Mudguards to be eliminated

greg71

It's nice to be the biker with no fender but can understand why that law exists.

I've had my car windshield chipped from rocks flying off of tires in front of me before.

I ride through the rain storms here often so it gets annoying riding behind things with no fenders.

All the sludge gets sprayed on me if I follow too close.

If there is a law to have fenders; I like it.

I think tire huggers/license plate brackets like on a Diavel are a good way to make a bike look nice but still not kick up debris.

Every bike should move in that direction.

Edited by ttakata
  • Like 1

Recently I did a ride up north for 8 days and my friend was on a new Yam MT09 and I was on my Versys, every stop his back was dripping road slime and water and my back was dry.

I just bought a BMW GS800 and last week running the bike in no rain for 3 days so time will tell if I will get the same wet back affliction.

Kind of dont mind a mudguard to help keep dry or I may have to do a huge rubber flap to hang on the rear, my mate was seriousily covered in road crap, it was raining the whole time.

i have a mud guard on my cbr650f rear tire as it splashes lots of dirt and mud to my back, neck and helmet and you look stupid on roads that way as people think like; 'How come this cool rider did not think that!'

also gfs always get angry about it:)

Moreover, with a mud guard, kindly you do not splash water to other rider's faces as well.

It's funny just reading the main article and in the comments section it says that....Australia doesn't allow internationally recognised USA and European helmet standards just Australian Standards. Can this be true?

I know it's true in Thailand but no one cares as it's not really enforced but Australia is far stricter. Are people being fined there for wearing Arai or Sheoi helmets?

It's funny just reading the main article and in the comments section it says that....Australia doesn't allow internationally recognised USA and European helmet standards just Australian Standards. Can this be true?

I know it's true in Thailand but no one cares as it's not really enforced but Australia is far stricter. Are people being fined there for wearing Arai or Sheoi helmets?

Dont think that Arai or Shoei helmets would not pass Australian/New Zealand Standard. At least all Shoei helmets sold there are approved. Much worser than being fined may be trouble with insurance?

"All Helmets are AS/NZS 1698 Approved" (info in left column):

https://www.shoei.com.au/

http://roadsafety.transport.nsw.gov.au/stayingsafe/motorcyclists/motorcyclehelmets.html

Edited by wantan