Internet almost at a standstill.

petedk

It took ages just to open the log in page of Gmail so I decided to do a speed-test.

I am using True Ultra Speed on cable and it should be 16 Mbps. Surprise surprise it was 16.5 Mbps.

I changed the server to a US server and then the speed was 0.54 Mbps !!!

Something wrong out there? I haven't read anything.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to be an issue with True right now. Just ran a pathping and am showing very high packet loss at the international gateway:

10 tig-net245-6.trueintergateway.com (113.21.245.6) 256.946 ms * 259.896 ms * 257.340 ms 259.624 ms 258.733 ms * 256.404 ms 252.964 ms 259.439 ms * 256.432 ms 254.749 ms 256.583 ms 258.105 ms 258.684 ms 258.430 ms 259.144 ms 258.764 ms 255.389 ms 255.405 ms 255.515 ms 255.715 ms 256.076 ms 260.709 ms 255.584 ms 258.185 ms 255.275 ms 258.427 ms (13% loss)
11 tig-net245-14.trueintergateway.com (113.21.245.14) 254.944 ms * 257.800 ms * 255.691 ms * * * * * * 253.484 ms * * * * * * 253.903 ms * 258.031 ms * * 255.810 ms * * * * 257.251 ms * (73% loss)

I have noticed the same thing over the past weeks.... with crappy download and periods of complete outage. I'm on the same package as the Op (True 16 Mbps)

I was observing between 100 - 300 kB/s with equal periods of nothing.... (Vuze download).

I switched to use my phone as a Wifi Hotspot (TureMoveH) and got 1 MB/s (the same Vuze download).

I used to get that problem with true all the time - that is why I don't use them anymore. They operate the TTW (total Thai web) where as most of us still need to use the www. Something they don't think anyone really needs or uses.

• Like 1

My findings. 3BB .10 M.B. is perfect, but Google Crome is hopeless compared to I.Explorer.. CAT 30 M.B. fibre optic is a tad down @ 26 ,and Chrome is dithery,yet again , but I.E is super fast. TOT is a realy slow 10 , but its never been consistent. All 3 P.Cs are in a 150 K.M. radius, its pot luck here ive decided.coffee1.gif

True has been doing a network upgrade on docsis for the last 3 weeks according to their technical staff, something their help desk is not communicating to us.

So I tested to Singapore and got;

Tot fth 30mbis - Download :: 30 Mbps 3.7 MB/s arrow-up-doubleM.png Upload :: 1.3 Mbps 160 kB/s

True docsis 50mbis - Download :: 14.8 Mbps 1.9 MB/s arrow-up-doubleM.png Upload :: 4.5 Mbps 560 kB/s

using http://testmy.net/mirror

I had problems with Tue here in Phuket using their DOCSIS service & was awful for a long time, especially FB. It came good for a while but lately has gone back to being really crappy. This morning keep getting message something like connection reset try again.

It just happened again while trying to post this message.

Edited by Valentine
  • Like 1

About 2 weeks ago, my TrueDSL was at a standstill. They were 'fixing' a problem

When it finally came back, speeds were great. So maybe they are only now getting around to 'fixing' the problem in your area.

Have you called support?

I live on Asoke, by the way.

I am having similar problems with TOT for weeks. It's OK in the mornings and sloooooows as the day wears on......

Have lodged 2 complaints on TOT website and rang the call centre yesterday afternoon. My expectations of a remedy are not high however.

I think thats a local issue with TOT, not systemic, at least not this time! Here's the speedtest I just did a few minutes ago to San Jose:

post-97442-0-00049000-1410926935_thumb.j

I am having similar problems with TOT for weeks. It's OK in the mornings and sloooooows as the day wears on......

Have lodged 2 complaints on TOT website and rang the call centre yesterday afternoon. My expectations of a remedy are not high however.

I think thats a local issue with TOT, not systemic, at least not this time! Here's the speedtest I just did a few minutes ago to San Jose:

I think you're right. I have been battling TOT for months over this and only ever get sporadic improvement before it reverts to the same poor performance issues.

I'm nearing my wit's end!!!!!!!

I am using True and when I contacted the HSBC online in the UK it took a really long time to connect, in fact yesterday it took so long, I gave up. I thought it was an HSBC problem because they have had problems at the beginning of September. All other connections including Youtube streaming worked perfectly though.

Your speedtest is absolutely useless, as discussed many times here on TV.

Our ISP's are cheating speedtest.net results.

I get almost always "full speed", even to "exotic" speedtest.net servers around the the world.

But in real life, the speed is a fraction of the cheated speed tests.

But at least, they have learned to keep the ping times realistic....whistling.gif

My True ADSL connection in Pattaya has sucked for weeks. Many visits from techs who cannot find anything wrong always end up trying to sell me optical fibre. After accusing True of deliberate sabotage in resetting my connection every 5 minutes in order to persuade me to change connection type it stopped. Until today when it is slow as a tortoise.

Edited by Keesters

Your speedtest is absolutely useless, as discussed many times here on TV.

Our ISP's are cheating speedtest.net results.

I get almost always "full speed", even to "exotic" speedtest.net servers around the the world.

But in real life, the speed is a fraction of the cheated speed tests.

But at least, they have learned to keep the ping times realistic....whistling.gif

"Your speedtest is absolutely useless, as discussed many times here on TV."

Don't know about absolutely. When I was having a problem a few months ago, the speed tests confirmed that up/downloads were very slow. After several visits by 3BB techs without result I bought into their view that I needed to replace the cable in my condo building from the ground floor up 15 floors. I had a condo employee buy and install the cable for me and everything, including speed tests, return to optimum performance ... well most of the time.

Whether or not the speed tests are precisely accurate doesn't really matter to me. Internet access, email access, downloading all working fine. Things have been a bit slower at night recently, but still functional.