Got scammed, awful experience doing a visa run yesterday.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you stay 3 months,

and another 2 months,

as real tourist for 5 months,

and now my poor guy you spended 50$ more for the visa run as expected !

how much would you pay as tourist for a hotel per day ?

how much troubles have a thai to get a visa for USA ??

and not more extra expenses than 50 bucks ?

if you need now some BHT for kin kauw,

pls for bank details;

I must have over spent by $50 usd......

facepalm.gif

My favourite quote from the article too.

A whole 50 dollars! You are joking! Why weren't Interpol involved in this large scale international fraud racket?

50 bucks. Get a life. 1500 Bt check bins don't faze me too much.

I had a tuk tuk driver try to take me to that white building. Luckily I had done my research before hand. I told NO! He said I have to...I told him NO! He smiled and turned around as guys came out of the building waving us back. If he hadn't turned around I would've paid him

nothing and started walking to immigration.

Well, in february 2001 when I did my first and last visa run to Polpet/Arayaprthet; it was already like that.

the only difference being they tried to take me to a brothel on the Khmer Side ... Lol.

Nothing change because they will always be gullible people like you (sorry to say so), because it is their first time (I was as much as gullible me too) who will forget the basis (never ever give your passport to someone, remember vocally the crooks officers it is a property of your government) or feel pushed too much (at one moment it is easy to feel our life is in danger, but it is only a feeling, they will not kill the golden goose). Last, remember 200 bht * 10 = 2 000 bhts (a week salary), so even if you agreed for some help, DO NOT BE GENEROUS.

Very last : NEVER EVER USE A FIXER AT THE BORDER, you will gain nothing but troubles.

OP - your main mistakes, in no particular order were:

1. Letting your GF do the typical cruise mode thinking (which means NOT thinking). She should have been your saviour - take that as a hint. If she cares that less, or thinks that little.....I'd be worried. Hopefully she's not taking commission on your condo/hotel/market purchases.

2. You used public transport in Thailand. Public transport consists of Suicide Motorbike Taxis, Suicide Car Taxis, Kamikaze Vans, Kamikaze Busses, and Death Trains. You should have hired a car and driven yourself - your safety is then in your hands, and not the hands of a cretin that's high and drunk, can't drive to save himself, and actually DOES aspire to be an F1 driver.

3. If approached by anybody who offers to help you, pretend not to speak English and walk away. That way, you avoid getting scammed and have a chance to figure things out yourself. Also, you won't wake up in the morning with a headache and a phrophylactic hanging out of your rectum.

4. Do your research. This applies to everything in Thailand. Even something simple like going to the toilet has specific differences to western countries. That can apply to knowing how to use a bum gun without spraying your shirt, or how to politely get the plonker in the gogo bars from giving you a massage while standing at the urinal - which tends to affect your aim, thus you end up pissing on your shoes. Before doing anything official, research, research, research!!

We look forward to your future exploits of getting a drivers licence, buying 100 rai up north and building a lean-to that costs three million baht.

(p.s. all tongue in cheek, but take the core messages as gospel - Cheers thumbsup.gif )

Seriously... It must be knucklehead posting week....

Point number 2 is just ludicrous... Show some respect... granted there are a few dingleberries driving, but you make it sound suicidal!

Ha ha. Every week is knucklehead posting week on TV. Always amazed that the forum rules disallow anti Thai stuff. The mods would be spending all their time deleting 90% of the posts.

That sucks, lucky for me I went to Penang, Malaysia with one of my coworkers who was very helpful. I waited in line for at least 3 min and got everything back in 24 hours for my Non-B. As soon as we got off the bus people left and right did ask if I was on a "Visa run" and right away I said no I was on a holiday. They looked at us and laughed because they already knew lol my partner who came along already schooled me on everything which made the trip very smooth. We made it back less than 3 days. I would suggest doing it on your own next time and if the gf is not helpful, then maybe you should go on your own. Not that I am saying it is happening to you, but I have friends who live out here and been scammed by Thai women for money or whatever so just keep an eye out. I always tell my buddies that settle out here, if your girl is not really helping out, but always concerned with what you have in your wallet then it's time to kick her to the curb. "No money, no honey" seems to be their favorite term out here. They barley can speak any English, but that phrase comes out very clearly lol. Good luck to ya next time.

Edited by Kru Nudee Anuban 76

you stay 3 months,

and another 2 months,

as real tourist for 5 months,

and now my poor guy you spended 50$ more for the visa run as expected !

how much would you pay as tourist for a hotel per day ?

how much troubles have a thai to get a visa for USA ??

and not more extra expenses than 50 bucks ?

if you need now some BHT for kin kauw,

pls for bank details;

It was only 30 bucks. Wouldn't even mention that to anybody.Sounds more like Kee Nok to me. Will go to a temple and pray for his bucks, sucks,...aeehh soul...

I'm afraid same guy pays twice as much for short time.

Edited by lostinisaan

" I must have looked easy because once we got off the bus we were greated by a guy holding a badge "

which may have carried no more clout than something which said he was a member of the Reader's Digest Associationgiggle.gif

If he also had whistle, it was our gate guard from school. He does that every week.

Edited by lostinisaan

Is that it OP? After all that I was expecting you'd end your tale with fighting off hordes of zombies a la World War Z as the van driver ( who bore more than a striking resemblance to Pumpkinhead) did a juggling act with a few phials of anthrax before screaming " Made it ma! Top of the world!" and steering into the nearest klong.biggrin.png

Psychopathic, but too lazy to aim for the far canal.

• Like 1

Much better to fly out of the country to Hong Kong/ Kuala Lumpur, do whatever you have to do including embassy visits and then fly back the next day. Why anyone would risk their lives on these Thai buses and visa run tours is beyond me, and yet you all keep doing it.

• Like 1

Thanks for the information, for your first trip you should of went with a visa run company.

Well I took my Thai girlfriend with me. I thought she could help me avoid any issues that I might come across.

She just told me "I think too much." lol.

How would she know she never makes visa runs.

• Like 2

Glad I used a normal visa run service rather than going it alone.

And yes Thai bus/van drivers can not drive, they tend to floor it and hope for the best. The garlands keep them safe. But if they do die they come back for another life, we as farrang, just die.

How much was the visa run service?

2500 all in. So I spent nothing other than buying an ice cream waiting for the agent to do the paper work... Mine was a V.I.P. bus with just 6 seats.

I have seen 1900 baht services also.

Yes, i agree with that. Probably it includes also a free breakfast.

and if it was the Victoria Bar in Soi 6, Pattaya, also a lunch, but it is not free, you are paying for it with the fee. It is an excellent service by the way.

1. Letting your GF do the typical cruise mode thinking (which means NOT thinking). She should have been your saviour - take that as a hint. If she cares that less, or thinks that little.....I'd be worried. Hopefully she's not taking commission on your condo/hotel/market purchases.

2. You used public transport in Thailand. Public transport consists of Suicide Motorbike Taxis, Suicide Car Taxis, Kamikaze Vans, Kamikaze Busses, and Death Trains. You should have hired a car and driven yourself - your safety is then in your hands, and not the hands of a cretin that's high and drunk, can't drive to save himself, and actually DOES aspire to be an F1 driver.

3. If approached by anybody who offers to help you, pretend not to speak English and walk away. That way, you avoid getting scammed and have a chance to figure things out yourself. Also, you won't wake up in the morning with a headache and a phrophylactic hanging out of your rectum.

4. Do your research. This applies to everything in Thailand. Even something simple like going to the toilet has specific differences to western countries. That can apply to knowing how to use a bum gun without spraying your shirt, or how to politely get the plonker in the gogo bars from giving you a massage while standing at the urinal - which tends to affect your aim, thus you end up pissing on your shoes. Before doing anything official, research, research, research!!

We look forward to your future exploits of getting a drivers licence, buying 100 rai up north and building a lean-to that costs three million baht.

(p.s. all tongue in cheek, but take the core messages as gospel - Cheers thumbsup.gif )

No 2. Your safety is never in your own hands driving in Thailand, no matter how safe your driving is, the roads are full of idiots who have no common sense, and you never know what they are going to do next, all you can do is try and be prepared.

• Like 1

Went twice to chong chom border. Cambodian visa was 1100 first time 1200 second. When they give you the visa , you cross the street pay 300 to get stamped out and walk again in Thailand. Thai border security never charged me 1฿

The same as when you go to Maesot, the Burma Immigration charge you 500 Baht, again no charge at the Thai end. Daylight robbery.

• Like 1

Seriously... It must be knucklehead posting week....

Point number 2 is just ludicrous... Show some respect... granted there are a few dingleberries driving, but you make it sound suicidal!

Ha ha. Every week is knucklehead posting week on TV. Always amazed that the forum rules disallow anti Thai stuff. The mods would be spending all their time deleting 90% of the posts.

But we have to face facts, when it comes to driving, I would say about 90 % of Thai drivers and m/c riders have dreadful road sense. Do you drive regularly or ride m/cs here in Thailand?

No 2. Your safety is never in your own hands driving in Thailand, no matter how safe your driving is, the roads are full of idiots who have no common sense, and you never know what they are going to do next, all you can do is try and be prepared.

That can be said of any country... although I would agree that even when driving yourself in Thailand you are at a higher risk than in the UK or other countries of similar driving standard; the safety of which have been ensured through very similar laws and imposed through a stricter level of consequence for those in flagrant disregard of the Law.

At least when driving yourself in Thailand your safety for the most part is in your hands rather than handing over complete control to others and in many cases someone far less educated.

• Like 1