Is A Masters Necessary To Teach English In Payap?

crabstix

Hi. Not sure if I will get better responses in the Chiang Mai forum or Teaching in Thailand forum but I imagine people in the Chiang Mai area will at least know someone who has worked in Payap University.

I have a degree, a TEFL certificate and six years teaching experience in Northern Thailand teaching English. Is it possible to get a job in Payap University teaching English with just these qualifications or will I need a Master's degree?

What is the teaching situation like there? I'd like to hear from anyone who has had some good/bad experiences working there.

Hi. Not sure if I will get better responses in the Chiang Mai forum or Teaching in Thailand forum but I imagine people in the Chiang Mai area will at least know someone who has worked in Payap University.

I have a degree, a TEFL certificate and six years teaching experience in Northern Thailand teaching English. Is it possible to get a job in Payap University teaching English with just these qualifications or will I need a Master's degree?

What is the teaching situation like there? I'd like to hear from anyone who has had some good/bad experiences working there.

I don't know about Payap, but I know that certain EFL positions at CMU don't require a Masters - I imagine the pay would be much better if you had one.

The foreigners that I know who work there all have either a Master degree or PHD. It attracts quite a few foreigners so I'd expect that they'd require a Masters degree at a minimum

I've known a few that have worked there (currently and in the past) that don't have Masters. They have had a fair bit of experience teaching CMU students though.