US Air marshall stung with a syringe after arriving on a UA flight in Lagos, Nigeria

webfact

US Air marshall stung with a syringe after arriving on a United Airlines flight

WASHINGTON: -- After arriving on United Airlines an US Federal Air Marshal was attacked and possibly poisoned. The plain clothed officer was stabbed with a syringe and an unknown substance. This happened at the airport in Lagos, Nigeria on Sunday after he arrived on a United Airlines flight from Washington.

The marshal was not severely injured by the needle prick, but it was unclear if it contained any hazardous or viral substances. The FBI said that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention conducted an on-scene screening of the victim when United Flight 143 landed in Houston early Monday morning.

It appeared the stabber did not know the victim was an air marshal and it may have been a robbery attempt, sources told NBC News.

Sources told NBC Houston affiliate KPRC that "a group of federal agents in plain clothes were about to walk through security at the Lagos airport Sunday when they were approached by a group of men.

Sources say one of them stabbed a needle into an agent's arm and then they all ran away." The agent then pulled the needle out, and then stored it in a safe container, the sources said. The FBI is now testing the needle.

It's unclear what Nigerian authorities did, and how this could be prevented in Nigeria to happen again, or happen to other passengers.

Source: http://www.eturbonews.com/50087/us-air-marshall-stung-syringe-after-arriving-united-airlines-fli

-- eTN 2014-09-09

So. . . a gang dreams up a uniquely African way of committing robberies. They take a syringe, fill it with Ebola virus and jab it into the arm of the biggest, toughest-looking guy to step off a plane from the U.S. Then it's just a matter of finding some where to sit in the airport lounge for two or three days waiting for the victim to start vomiting and passing out so they can rob him.

Sure the gang was Nigerian, not Irish?

I came from Lagos about two weeks ago and I know thir Airport more than enough. I am not US air marshall but in Lagos or other Afcrican countries I would not allow any group of men to come nearby my body without actions, only oofficals are allowed to check me if needed, THATS IT. How he could get this story.............

Okay, no response from badaxe. I wonder if badaxe spent a minute outside of the city. I wonder if badaxe ever met a family trying to find a way to live while around them everything is changing. I wonder if badaxe spent his/her time in a tourist area or in a village and lived with a family that was trying to exist beyond the next week, month or year. I wonder if badaxe ever realized the privilege he/she has to travel to another country and learn about another culture of people. I wonder if badaxe realizes that countries that are poor are over-run by opportunists that take advantage of the regular person who just wants to live and make a living. I wonder if badaxe has ever experienced poverty. I wonder if badaxe has any "friends" in Nigeria that are uhhhh Nigerian.

Living in a country that is not your own is a privilege that few get the opportunity to experience. Why not try to make the country better instead of just visiting and "tarring the majority with the same brush". SAD.

• Like 1

You guys have no idea. Nigeria is very "special".

There is no security at Lagos' Murtala Mohammed Airport. It is full of useless pieces of crap. This is not unusual at all. There are many, many instances of foreigners being abducted, fleeced and killed after arriving at this airport.

Nigerians, as a race, are about as low as they come in this world. yet they are allowed to arrive in Thailand on a tourist visa, overstay and then import AIDS-ridden whores to fleece the stupid tourists in order to maintain their lifestyle here.

Just go and sit on one of the hair shops between Soi 5 and 7 on Sukhumvit and listen to these monkeys bragging how they stay, rob, cheat and otherwise <deleted> people over in order to stay here. they are laughing at the Thai authorities and the rest of the foreigners here.

They are a disease worse than Ebola and should be deported post haste!! Get rid of the black hookers on Sukhumvit.

What a ridiculous comment, criminals exist all over the world. Leave race out of this and calling the Nigerian people as monkeys is really uncalled for. I have no idea how on earth you got 3 likes for your comment, it really reveals the age of the members on this forum and how out of touch with reality they are.

Yes, there are bad people in every country. But do some research on the crime, fraud, robbery, kidnapping, murder, etc. statistics for Nigeria ... and then see what you think.

• Like 1

Okay, no response from badaxe. I wonder if badaxe spent a minute outside of the city. I wonder if badaxe ever met a family trying to find a way to live while around them everything is changing. I wonder if badaxe spent his/her time in a tourist area or in a village and lived with a family that was trying to exist beyond the next week, month or year. I wonder if badaxe ever realized the privilege he/she has to travel to another country and learn about another culture of people. I wonder if badaxe realizes that countries that are poor are over-run by opportunists that take advantage of the regular person who just wants to live and make a living. I wonder if badaxe has ever experienced poverty. I wonder if badaxe has any "friends" in Nigeria that are uhhhh Nigerian.

Living in a country that is not your own is a privilege that few get the opportunity to experience. Why not try to make the country better instead of just visiting and "tarring the majority with the same brush". SAD.

I would like to ask a question which is not racist. I am white and the mother of my children is black. So my kids are my little chocolate drops and they are beautiful. However, she will be the first one to tell you that if you put 20 smokers in a room and put an ashtray on the table, yet 19 of them ash on the floor and only one uses the ashtray then it is safe to GENERALIZE that most people are too lazy to find the ashtray. This GENERALIZATION is achieved through the use of statistics. So many of our so called civilized laws are based on statistical interpretation. My point is that when you see a majority of people of a certain persuasion (in this case smokers) all behaving in a certain manner then it is safe to assume that the particular persuasion are all the same way.

Don't blame the messenger if you don't like the message.

You must be crazy, name ten sane people who would want to live in that cess pit.

"It's unclear what Nigerian authorities did, and how this could be prevented in Nigeria to happen again, or happen to other passengers."

Badaxe is right about Lagos airport authorities in my opinion. I have the misfortune of having to use it occasionally for business. I have been subject to blatant low level extortion, theft from my bags (sometimes in front of my eyes) and other scams. It makes Thainess look like paradise.