I just got my E-visa

KVJ

Apologies if this has been covered already.

For anyone with doubts or is curious about the e-visa I've just completed the process. Couldn't have been easier. I received the official visa in 4 days by email.

The system works! The system is sound!

Well done Myanmar.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So if I want to go to Burma for a couple of weeks as a tourist I can arrange the visa entirely online (I'm western European)? Is this also possible/necessary for a Thai? We are planning to fly via Rangoon.

So if I want to go to Burma for a couple of weeks as a tourist I can arrange the visa entirely online (I'm western European)? Is this also possible/necessary for a Thai? We are planning to fly via Rangoon.

yes

very easy. necessary

http://evisa.moip.gov.mm/

do it when ur 60 days before arrival

Thank you for your reply, but please let me know what you mean by 60 days before arrival because according to the visa website the online visa is valid for 90 days from when it is issued. Edited by MZurf

• 1 month later...

yes

very easy. necessary

http://evisa.moip.gov.mm/

do it when ur 60 days before arrival

I did the evisa but never received any email with the visa. Having completed the procedure I was given a reference number and after a few days used this reference to track the progress to find that the evisa was available for download. Not sure if there was a glitch in the system.

I did mine last week and got the email with in 2 days ( sent in on a sat , back on monday morn)

I received an acknowledgement email with a reference number to allow me to track the progress of the visa. Did you actually receive the visa back by email or did you have to download it using the reference number they supplied?

I have a feeling that what happened to my visa was a glitch in their system.