what my western neighbours thinking my issan wife

davetrout

A number of posts (and their replies) have been removed for:

Trolling

Use of Thai language outside the Thai Language Forum

Please keep in mind, that not all posters are native English speakers, also that this is an internet forum, people aren't publishing a novel for others to purchase, and many are writing their posts from mobile devices. Thus if their grammar or spelling is a bit off, then there's no need to give them grief over their grammar. As this constitutes trolling, and only serves to take the topic, off topic.

Also use of Thai outside the Thai Language forum isn't allowed (Although if it's relevant, we will sometimes make exceptions).

• Like 2

You are right. Its not the loud so much, but a very piercing pitch. One doesn't really get used to it. After a couple of months, really look forward to listening to the radio when the female presenters have less hash tones. I'm frequently asking my partner to try talk softer. You don't want to be in the same room when they are excited. Drills right through from ear to ear.

• 4 weeks later...

Have you listen to a big mouth American women lately ? The people that are important in your life will love her and who cares about the rest.

I dont normaly generalise, but my experience of the loudest race is definately yanks.

When did 'Yanks' become a arce?

They're not relatively homogenous in their gene pool so cant be a 'race'. Although those Indian chaps they nearly killed off and murdered who once owned the country before them probably were (native Indians).

However, the Yanks do seem able to voice their opinion quiet well and loud don't they, you are correct. And they make those nice big V8 cars you could 'race' in one of those but not be part of a race of people.

There good a divvying up stuff like the Middle East, South America, and popping in to sort stuff out with great precision and skill as we have clearly see in Iraq and the Middle East, o and Vietnam where they got beat but we best not talk about it. Anyway apparently us Brits have a 'special relationship' with them (sounds a bit gay) doesn't it where we guarantee to do whatever they want when they want us then the back us, sounds good yes it is until we need backing then the shuffle off like when we needed help in the Falklands. I guess the 'special relationship just means only we take it up the arse when they np need something. Boy that long just to didcuss race.

Have you listen to a big mouth American women lately ? The people that are important in your life will love her and who cares about the rest.

I dont normaly generalise, but my experience of the loudest race is definately yanks.

When did 'Yanks' become a arce?

They're not relatively homogenous in their gene pool so cant be a 'race'. Although those Indian chaps they nearly killed off and murdered who once owned the country before them probably were (native Indians).

However, the Yanks do seem able to voice their opinion quiet well and loud don't they, you are correct. And they make those nice big V8 cars you could 'race' in one of those but not be part of a race of people.

There good a divvying up stuff like the Middle East, South America, and popping in to sort stuff out with great precision and skill as we have clearly see in Iraq and the Middle East, o and Vietnam where they got beat but we best not talk about it. Anyway apparently us Brits have a 'special relationship' with them (sounds a bit gay) doesn't it where we guarantee to do whatever they want when they want us then the back us, sounds good yes it is until we need backing then the shuffle off like when we needed help in the Falklands. I guess the 'special relationship just means only we take it up the arse when they np need something. Boy that long just to didcuss race.

l like the yanks l am from australia and the older people here have respect for them they saved our arse in ww2 when the japs were going to invade australia. lest we forget

• Like 1

My Issan wife of 39 years, mother of 2 very well educated (US citizen) children and more than a few grandchildren never raises her voice except in laughter and when on the telephone with another Thai. I always just figured it was because she didn't grow up with a phone her ear as most of may have.

And to answer the "yank" comment--The term evolved from early American folklore and was stuck on the GIs by Europeans during the WW excursions of the early 20th century. Internally, in the USA we call northerners Yankees and they return the favor by calling southerners Rebels, terms which usually are scoffed at. We usually need more that a nickname-term to get bothered.