Costs For Building Exterior Wall

chuckd

our block is about 1/4 rai. The 1.5M high fence around it with a 3M wrought iron sliding gate for about 230,000B.

Local guy built it, TW arranged it all - I just oversaw the finances & the afternoon drink sessions. Gotta love the job!

Wall around this house was 150,000 baht (material and labor). Sliding gate in front and small rear gate 8,000 baht. Wall is 1.5m high and 30m x 30m in length. Footings and posts are 2m apart with reenforced steel. I used CPAC (premix) concrete for footings and posts as this is superior in its mix consistency over hand mixed concrete. Both sides finished and painted. I have chosen not to use wrought iron as I intend to plant some type of hedge on both sides of the wall.

post-48528-1188630214_thumb.jpg

post-48528-1188630242_thumb.jpg

post-48528-1188630737_thumb.jpg

Edited by roietjimmy

• 1 month later...

I have been looking for a price for a simple wall and gate around a 120 wah plot with a nice house that is for sale near me in Chiang Mai, the house is perfect except it needs the wall and I wanted to know the cost before buying the house.

This thread has more info than I have been able to find elsewhere and it's all usefull stuff. I'd love a bamboo or other thick hedge but I would not have the time as in order to occupy the house I would just need a wall to keep my two dogs safe!

Andy

My inlaws just completed a wall around their land. It was very similar to the Pics Thaikunning posted. The cost per for 60 sections (locks?) was 25000 baht which works out at about 420 baht each. It was rendered both sides and looks ok. I guess this was much cheaper thaqn the quotes i have seen as there was no evidence of farang relations when the price was agreed. The work was done near Chaiyaphum so if anyone is interested i can get photos and/or the phone number when i get back from Saudi.

Bye the way, that price did not include paint.

Nidge.

Edited by nidge

"Chukd, I am afraid you are barking up the wrong tree on this forum.

Most members are very unhelpful to say the least.

However some of the other topics in this forum are good, unfortunately it seems the people on the Issan part of the forum are not amongst the most gifted individuals you will ever meet.

Unfortunately I cannot help you with the building of the wall you have in mind.

cheers mate, sw

Who is this Steven W?

Does anyone in the forum know him?

I would say that he qualifies for the classification of "Bitter misguided soul."

It is truly sad that he has such a negative attitude and lives in his own pathetic perspective of life in Issan.

We should all offer help to this bitter misguided soul in hopes that he will open-up and see the cup half full.

Love and Peace brother.

We should all offer help to this bitter misguided soul in hopes that he will open-up and see the cup half full.

Love and Peace brother.

If only life was so simple, grumpy old man syndrome is like diabetes, it can strike at any age and you can only keep it at bay, not cure it.

<a href="http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?act=Search&nav=au&CODE=show&searchid=6cdf40cad7ab049561cbe1783418cc62&search_in=posts&result_type=posts" target="_blank">http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac...sult_type=posts</a>

And I don't think that he has contributed for a while, no great loss.

Edited by Thaddeus

God, I hope he didn't make it to Ubon, i'm on holiday there this Christmas. I think he got his animosity to Isaanites from the guy who suggested he should find accommodation in Ubon by using "those floppy things at the end of your legs"....lmao.

What a muppet, gives Brits a bad name.

God, I hope he didn't make it to Ubon, i'm on holiday there this Christmas. I think he got his animosity to Isaanites from the guy who suggested he should find accommodation in Ubon by using "those floppy things at the end of your legs"....lmao.

What a muppet, gives Brits a bad name.

Wow! this Steven W ..... what bitter A..H..., What ever his issues are he really needs to get over it and move on before he looses it and does someone some harm or some harms him. How a little mental care for poor StevenW.

post-10063-1192738195_thumb.jpg

Some of our friends had this built last year. I think the price in total was 40.000 bath. The lenght is aprox. 2x(50+20)= 140 m

The price would have been higher in the busy season, but it was build, when many had nothing else to do.

We should be be buildning one ourselves 10 m down the road in december this year, and if I remember, I will add the costs later.