1year married to a Thai girl = residency?

KarineKa

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Well ... She offered to marry him for 5000thb pcm in exchange of what he could have sex with her whenever he wanted, but also stay free to date and shag other girls... I suppose 5000thb would have been her pocket money as they would have lived together and he would have had to pay for the rent.... All that, along with a Thai marriage that would allow him to stay in Thailand. I think it is a very good deal!

Well, farang girls like me cannot compete with Thai girls, that ´s for sure...

A Thai Marriage is a Legal Binding Contract in Thailand, as well as his home country to. If he has any assets, he is leaving himself open for a settlement after they file for divorce. If she is pregnant, or gets pregnant during there time together, and she may try, he is leaving himself open for Child Support for many years to come. She can go after support in Thailand as well as his home country as well.

With a Prenuptial Agreement he may be able to eliminate some of this pain by at least showing what he brought into the marriage and what is agreed upon with her on divorce day. But what he earns after the marriage day, law would probably require him to split with his wife 50/50, unless it is agreed upon no to firstly.. But even then, if he has a kid then this agreement won't help him at all. Getting married is a risky business at the best of times.

Personally I would sooner get and Elite Card for 500,000 Baht. That works out to 100,000 Baht a year or 8,333 Baht a month. Since he would be paying her 5,000 Baht and still the rent and food it probably works out the same. But with an Elite Card you don't have to buy it clothes every week, or 10 pairs of shoes, or Gold every once in awhile.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

1. He is working without a work permit? 2. He doesn't have a non-immigrant visa? 3. He is considering entering into a marriage of convenience so that he can obtain a marriage visa? 4. He thinks he can get residency because he is married? He is heading for a rude awakening.

Well ... She offered to marry him for 5000thb pcm in exchange of what he could have sex with her whenever he wanted, but also stay free to date and shag other girls... I suppose 5000thb would have been her pocket money as they would have lived together and he would have had to pay for the rent.... All that, along with a Thai marriage that would allow him to stay in Thailand. I think it is a very good deal!

Well, farang girls like me cannot compete with Thai girls, that ´s for sure...

if your friend wants to stay in Thailand, (and he is working), then his company SHOULD get him a work visa.

if they WONT do this, then he has other options: (aside from finding a new job which will give him a visa):

marriage will not guarantee him a future... but it will help with his CURRENT work situation.. though it may take a LONG TIME for him to actually get his marriage visa.

also: of course,, if he wants to stay in thailand and ends up divorcing, then he may have to legally 'pay-off' his wife when he divorces.

if he has been working illegally for a while and just needs to continue residing here then I suggest he does n EDUCATION VISA with one of the large schools... they do evening and weekend classes for people that work. you only need to study twice a week (for less than 2 hours each time). its simple and you get a 1 year visa.. (which you can repeat every year).

if he likes this idea of having a thai casual girlfriend (at a price of 5000/month) then he can still do this (without getting married).

at least if it turns sour,he wont be involved with a marriage and divorce and legal problems.

i'm guessing he is young, coz this is the sort of adventure that may seem exciting to someone who is happy-go-lucky and naive.

PS: are you a friend? family? or do you romantically like this guy that you dont want him to end up in a gross relationship (coz it is off-putting to you) ?

Edited by easybullet3

This thread should not only be locked BUT deleted for its utter stupidity!

personally I think you answered VERY RUDELY.

the amount of Topics in Thai Visa about guys that have met a 'new girlfriend' in a bar and want to know if they have a 'future' together... and I am sure you dont think that those posts should be 'deleted'.

if this girl is looking out for her 'friend' or maybe this post is written by the actual guy (aka 'friend') it really doesnt matter. its a genuine question that someone could ask if they are young and naive.

Please don't be so harsh on naive people.. I am sure you have made silly mistakes too when you were young.

your BEST answer will be to actually give some of your 'hard earned experience' to younger people in life. that is one of the important ways that people may learn from others.

the amount of Topics in Thai Visa about guys that have met a 'new girlfriend' in a bar and want to know if they have a 'future' together... and I am sure you dont think that those posts should be 'deleted'.

if this girl is looking out for her 'friend' or maybe this post is written by the actual guy (aka 'friend') it really doesnt matter. its a genuine question that someone could ask if they are young and naive.

Please don't be so harsh on naive people.. I am sure you have made silly mistakes too when you were young.

your BEST answer will be to actually give some of your 'hard earned experience' to younger people in life. that is one of the important ways that people may learn from others.

Thank you.

I cannot see why my thread is utterly stupid, bdenner, if I was in front of you, you ´d never dare saying this to my face.

Even if they are rules and laws, you know as well as I do the level of corruption and how difficult it is to really implement them.

The question is really for my friend. Not me. He is not a very clever guy and I think he likes the idea of providing for a woman. Makes him feel like a man. And he loses touch with reality. Like so many others here.

He should be the one wondering about how to get his PR status, not me. But he doesn ´t want to see the truth. I m sure that eventhough I warned him, he still is gonna marry her...

"One of my friend has gotten involved with a Thai girl who has offered to marry him for 5000thb per month during 1year".

I ran this one passed my wife last night. (Thai, 50+, professional masseuse, never been on the game) She said 'why is she only asking for 5,000 THB?' I do love my wife's humour!!!

KarineKa, on 10 Sept 2014 - 08:33, said:
easybullet3, on 10 Sept 2014 - 05:30, said:
bdenner, on 09 Sept 2014 - 15:10, said:

Thank you.

I cannot see why my thread is utterly stupid, bdenner, if I was in front of you, you ´d never dare saying this to my face.

Even if they are rules and laws, you know as well as I do the level of corruption and how difficult it is to really implement them.

The question is really for my friend. Not me. He is not a very clever guy and I think he likes the idea of providing for a woman. Makes him feel like a man. And he loses touch with reality. Like so many others here.

He should be the one wondering about how to get his PR status, not me. But he doesn ´t want to see the truth. I m sure that eventhough I warned him, he still is gonna marry her...

Deleted, redundant.

Edited by scorecard

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think this a troll topic, it happens in Turkey a lot, ukranian prostitutes marrying turkish guys in exchange for money, so they can get residence permit and work freely in turkey, you become an automatic resident when you marry a turkish person.

Edited by Lukecan