Bodies of foreign tourists found brutally murdered on Koh Tao beach

webfact

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What an excellent piece of reporting behind this link, that guy really knows extremely well what he is writing about.

(and he made me feel even more pessimistic about the real killers ever being caught)

Thanks a lot for sharing, mate!!!

Am guessing this link has already been posted on one or other of the double-murder threads, but I can't read every post in each so apologies if it has. It figures to me, the lad even briefly posted the name and photos of his named suspect.

And how many Westerners (I refuse to use the pejorative term "Farangs") kill themselves, mainly through hanging, in LOS each year?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/514379/Brother-Thai-politician-quizzed-police-hunt-killers-British-backpackers

As if the crime itself wasn't bad enough ... I have to say that I am absolutely revolted by the revelation that gruesome and explicit photos of the two victims were uploaded onto Facebook and other online media. It's like the poor woman was raped twice. Never mind that such action contravenes the Thai Constitution. Never mind human decency. I love Thailand but this just turns my stomach.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I wonder if the murderers will never be found?

This case will be remembered thanks to social media for years to come , and Thailand probably lost a few million baht on it. .

Big shake up today 11.00am on KT. 2 Burmese and 1 Thai.....

All the news papers are saying 3 Burmese.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I wonder if the murderers will never be found?

This case will be remembered thanks to social media for years to come , and Thailand probably lost a few million baht on it. .

Big shake up today 11.00am on KT. 2 Burmese and 1 Thai.....

All the news papers are saying 3 Burmese.

Now only 2 Burmese...

Koh Tao is such a small Island, the type of place where everyone knows everyone. So how is it possible that the locals did not know these Burmese guys did it? How is it possible they could stay on the Island for 3 weeks before they were arrested? It just doesn't make sence?

How can we ever trust Thailand after this?

Personally i do not want to go anywhere near Koh Tao or recommend Koh Tao to anyone!

Regarding the confession(s), they are up to version 3.0 now:

Version 1: Thai PBS reported 06:00 - quoting a senior policeman - that 'Win' had confessed and described how three of them committed the crime.

Version 2: Two hours later, only two had confessed, suddenly the third remembered he had left before the incident. whistling.gif

Amazing how taking suspects to a 'safe house' and subjecting them to 'intensive interrogation' can help jog their memories...

Not sure if the final release has been compiled yet - one never knows what loose ends may need tidying up...

wai.gif

• 10 months later...

this is terrible !! , and a real set back for the Island , RIP to the individuals

Lets just hope the police don't collar to random fisherman for the crime, and hunt down the real suspects

The first of many thousands of posts on this topic, and it still rings as true as any that followed.

Sorry to say, Boater (and to 99% of concerned observers), nearly 11 months later, and the police haven't begun to do their jobs, and haven't raised a finger to try and hunt down the real suspects.

Is it possible to have a factual 'news' thread about this topic. I'd like to know what's actually occuring without the need to wade through pages of opinion and mud slinging!

These threads are for giving opinions. if you want news, read the newspapers.

What;s going on? The police have a couple of scapegoats, interfere with the evidence and there is absolutely nothing the world press or anyone government can do about it as it has covered up at the highest level - get over it.

What can be done is for the defence to get the b2 off the hook.

Is it possible to have a factual 'news' thread about this topic. I'd like to know what's actually occuring without the need to wade through pages of opinion and mud slinging!

These threads are for giving opinions. if you want news, read the newspapers.

This is a news thread.

Archived