Living in BKK for a year on 8 grand?

ev1lchris

I must admit viewers I do find it all rather strange as i seem to have been " slated " ( most rudely may i add...) for living so cheaply in the land of smiles..But what is rather strange is that i have been " inundated " with 100's of private messages from farang living in Thailand who seem to also be interested in finding cheap rooms............

Hmmmmmmm ......

F.J wub.png

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should consider a finders fee from the landlord for finding tenants and from farang looking for cheap room. It would be a win, win situation for all concerned. Now, the rude remarks you are referring to are brought on by yourself. You continue to post and boast of your eccentric lifestyle. I'm betting tho that you could find quite a following of likewise pennypinchers. You could easily start your own "cult" remember the movie Forest Gump where Tom Hanks is running across the states and he has hundreds of groupies following behind?? Well that could be you as you do your daily walk with a hundred farang dressed in wifebeaters and black socks and sandals in pursuit. The market would adore all the new customers especially the guy selling pineapples. You could call yourselves the "6000 Club" Your destiny calls Bird Man.....................

Edited by thehelmsman
  • Like 2

You should consider a finders fee from the landlord for finding tenants and from farang looking for cheap room. It would be a win, win situation for all concerned. Now, the rude remarks you are referring to are brought on by yourself. You continue to post and boast of your eccentric lifestyle. I'm betting tho that you could find quite a following of likewise pennypinchers. You could easily start your own "cult" remember the movie Forest Gump where Tom Hanks is running across the states and he has hundreds of groupies following behind?? Well that could be you as you do your daily walk with a hundred farang dressed in wifebeaters and black socks and sandals in pursuit. The market would adore all the new customers especially the guy selling pineapples. You could call yourselves the "6000 Club" Your destiny calls Bird Man.....................

i wonder why people like you stay in thailand even its seems they don´t like thailand, the people, the food, the way of thai living and so on. people like you should go back to where you come from if you need all the things from there. i would never stay in a country when i must stay there like at home. with all the money you would spend (or better getting ripped off from this farang companies in the malls) you never can be happy here as canarysun with his small budget is.

• Like 1

i wonder why people like you stay in thailand even its seems they don´t like thailand, the people, the food, the way of thai living and so on. people like you should go back to where you come from if you need all the things from there. i would never stay in a country when i must stay there like at home. with all the money you would spend (or better getting ripped off from this farang companies in the malls) you never can be happy here as canarysun with his small budget is.

So in other words having money equates not liking Thailand. I don't much like the malls myself. I do like going to Robinsons so my baby girl can ride the escalator, she gets a kick out that. I thought my writing was a tad bit witty, sorry if I hit a nerve.

People that post how great their expat lives are tend to be the ones who are homesick most. I feel sorry for them.

Why does he bother you so much? You should feel happy enouh with your Aussie steaks and all those girls you couldn't afford back home. I guess with all that bragging you have been doing in your posts you are really home sick but can't go home because you'd never get laid. I'm surprised you Thai Baht millionaires have time between all your jet setting to keep putting this guy down. What's gonna happen when you can't afford Thai women any more (it will happen)?. It will be a sad day for sure. Well, I already know the answer to that question, both you and Canary will end up in the Philppines when you can't afford Thailand any more both for different reasons.

Apart from its just as (if not more) expensive to live in the Philippines & costs are rising just as fast [emoji17]

Back to the OT, would be great to get an update on the OPs thoughts & plans...

Yeah I would have thought it would be more expensive in the Philippines, apart from maybe beer!!

What a dull and witless post.

20k a month....hmmm....I could spend that in the St Regis bar just waiting for my gf.......

Hmm you say that you "could" spend it, bit ambiguous, anyone "could" but have you ever? And if yes how often? Weekly? Monthly? Quarterly? Annually?

Makes me wonder if this "smokie36" thing is a franchise and you are the new incumbent, I am sure the previous one was off to start a new nic "Freedom--Landslide2014" or somesuch. Anyway I assume that this 20,000 in the St Regis is just us having our collective leg pulled, the other lad used to do his wining and dining in the On Nut beer garden, as a respite from doing good works amongst the daughters of Distressed Gentlewomen around soi 23.

If you see him please tell him that the Bicycle caff is now closed and a new recommendation is required.

Edited by rott

I must admit viewers I do find it all rather strange as i seem to have been " slated " ( most rudely may i add...) for living so cheaply in the land of smiles..But what is rather strange is that i have been " inundated " with 100's of private messages from farang living in Thailand who seem to also be interested in finding cheap rooms............

Hmmmmmmm ......

F.J wub.png

There are bound to be hundreds of people interested in a room with wifi and 100 tv channels for 2,000 a month in Naklua.

I am interested in the condo you had previously for 6,500 a month in Bangkok, how about a name and soi?