British backpacker arrested for suspected murder of fellow Britons at Koh Tao

webfact

Apparently in the Thai language news the blood stained clothes were hidden in his luggage, also the guy had been raped too plus the girl had blonde hair in her hands, it's going to get interesting now for sure

i've just seen a picture of the guy, he doesnt have blond hair

Neither do Burmese usually

• Like 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hope there's more genuine evidence than ' seen strolling near the scene ', I presume if it's him he was strolling before and not after the crime.

They have found a bloodstain on his clothes but wasn't he already interviewed and allowed to go and the stain wasn't seen then ?

I'm not saying he's innocent but the BIB get everything arse for elbow and it raises doubt especially when told from the very top to get it solved ' yesterday '.

He is the one they wanted to talk to but couldn't as he had disappeared on the first ferry out after the murders had taken place.

Was it just a coincidence he left in a hurry or was he fleeing the scene............You decided

• Like 1

I rather think it is readily apparent this British lad is about to be fitted up for the murders. It is a classic ploy and quite in keeping with the pressure being exerted by the Junta leader who has made it quite clear no Thai would do this and the protection of Thailand's " reputation " is paramount.

The Brit ambassador should get someone down there pretty damn quick if a major travesty is to be avoided.

"the Junta leader (who) has made it quite clear no Thai would do this "

Source please

• Like 1

I rather think it is readily apparent this British lad is about to be fitted up for the murders. It is a classic ploy and quite in keeping with the pressure being exerted by the Junta leader who has made it quite clear no Thai would do this and the protection of Thailand's " reputation " is paramount.

The Brit ambassador should get someone down there pretty damn quick if a major travesty is to be avoided.

Are you saying a Brit couldn't have done this? If so, based on what?

Interviewed the day after the murder, no evidence found, released, grabbed again 3 days later, evidence found in his luggage.

Both victims raped.

Sound like more than one attacker, if both victims raped in a short space of time.

Evidence not there one day, then appearing in the same place a few days later, sounds iffy to me.

If the Brit did it, all very convenient for everyone involved (except the Brit).

That still doesn't say that a Brit could not have done it.... Of course a Brit could have done it...

At the time of his first questioning, maybe the bloke wasn't a suspect but rather, maybe the cops treated him as a possible witness. You know, being a friend and all.

Why the need for 2 people? You belt a couple of unsuspecting people over the head with a hoe, they aint gunna argue too much.... Anyone who would kill 2 kids is a sick fark.... Who is to say the bodies were not interfered with post mortem? A sick fark just might do that.... Even a British one...

There have been racial undertones right from the beginning of this, imo... First it had to be a Thai, then it had to be a Burmese, and now it looks like it was a Brit... DNA will tell us whether he has anything t o worry about... there appears to be lots available

To me, the fact there was no robbery, made it likely there was farang involvement... right from day one.

• Like 1

Good to hear the Burmese were cleared. For quick closure I hope the evidence ends with the backpacker. Less damage to Thailand's identity for visitors. At least every inch of a break that Thailand gets now is a good break.

I don't give a damn of the nationality of the killer or the reputation of Thailand.

What I want is the real killer to be found for the sakes of the families of those kids and the sakes of other people being killed by the same murderer.

I think he wants that too. But he still has a valid point I believe.

Yes. Of course. That's a given. Closure and justice for the families. However there is a larger picture for the community and country whenever there is a heinous crime.

Let's hope there's more genuine evidence than ' seen strolling near the scene ', I presume if it's him he was strolling before and not after the crime.

They have found a bloodstain on his clothes but wasn't he already interviewed and allowed to go and the stain wasn't seen then ?

I'm not saying he's innocent but the BIB get everything arse for elbow and it raises doubt especially when told from the very top to get it solved ' yesterday '.

He is the one they wanted to talk to but couldn't as he had disappeared on the first ferry out after the murders had taken place.

Was it just a coincidence he left in a hurry or was he fleeing the scene............You decided

Apparently he was interviewed on the mainland at Surat Thani and released.

• Like 1

theres no way that its the British guy

no doubt they would love to fit him up then back to business as usual

If they were going to fit anyone up it be the Burmese migrant workers, A lot easier than having to deal with a western embassy.

If the British guy can explain why he left the island in a hurry with blood stains on his jeans im sure he will be ok.

• Like 1

theres no way that its the British guy

no doubt they would love to fit him up then back to business as usual

If they were going to fit anyone up it be the Burmese migrant workers, A lot easier than having to deal with a western embassy.

If the British guy can explain why he left the island in a hurry with blood stains on his jeans im sure he will be ok.

Burmese worker did it, then big problem for tourism.

Brit did it, then not so big a problem.

The island was used for day trips and overnight stays, everyone leaves the next day.

The blood stains weren't there the first time the police looked.

A blood stained hoe without any finger prints on it ?

Prints are set by sweat and do not adhere to everything. It would depend on what the handle of the hoe was made of and was it exposed to outside contamination e.g salt water. If taken from a construction site and may have been handled by multiple workers there would be multiple prints probably all smudged and no good as evidence.

Unless you really want one of them to be.

Only need his fingers prints, is there none in the blood ? He has cuts on his hands (which the police originally dismissed).

He held the hoe and held both down to rape them or did he rape them after they were dead or knocked out ?

A Thai Visa text says the PM on the male shows he had salt water in his system which could mean many things.

Just gets more complicated doesn't it so lets hope the BIB can work it out as it actually happened and not how they want it to be.

All along I have suspected this. I wonder if this is the same chap they detained originally and let go because he explained his injuries (that is the DUMBEST thing I have read in a long time BTW.....just because he had injuries they figured that was the only thing they needed a cover story for). After the detention the lad left the island immediately and headed to Bangkok.

Back to my original story. Jealous, drunk, incidental implement, quick savage attack, attempt to move man, spooked, ran.

--EDIT--

Except for the post above mine adding something completely new into the scene......wow!

we shall see. I guess.

First the guy in the picture is not the suspect he was questioned by the police re.the wound on his hand and was released. The person they have now is a friend of the deceased who left the Island on the 6am boat on the morning of the murders. Now I think there is a clearer picture to whats happening. But again very sad for both families who are likely to be reading these posts so try to be sensitive to that.

• Like 1

Personally I thought the whole thing smacked of "a crazed man on yaba" because that stuff rarely seems to be faraway when weird random crimes occur in this country. Even for a guy to be drunk and jealous over a girl at a party, murdering (and possibly raping) both her and her partner on their way home seems too extreme. Also, if I were the victims parents I'd be putting pressure on the UK govt to send some real detectives over to piece it together.

• Like 1

I guess they will find out from the rape kit if it was the boy or not - Its pretty shitty that his picture is all over the place at this point of the so called "investigation" even if it is found he is totally not guilty his name is already smeared with this.

I hope professional investigators deal with this and not just someone pointing a finger at anyone nearby to "solve" it

Edited by Tham1