Crackdowns have started on massage shops and beer bars in Patong

Bulldozer Dawn

Yeah,that's right everybody yahoo about the beach vendors and the footpath stalls closing. Nobody give a damn about their families and jobs. I had wondered what people would say when the girls were taken away. Ha now everyone is worried about the girls families and job.pathetic, there's only one thing u are all worried about. It starts with P and it's in yo pants.

• Like 1

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops Pattaya next? Don't forget the Prime Minister said he wanted to change Thailand from the hub of sleaze to a one of HiSo attractions.

If every Bar Beer was closed down - and the empthasis was on restaurants, upmarket bars, clubs and tourists no longer considered every employee as a possible sex worker- would this be a good thing?

The answer has to be yes, absolutely .

Would it be a good thing , no!

Most of these girls will still have to send money back to the village and so I see little alternative for them other than moving into the freelance environment.

'Little alternative'. Really? How about a job which doesn't require them to lie on their backs grunting for five minuteshuh.png . You know, like the majority of young women working in 7/11s, markets, offices ...

Most probably they need a BA for that.coffee1.gif

Kudos to the Thai military for cracking down on this insidious problem. The Thai women who are earning a living and supporting their families by giving their customers what they want should be jailed. These women should follow the example of the military coup and not break the law.

Well said! and meanwhile in Had Yai...

The majority of girls working in 7/11 etc don't earn enough to support themselves, never mind a child and a family.

Most of the girls who work as bar-girls offering "special" services to foreign men do so out of a real need, of course some are just lazy, but often it's the only way they can support the family.

So maybe the family back in the village could find a job so they wouldn't need supporting. As an other poster said, plenty of jobs available in Bangkok.

• Like 1

Oops Pattaya next? Don't forget the Prime Minister said he wanted to change Thailand from the hub of sleaze to a one of HiSo attractions.

If every Bar Beer was closed down - and the empthasis was on restaurants, upmarket bars, clubs and tourists no longer considered every employee as a possible sex worker- would this be a good thing?

The answer has to be yes, absolutely .

If you like large soapy massage castles every 50m, then yeah, sure. The workers would simply adapt.

Most of these girls will still have to send money back to the village and so I see little alternative for them other than moving into the freelance environment.

'Little alternative'. Really? How about a job which doesn't require them to lie on their backs grunting for five minuteshuh.png . You know, like the majority of young women working in 7/11s, markets, offices ...

The majority of girls working in 7/11 etc don't earn enough to support themselves, never mind a child and a family.

Most of the girls who work as bar-girls offering "special" services to foreign men do so out of a real need, of course some are just lazy, but often it's the only way they can support the family.

another thai tradition i dont agree with, lazy ba*****s sitting on their asses back home , too lazy to look for a job, send their eldest daughter to work in the tourist areas and RELY on the small money they send home....absolute shocking expecting their kids/ 16-17-18 year old daughters to sell their bodies just so they can have a comfortable life and do sod all...they put pressure on the girls all the time , send more money.....

If you write a list of things that need fixing and were a danger to the population in Thailand I think beer bars and massage parlours would be very low on the list.

Its become almost a religious type fervour to rid Thailand of anything that vaguely brings people some pleasure.

The internet with social media is a powerful tool and if this keeps up you won't have to be worried about offending tourists, there wont be any.

Maybe the Massage girls could join in with the Jet Ski Scam. They never seem to be out of business more than one hour after they are caught. and the court usually lets them keep the money.

Edited by hiller

If properly enforced the closure of massage parlours and beer bars will add to the growing number of unemployed in Phuket. Most of these girls will still have to send money back to the village and so I see little alternative for them other than moving into the freelance environment. Higher risk for those girls and for their customers. One massage parlour I go to (no special massage available) has 8 girls...well some are properly described as old ladies. Only one of them has a certificate.

The ones without a certificate are to lazy to get one. A couple of time a year the government gives free courses for all kinds of work, be it massage or beauty parlour and so on. The ladies only need to invest some time, about 150 hours to get the basic Thai massage certificate.

I agree , i know some from Pattaya that had started training to work in massage shop, even had the dream of owning their own massage shop ... but too lazy to turn up , 6 months and they still havent done enough hours of training because they´d rather sit in a bar, teasing fat farangs and get free drinks all night , then cant get up in the morning to go to their school / training...

I´ve been to a few massage places in Patong / Kamala etc, and there is many that havent got a clue how to give a proper massage..I suffer from Arthritis / rheumatism / muscle pain a lot, and after a proper massage i come out feeling brand new ...with someone that doesnt know ,60 minutes of feeling uncomfortable , ive come out feeling more pain than when i went in...I now keep to the same one every time that i feel relaxed in, near jungceylon, in the sixth side street , no sex allowed and no extras..

• Like 1

I am sure that the OP can provide the names and locations of these Beer Bars that have now turned into coffee bars.

Put up or shut up time.

No he can't. OP is a troll. The only crackdown on massage and beer bar places is in his warped mind. Not one poster has corroborated his alleged crackdown. This entire thread has been a waste of bandwidth.

Mods should close this thread until there is some confirmation to support the OP's allegations. Don't hold your breath… coffee1.gif

I know many of the bars suddenly become "coffee shops" on Buddha Days. biggrin.png

• Like 1

This is a myth.

They work in bars and massage because they are lazy.

I'm lazy too, but I never found anyone daft enough to pay me for a "massage".

Not sure that's always the case. The ladies who work in the real spa's are often skilled and work hard. Had some of my old sports injuries sorted here by them better than anywhere.

The sex workers masquerading as masseuse in the parlors are in it for the money. They couldn't care less about a delivering a therapeutic massage, just want to sell their other "services". I knew a lady who worked in Starbucks. She could earn a massive amount more selling herself in a Sukhumvit massage place to farangs. Got used to the higher income,as do many and wanted to maximize it while she could. No thought whatsoever about health or morality. She didn't see any issue, they want, she do, they pay.

Bar girls seem to have a pitiful life - chit chat with anybody for money, drinking silly lady drinks or becoming boozers, hoping to meet "rich' dopey farangs who will send them a monthly allowance or marry them. All the time selling themselves for extra cash. Many seeing it as their duty to make money for the family.

There probably are many lazy whores and masseuse but equally there are many who see this as a means to an end, purely financial and can make more for their families than the low wage jobs open to them.

Ok this is not in Phuket but I did start reading this topic so...
For the real massage I actually go to a 60+ year old lady, she have showed me pictures from when she started with Thai massage in her 20's and she have passed a 3000 hour education in Thai traditional medicine. I pay B100/1 hour or B 250/3 hours. So anyway... This little Thai lady can make even me, a 150kg grown man cry, she knows exactly the spots to push and she even lifts me up from the mattress while she is working!

That I call a massage, what you are talking about is something else... For that activity it's better to go where the Thai men goes. Here you can find a place like that that provides a nice jacuzzi, a good scrub and a lot of happiness from B 700 as long as you show your WP and get the Thai price!!! :P

Hard to keep track of all the crackdowns lately. But I haven't seen anything of this supposed 'crackdown on massage shops and beer bars' in any of the local media rags. Is there any other evidence of this outside of the OP? Anyone seen the same in their areas of Patong or the island in general?

In a related note; TVers and other locals commenting in the local medias scoffed at the beach chair and beach vendors when they lost their work. Some suggested they go look for a 'real job' or go back to Isan and work in the rice fields. I'm wondering if they'll share that sentiment should their favorite massage gals and/or bar fines find themselves in that situation? whistling.gif

"I'm wondering if they'll share that sentiment should their favorite massage gals and/or bar fines find themselves in that situation?" - perhaps a crackdown like this could see a rise in mia noi "employment." biggrin.png

Which would ultimately lead to a crackdown on mia nois. (Or mia noi-ing, or mia noi-ism?) There's just no end to this madness! smile.png

This is a myth.

They work in bars and massage because they are lazy.

I'm lazy too, but I never found anyone daft enough to pay me for a "massage".

I dont think that is true for most of the girls. My friend owns a go-go bar for over 30 years now.

Before I moved to Thailand and for several year after I moved to Thailand I would hang out at his bar

every weekend meeting up with the regulars. Over time I got to know many of the girls working there.

Most were working there because they can make more money in one month than what they can make in 3-4 months

working in a factory. Some were hoping to find a nice guy to marry. Of course then you get your hard core

girls. I knew one girl a real worker. She had a plan 1 year make enough money to build a small house

and get some money in the bank. Guys had no chance once she set her sites on him. Mostly short time

2-3 guys a night. Great looking girl but just after one thing money. There are allot of girls like that as we all know.

If properly enforced the closure of massage parlours and beer bars will add to the growing number of unemployed in Phuket. Most of these girls will still have to send money back to the village and so I see little alternative for them other than moving into the freelance environment. Higher risk for those girls and for their customers. One massage parlour I go to (no special massage available) has 8 girls...well some are properly described as old ladies. Only one of them has a certificate.

The ones without a certificate are to lazy to get one. A couple of time a year the government gives free courses for all kinds of work, be it massage or beauty parlour and so on. The ladies only need to invest some time, about 150 hours to get the basic Thai massage certificate.

Depends.

Here in Chiang Mai many of the ladies that staff the massage parlours are well over 40 years old and because of their ages would have great difficulties obtaining employment anywhere else.

They could not find the money to pay for massage courses to qualify for a massage certificate, as I would like to know your sources of information where the government offers massage courses for free? And what regions of Thailand these cover?

I do agree that many of the younger more attractive girls have no idea of how to give a professional massage and are only in it to gain tips mostly emphasising on their additional services rather than the massages, in what has now become commonly known as the happy ending parlours.

I certainly do not agree that the older women who have no other means of earning a living should be penalised for the inappropriate practices of some women of ill repute that are giving the Thai massage industry a bad reputation. Totally wrong and unfair in my opinion.

• Like 1

is there a website with this free education ? and do they have the same thing in BKK ?

I am sure that the OP can provide the names and locations of these Beer Bars that have now turned into coffee bars.

Put up or shut up time.

No he can't. OP is a troll. The only crackdown on massage and beer bar places is in his warped mind. Not one poster has corroborated his alleged crackdown. This entire thread has been a waste of bandwidth.

Mods should close this thread until there is some confirmation to support the OP's allegations. Don't hold your breath… coffee1.gif

Agreed.

And anyway it's high season soon so I doubt there will be any notion of crackdowns on the nightlife. Besides something like that will take months or even years to full do. It's the oldest trade in the book and will still be around in 50 years.

At the massage shop just off Rat-U-Thit that I frequented for many years, all the ladies were well-trained. They were recruited by ads placed in the Thai papers in Isaan, then had to go through an intensive training course every day for 6 weeks, 12 hours a day, which is a lot more than 150 hours of training. During their training, they were housed in a dormitory at an isolated rural location, so no distractions, all business. In return for the course, room and board while studying, and the job, when they finished, they signed a 2 year contract favorable to the massage shop. After 2 years, many of them were then recruited by the pricey shops on the Beach Road, and made very good money.

I was impressed. Atlhough I had my favorites, I never had a bad massage from any of the masseuses there, and that is as it should be.

• Like 1

Yeah,that's right everybody yahoo about the beach vendors and the footpath stalls closing. Nobody give a damn about their families and jobs. I had wondered what people would say when the girls were taken away. Ha now everyone is worried about the girls families and job.pathetic, there's only one thing u are all worried about. It starts with P and it's in yo pants.

Power ?