Workers injured in Rayong building collapse

webfact

The headline seems to imply that the injured workers collapsed inside the building. But newspaper editors aren't hired for their English skills, are they?

I hope the workers recover quickly. This type of disaster occurs too often here. How can anyone trust the integrity of any structure in Thailand?

And you are perfectly fluent in spoken and written Thai, are you?

Nope. I also don't have a job editing Thai language newspapers.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

lvr181, on 15 Sept 2014 - 10:08, said:lvr181, on 15 Sept 2014 - 10:08, said:
scorecard, on 15 Sept 2014 - 09:54, said:scorecard, on 15 Sept 2014 - 09:54, said:

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

WhizBang, on 15 Sept 2014 - 09:21, said:WhizBang, on 15 Sept 2014 - 09:21, said:

Yet another construction failure. This seems to becoming a very common occurance. I have to assume there are no building codes, or if there are, no enforcement (big surprise).

One big problem that I have seen, is the total lack of skilled and properly trained construction workers.

When will Thailand ever learn and join the real world.

Well OK, but how about some blame / most of the blame on the architect or the assigned building engineer or the on site foreman?

That is very difficult process and is there any monetary reward in doing that? Just saying.

So what's your point?

Are you saying the architect or the construction engineer, or the on site foreman are free of blame because checking is too difficult, or they don't get enough salary or 'benefits'?

Who supervises the supervisors? Seems to be an appalling lack of supervision/enforcement (again)! Or could it be a "blind eye" for monetary reward?

Just thinking of possibilities - not attributing blame. I am not in the engineering or construction business. I work on computers and accept the blame for anything I do wrong, then I fix it also!

'Tis just my farang way of thinking. I really don't fully subscribe to mai pen rai or que sera sera, et al.

My turn for the question: What is your "take" on the situation or are you being "the devils advocate"?

Edited by lvr181

Gents the , "They done this before that" and the" they overhung this " and "they didnt do this first" is besides the point. They need to start getting seriously finantcialy penalized for injuring or killing people , then the " They should have done this" stuff takes care of itself. Ive done 14 years in construction in asia and its a 3rd world mentality from top to bottom . Needs to change from the Top down

Edited by Sena Dave

I can't say this enough , they need to start hitting people very hard in the pocket if people die or are injured on a construction site. Sorry to bleat on but Ive been on projects where several people have died , The Malaysian Ipoh to Pedang basar double track killed 9. Money is the only thing these people understand

OH! We were supposed to put the support columns in BEFORE we built the balcony?! Hey, that's a great idea! cheesy.gif

What can I say, structural has never been Thailand's strong hand..... Do the same thing over and over again, and expect different results. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif kilosierra

The headline seems to imply that the injured workers collapsed inside the building. But newspaper editors aren't hired for their English skills, are they?

I hope the workers recover quickly. This type of disaster occurs too often here. How can anyone trust the integrity of any structure in Thailand?

Let me read it out for you---here are the relevant bits

"workers injured in Building collapse"

" partially collapsing ,injuring 4 workers"

"collapsed and fell on workers below" Cannot see much wrong with that !!!