Scottish independence: Yes camp hails 'momentum'

Lite Beer

Pound would no longer be backed by north sea oil.

How much of that is left though and what will the Scots do when it runs out?

30 years away. Find me a politician that thinks beyond the next polling day.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not British or Scottish... So nothing in the game...

But from my general life experience, I have found that those who are truly 'undecided', normally opt for the status quo

Given this, unless the yes vote continues to grow more momentum, would put my money on this not passing

The problem is persuading them to vote. That said, on the day, I still think it'll be around 52-48 in favour of the No option.

Today's polls show the yes vote leading.

Labour leader Ed Miliband has raised the prospect of guards lining the 95-mile English-Scottish border if there is a 'Yes' result in Scotland's independence referendum.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/scottish-independence/scottish-independence-ed-miliband-raises-prospect-of-guards-along-the-border-if-scotland-votes-yes-9716639.html

They shall not pass. laugh.png

I don't see how it could be bad for Scotland if they get to take the North Sea oil with them. They could be the next Norway. However, Scottish independence would consign the UK to the clutches of the Tories forever. Hard luck for the Brits in that case.

Scotland's case for oil in the North Sea is debatable,the 70s brought up a deal it was for the UKs use,but I think the Shetland Islanders now will see a sizeable shift in their thinking.

Was being suggested they too want their own referendum, interesting to see . But a superb result for England even if it did come by default

No "hard luck" for the English either ,I always vote conservative

If the Shetlands went independent, they'd be richer than Qatar.

biggrin.png

Labour leader Ed Miliband has raised the prospect of guards lining the 95-mile English-Scottish border if there is a 'Yes' result in Scotland's independence referendum.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/scottish-independence/scottish-independence-ed-miliband-raises-prospect-of-guards-along-the-border-if-scotland-votes-yes-9716639.html

I hope the guards do a better job than elsewhere, not that it would actually happen.

Great news. Who cares what happens to England. We hate them and all they have done from tricking us into the Union, The Highland clearances, killing our Queen, Margaret Thantcher etc etc. I feel for the Welsh but. Maybe we could take them with us, Thatcher f****d them as well.

Personally I don't think we should accept a share of their debt and to you English who say it's better for England - ha ha ha, you are screwed without us.

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 1

I hope the guards do a better job than elsewhere, not that it would actually happen.

No problem

100px-Soldier_of_29th_regiment_1742.jpg

• Like 1

Great news. Who cares what happens to England. We hate them and all they have done from tricking us into the Union, The Highland clearances, killing our Queen, Margaret Thantcher etc etc. I feel for the Welsh but. Maybe we could take them with us, Thatcher f****d them as well.

Personally I don't think we should accept a share of their debt and to you English who say it's better for England - ha ha ha, you are screwed without us.

Be careful. We'll turn off the transboundry methadone pipeline.

• Like 1

You can keepy your bloody Bucky too - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scotland/10540061/Benedictine-monks-urged-to-stop-selling-Buckfast-to-young-people.html

You can keepy your bloody Bucky too - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scotland/10540061/Benedictine-monks-urged-to-stop-selling-Buckfast-to-young-people.html

We're sending George Galloway back to you. You'll find him inside a package marked 'Andy Murray'.

• Like 2

I'm not British or Scottish... So nothing in the game...

But from my general life experience, I have found that those who are truly 'undecided', normally opt for the status quo

Given this, unless the yes vote continues to grow more momentum, would put my money on this not passing

More likely that the undecided won't vote at all so they won't have a say one way or another.

How can they question 1,000-odd people and call it representative in a population of 5 million-ish ? Pollsters are notoriously wrong, so I'll keep my powder dry till 18th ;)

As an aside -- I have never, ever met anyone who has been asked to take part in one of these polls. bah.gif

How can they question 1,000-odd people and call it representative in a population of 5 million-ish ? Pollsters are notoriously wrong, so I'll keep my powder dry till 18th wink.png

As an aside -- I have never, ever met anyone who has been asked to take part in one of these polls. bah.gif

If you choose a representative sample then all you need is about 1000 people. They results are usually accurate to +/-3%. Simple maths. Pollsters can be wrong but they are usually fairly accurate. No idea where you get 'notoriously wrong' from.