consequences other than despise. ใจเย็นๆ !! when in Rome, do as Romans do.
Some people get confused and think that being "citizen of the world" makes it like "so, everywhere in the world is my backyard".

nothing a low flying jet and some napalm couldnt fix

You smell that? Do you smell that? Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like . . . victory. Someday this war's gonna end.

• Like 1

face covered up, picking on a woman alone, very brave... i´d like to see him try that with a few big russian geezers sitting on the sand

Naw, a-holes like him only pick on who they consider weak. Had something like that happen at Samset to me, the idiot thinking I was old and using a cane.... until I told him I would l cut his throat and piss down it and "accidently" hit his shin with my cane..... my very heavy very thick very hard cane. Confrontation over. You know that old adage, you can't tell a book by it's cover......

In Italy, in the most famous and touristic italian beaches, the same happens everyday. The only difference is more arrogance given by some confused rules the beach "mafia" boys invoke. And of course, by being italian and not Thai.

What the hell are you talking about??? You must have had a beer too much.

many things drive me crazy here in thailand,but one of the top 3 is the thai sense of ownership...they own the parking the beaches the air and the ocean...and everything in between...the thaiway or the hiway...

Yes isn't that sense of ownership sad. You and I know that only rich people own shit. The nerve of these commoners.

• Like 1

Anyway, is she crazy or what? Having such a violent reaction in a country which is not yours, with people with different customs, you must be stupid. I'm not arguing if she is right or wrong, but that reaction is just stupid and she was lucky if didn't have consequences other than despise. ใจเย็นๆ !! when in Rome, do as Romans do.

Some people get confused and think that being "citizen of the world" makes it like "so, everywhere in the world is my backyard".

11 posts? You haven't been here long enough to have a clue. Sorry. And the mod is going to delete your Thai 'jai yen yen' which isn't allowed in this forum. Sorry again. [English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.] Read the forum rules.

And.....the woman had just been assaulted. She was lucky to be a woman. If it had been a guy he'd probably have landed up in the hospital or the morgue. And most tourists who come here don't realize what a dangerous place it is in some areas -- nor should they. They're here to relax and enjoy their vacation. They've seen the tourist brochures and travelogues and they're here to enjoy a piece of paradise. They're not here to dodge mafia scamsters, which are a plague on the tourist industry, but lucrative for the mafia, corrupt police, and other government officials.

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

11 posts? You haven't been here long enough to have a clue. Sorry.

A clue of what? Sorry for what? smile.png

I agree with you on the rest, about her poor information about the facts of the word surrounding her, being infact just a naive silly tourist woman, confusing a Thai beach with her own backyard, where she can behave that way without any harm.

Edited by Zlabermacht

I just saw this video on the TV news on Channel 3 and it appears to have been filmed on a very high quality camera. It looked like something filmed by a news crew.

The youtube clip quality doesn't do it justice and it looks like it was filmed on a regular phone camera but I don' think this is the case.

They (law enforcement) appear to be looking for the person who uploaded this video because it makes Thailand look bad and 'damages the image' of Thailand.

I can't help but feel that there's more to this than we know.

Why did the person who posted the seemingly broadcast quality video clip that I just watched on TV sit on it for a year before publishing ?

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1

11 posts? You haven't been here long enough to have a clue. Sorry. And the mod is going to delete your Thai 'jai yen yen' which isn't allowed in this forum. Sorry again. [English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.] Read the forum rules.

And.....the woman had just been assaulted. She was lucky to be a woman. If it had been a guy he'd probably have landed up in the hospital or the morgue. And most tourists who come here don't realize what a dangerous place it is in some areas -- nor should they. They're here to relax and enjoy their vacation. They've seen the tourist brochures and travelogues and they're here to enjoy a piece of paradise. They're not here to dodge mafia scamsters, which are a plague on the tourist industry, but lucrative for the mafia, corrupt police, and other government officials.

This is exactly what I'm on about. People work hard all year, save for a holiday just enough to relax in preparation for another year of work misery only to experience hassle and danger in tourist hell.

I've taken family over there. Three week holiday, they were back at the airport within 9 days! Same with friends. Said it was an 'experience' and an 'animal of a place' and recommended Corsica!

I just spent a few days on Koh Larn.

Both of the readily accessible beaches post that you must use the chairs/umbrellas provided.

The cost is nominal.

I spent most of the time under my umbrella, and I'm glad I did. The sunburn was still uncomfortable.

Not everyone obeyed the rules. Two tobacco-huffing Russian sea cows plopped down in front of me, and no one said a word as they fought to keep their cheap mat on the sand during every breeze that passed.

someone already posted this on ThaiVisa much earlier today in the 'best of Thailand videos' (irony?) section . . . posing a question something like, 'do they own the beach?'

answer = yes . . . they do (unfortunately)

Who owns the Beach and where?

According to report in PhuketWan, the incident was in October 2013, the beach guy was Cambodian and he faces 3 years in Thai prison and then deportation. It shouldn't stop there though it probaly will!

So beyond 3 years in prison & deportation for kicking some sand on a lady and forcing her to move 10 meters, what more should he get? Death penalty?

He could start with taking his mask off for a start! just so he can be identified as a tough guy with the ladies!

What a low life piece of f##### sh## that coward is. I hope this goes viral and embarresses the authorities. There is so much work for the Junta to clean up but first must start with the attitude of the people. Sting operations should be implemented same as they do to catch the massage parlours. Or is this not possible due to the power of the owners of the chairs and umbrellas. I thought these scum only had 7 square metres of beach in which to ply their trade now?

My blood boils when I see these punks.

THUG BEACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I was on the scene it would be impossible to stop me from bashing this punk to a pulp.

Everybody copy and paste the link to this video to as many forums as possible.

If you could understand Thai you'd have realized the boy was concerned about the lady's health regards heat stroke, sun burn and future skin cancer risk.

A well educated and caring boy.

Having had the audio appropriately analysed I realise the above was nonsence & presumably posted in jest. All that can be heard is the same grunts detected by ferang ears, along with what could be some pigeon english.

Re Beach Ownership; Anything below the MHWM (mean high water mark) is neither 'land' nor 'seabed' and is therefore deemed 'Crown foreshore', (a term coined by the Brits & adopted worldwide courtesy of the Royal Navy) and is the property of the state.

The only thing that doesn't ring true to me is whether or not this clip has been staged...

So let me get this straight.....are you defending the thug in the video.....If so "Birds of a Feather Flock Together"

1. We do not know where this is.

2. We do not know when this happened.

3. i have been going to Patong Beach for 17 years, spending about 180 days on the beach. i never was treated like this. Nor at Kata, Laem Sing, or Surin beaches. I never saw anyone else treated like this.

4. I have always found the beach chair vendors courteous and helpful.

Coz you sat on the chair possibly?