Crackdowns have started on massage shops and beer bars in Patong

Bulldozer Dawn

The problem is that a tourist goes to get a massage and if the person performing the service does not know what they are doing it leaves a bad impression on Thailand. The tourist will not get another and go back home telling everyone that a Thai massage is not good. I have had 100+ massages here and most are similar and good but a few were just terrible. Injuries can also happen if they don't know what they are doing.

Edited by ttthailand

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is that a tourist goes to get a massage and if the person performing the service does not know what they are doing it leaves a bad impression on Thailand. The tourist will not get another and go back home telling everyone that a Thai massage is not good. I have had 100+ massages here and most are similar and good but a few were just terrible. Injuries can also happen if they don't know what they are doing.

Do you actually believe that anyone visiting a country and has any type of service done and it's not good ,leaves a bad impression of the whole country? Seems pretty far fetched to me. Say someone hails a cab in Sydney, the driver is having a bad day, so the bloke goes back and tells all his mates to never take a cab in Sydney and even better, don't go to Oz.

• Like 2

Isn't the last five seconds of a massage the most important to get right?

Shoo nuff, but why not just save time and money by rubbing one out beforehand, enjoy the whole hour and save yer mickles for a few sherbets and bowl of Bugs-ober-Rice afterwards? Sorted... thumbsup.gif