Anyone Ever Actually Try Sandee Language School in Bangkok?

ev1lchris

Has anyone ever sat in or enrolled in the classes at Sandee Language School? Their yearly price is remarkably cheap and I'm thinking about enrolling with them so I can get a year visa. However, I do feel a bit of apprehension because part of me seems like it could be too good to be true.

Anyone have any opinions on this?

I am attending classes there.

There is nothing wrong with the teacher who puts much effort teaching students (like me) who are just lazy.

I really should step up my studies.

I gotta tell you, the staff is very helpful regarding any immigration issues. They prepare everything for you.

Definitely not a dodgy school and I highly recommend it.

I will also consider to go to a school on my next trip. Please, previous poster or anyone else know..the reports of changes made to ED visa..

did this school make changes in hours or inform students of any change in format?

I read students will be forced to attend more hours and extra days and strict testing.

true?

• 6 months later...

There is nothing wrong with the teacher who puts much effort teaching students (like me) who are just lazy.

I gotta tell you, the staff is very helpful regarding any immigration issues. They prepare everything for you.

When I read through their website, it says 1900 for extension and another 2000 for visa, whereas normal school will ask for 1900 pay to the immigration directly, so when you add this up, 2000 times 3 or 4, the fees are just a little cheaper than those good school, further more only 4 hours per week, which immigration requires at least 8 hours per week, so I am curious whether immigration will grant the student extension when it is due? So you may have to put up another 3k, which is 4900 for immigration every 3 months for non check. I am saying this out of logic, well, only those who had attended knew best, pls share your experience on fees.

• 7 months later...

When I read through their website, it says 1900 for extension and another 2000 for visa, whereas normal school will ask for 1900 pay to the immigration directly, so when you add this up, 2000 times 3 or 4, the fees are just a little cheaper than those good school, further more only 4 hours per week, which immigration requires at least 8 hours per week, so I am curious whether immigration will grant the student extension when it is due? So you may have to put up another 3k, which is 4900 for immigration every 3 months for non check. I am saying this out of logic, well, only those who had attended knew best, pls share your experience on fees.

Someone emailed me regarding this school because they saw my post above.

I am sorry Corabiker, but there is so much fail in your post.

There is no 2000 baht fee to a school, you just pay it once to immigration directly. It's once a year, not 4 times. Where the heck did you get that from?

Yes, extensions are 1,900 for times a year.... this is a normal extension fee everywhere.

Someone emailed me regarding this school because they saw my post above.

I am sorry Corabiker, but there is so much fail in your post.

There is no 2000 baht fee to a school, you just pay it once to immigration directly. It's once a year, not 4 times. Where the heck did you get that from?

Yes, extensions are 1,900 for times a year.... this is a normal extension fee everywhere.

What about the required extra classroom hours of attendance though? Is it still 4 hours per week or not?

A friend of mine did a year on an ED visa in Pattaya as he rolled towards ultimately being eligible for a Retirement extension and he was considering signing up for another 1-year ED to tide him over. He had lived in Thailand for almost 20 years and was very happy with the opportunity to learn to speak the local language better while benefiting from the visa. However, his time for renewal was coincident with the new, increased class attendance rules and since he reckoned longer sessions of "basically being taught Thai the same way they teach Thai to their children" would do his head in so he switched to a few months of visa-exempt entries before getting a Non-O and subsequent Retirement extension. He thought the doubled classroom attendance was a deal-killer but the school which is the subject of this thread doesn't appear to have doubled their attendance rules.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think it's also important to put things in perspective. In America, it's about $40 USD or I guess 1300 baht an hour to learn Thai. When I studied in Thailand, it was about 200 an hour I think. The teachers are motivated somehow, while at times getting frustrated.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/23/2016 at 6:40 AM, puukao said:

I think it's also important to put things in perspective. In America, it's about $40 USD or I guess 1300 baht an hour to learn Thai. When I studied in Thailand, it was about 200 an hour I think. The teachers are motivated somehow, while at times getting frustrated.

A friend took a Thai course at Northern Virginia Community College....probably more like 5 bucks an hour.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived