"Sleeper Buses" in Thailand?

Smurkster

In my few years traveling through Thailand, although I have been on some VIP buses, I have never seen a "Sleeper Bus" with fully extendable seats and what not. I have seen them in Cambodia and Vietnam, do these types not exist in Thailand?

Also on a side note, I was really pleasantly surprised with the bus quality in Myanmar.

be precise.

Those sleeperbuses-with NO seats, just bunks (double stack) that are common in China-and also built in VNam and from there exported to Laos+Camb. do NOT exist in TH-nor in MY-banned by safetyrules.

Overnite buses with near bis-class fully lie-down, wide seats DO exist in TH, and are in fact even called ''rot nawn''=car to sleep, but are limited to main routes to/fro BKK only-mostly by the ''govt.bus BoKoSo'', the 999-all purple, and also on some routes to near same stdd by some private companies, notably NakornChaiAir.

There is a catch-mostly on the 999/BKS: often they simple refuse to take smelly, stinky, uncouth farang (that means anywone who is not Thai in this case) due to never ending complaints from their usual clients: the well-heeled Thai, often on govt. trips.

Next step down are the better 1st cl Buses, near full-lie down, good service, also mostly NakornChaiAir and more on the Bkk-Cmai route. To isan its much more of a poor mens market and they are very limited. Chan TOur to KhKaen-Udorn has some fairly nice ones too.

Birma/MYanmar is now pretty much an exporter dream for Chinese.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

be precise.

Those sleeperbuses-with NO seats, just bunks (double stack) that are common in China-and also built in VNam and from there exported to Laos+Camb. do NOT exist in TH-nor in MY-banned by safetyrules.

Overnite buses with near bis-class fully lie-down, wide seats DO exist in TH, and are in fact even called ''rot nawn''=car to sleep, but are limited to main routes to/fro BKK only-mostly by the ''govt.bus BoKoSo'', the 999-all purple, and also on some routes to near same stdd by some private companies, notably NakornChaiAir.

There is a catch-mostly on the 999/BKS: often they simple refuse to take smelly, stinky, uncouth farang (that means anywone who is not Thai in this case) due to never ending complaints from their usual clients: the well-heeled Thai, often on govt. trips.

Next step down are the better 1st cl Buses, near full-lie down, good service, also mostly NakornChaiAir and more on the Bkk-Cmai route. To isan its much more of a poor mens market and they are very limited. Chan TOur to KhKaen-Udorn has some fairly nice ones too.

Birma/MYanmar is now pretty much an exporter dream for Chinese.

Nakhon ChaiAir is great. Good service, safe reliable drivers, I take it whenever I can, the seats are pretty comfortable, but it isn't a "sleeper" I always take it when I have the chance and sleep rather well, I have taken the night bus from Udon Thani-Bangkok and never felt like I was about to die from the bus crashing into a ditch, unlike other busses I have taken in LOS

Don't know if they have them.

But would you be able to sleep, the way these lunatics drive?

What worries me,my Thai BIL has a small repair shop outside of Bangkok employing five or six metal fabricaters repairing rolled Coaches,at any one time there is six Coaches in various states of repair.He seems to be doing a good job,but I have no idea how these rebuilds compare with a new Coach?

I still have the picture in my head of a coach with the top half cut of!