Where In Chiang Mai Is "the Best View From The Balcony"?

webworldly

I've been looking at Chiang Mai serviced apartments online. Many of the sites don't have a "photo gallery".

For a serviced apartment....on a budget of 45,000 BAHT per month for a studio or 1-bedroom place that must cover rent, high speed internet directly in the room, utilities, gym, laundry, and maid service.....

....how sweeeeeet of a view can you get on that budget? Do you have pics? :o

On that budget....and with great view and healthy air as the goal....what part of town would be best? Any specific properties come to mind?

CHEERS!

D

I've been looking at Chiang Mai serviced apartments online. Many of the sites don't have a "photo gallery".

For a serviced apartment....on a budget of 45,000 BAHT per month for a studio or 1-bedroom place that must cover rent, high speed internet directly in the room, utilities, gym, laundry, and maid service.....

On that budget....and with great view and healthy air as the goal....what part of town would be best? Any specific properties come to mind?

CHEERS!

D

I think Hillside 4 would be a good place - it's on the CMU side of town.

hello, i ive in a condo in suthep road, soi 7, up from the university.

it has the most stunning panoramic view of doi suthep. every morning when i get up and see this i feel great :o . the noises that come from that general direction are amazing like a jungle/tropical rainforest! id post pics but im not sure how to do it.

Here's my view from Viangbua Mansion. 12,000 THB per month on a month-to-month contract.

post-25545-1153069507.jpg

It has high-speed internet in the rooms and everywhere in the hotel, has a gym too. Although the rooms are small and the beds not-comfortable (to my standards). I'm trying to find something else myself, but I really don't know here to look. If anyone of you guys who have posted, can either give more details about the price your paying, the length of the contract you are in and such, I would greatly appreciate. I'm looking for something bigger and nicer. Thank you!

Edited by kudroz

CHEERS!

D

If you have any sexual liasons with the locals you shouldn't go anywhere near a balcony or have a room with a balcony or a window that opens above second story...less you want to commit "suicide".

Here's my view from Viangbua Mansion. 12,000 THB per month on a month-to-month contract.

It has high-speed internet in the rooms and everywhere in the hotel, has a gym too. Although the rooms are small and the beds not-comfortable (to my standards). I'm trying to find something else myself, but I really don't know here to look. If anyone of you guys who have posted, can either give more details about the price your paying, the length of the contract you are in and such, I would greatly appreciate. I'm looking for something bigger and nicer. Thank you!

Hey Kudroz....

Great picture!

You mention that you're looking for a different apartment.....do you know how Viangbua Mansion compares with the Royal Peninsula Apartments (and hotel)?

How is the WIFI speed and reliability at Viangbua?

CHEERS!

D

Rimping charge in the region of 32k for 3 bedroom / 4 bath, 160 sq mts but no idea on availability as I'm not home. There are smaller units there that go for closer to 25k. The office is open something like 0800-1700 each day. No internet in the room unless you want to try your luck through the switchboard but I pay 780 a month for broadband with maxnet and it took 2 days to get hooked up so deduct from the hefty 45k and your still in front. Maid service is there for additional fee. I havn't been near Flora sinceI bought at Rimping but they were asking 30k for 2 bedroom / 2 bath 150 sq mts.

These only 3 minutes apart so easy to check both in a couple of hours.

Happy hunting

If you really did want to spend all of that 45k then take a look at Twin Peaks but I don't know how close they get to 'serviced apartments' but they are pretty much brand new or maybe second block isn't even complete yet? Again I stopped looking 2 year ago so you'll have to check latest but they are (to me) extremely pricey for this end of Thailand.

If you really did want to spend all of that 45k then take a look at Twin Peaks but I don't know how close they get to 'serviced apartments' but they are pretty much brand new or maybe second block isn't even complete yet? Again I stopped looking 2 year ago so you'll have to check latest but they are (to me) extremely pricey for this end of Thailand.

Interesting! I came across the sister property for Twin Peaks while I was doing my online searches ("Peaks Garden Condos")......but I hadn't seen anything about Twin Peaks until you mentioned it. From what I see online the last update by their real estate agents said "finishing date June 2006".

Does anyone know if any of the apartments in Twin Peaks have allowed move-in by residents yet? Any early reports/reviews on what life is like there?

The one drawback of Viangbua is that it's in a terrible area, on a really narrow street in one of the most congested parts of town - I lived in Viangbua for a month and was glad to be out of it.

CHEERS!

D

When are you wanting to start your rental period and for how long?

CHEERS!

D

When are you wanting to start your rental period and for how long?

I'd like to start the rental anytime after August 5, 2006......and would consider a rental period of anywhere from 3 months to 6 months depending on the value, amenities, and "feel" of the unit, the property, and the area.

As for the exact start date....I'm flexible. I can stay in the apartment I am now in Bangkok for as long as I want....and in fact, if I leave here in August, I will have to pay a higher rate for the time I was here than if I hang out here for a few more months (meaning I would owe the difference between the "short term rate" and the "long term rate").

That said....as of August 5th or so....the things that I needed to take care of here in Bangkok will be done....and I really would like to get to a place that feels healthier for the lungs, mind, body, and soul.

Know what I mean? :D

CHEERS!

D

Here's some views from fourth floor, downtown Chiang Mai:

To the west - Chedi Luang and Doi Suthep:

To the east - Top North Hotel and the eysore, they're building at the corner of Loi Kroh and Chang Klan:

To the north east - Amari Hotel:

Here's some views from fourth floor, downtown Chiang Mai:

To the west - Chedi Luang and Doi Suthep:

To the east - Top North Hotel and the eysore, they're building at the corner of Loi Kroh and Chang Klan:

To the north east - Amari Hotel:

Very Cool!

OK....the view out of my studio apartment window at the moment is.....less than "very cool". I see concrete.....lots and lots of concrete. :o

The good news is.....I took the advice of someone here and went for a stroll through Lumphini Park today. Nice! They even have an open air "gym" in the middle of the park.....with weights....and there are even mirrors so folks can flex and pose while watching themselves. Lol! Nothing wrong with that at all.....it was just unexpected to see it in the interior of a park.

CHEERS!

D