Restart Linux meetings in Bangkok

Cloggie

i'm kind of on the fence about coming into town tonight, particularly as JJ has now cancelled. are the other 2 of you still committed? what about you @oxfordwill? you never said if you could make it. what is the plan and what is the timeframe?

I'm sorry not to be able to come today, I was really looking forward to this meeting but unfortunately we got very sad news last night and I can't definitively leave my wife alone tonight. Good to hear that you guys can still make it. The first round and the next will be for me next time. Don't hesitate to let us know how was the evening.

Cheers

PS : If we can sort out our problems on time I'll visit the HK electronic fair next week. Don't hesitate to let me know if you need anything from there. http://www.hktdc.com/fair/hkelectronicsfairae-en/HKTDC-Hong-Kong-Electronics-Fair-Autumn-Edition.html

Edited by JohnnyJazz

Just come back from a short holiday in Thailand, any report about the meeting?

Sure... We met, we drank, we talked.

Seriously though, it was nice to get out and meet with a few fellow geeks, hopefully next month we can get a few more people on board.

sent from my slimkat 1+ using tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

These meetings are open and free (as in freedom), you can drink what you want, talk about what you want, and to answer a previous question even windoze users are welcome (or Mac). Only requirement is a little bit of geekiness [emoji6]

These meetings are open and free (as in freedom), you can drink what you want, talk about what you want, and to answer a previous question even windoze users are welcome (or Mac). Only requirement is a little bit of geekiness

• 3 weeks later...

Why not. I spend my days on forums talking about home networks, home automation, home theater ... it would be nice to talk to real people for a change. But I've a feeling that the last meeting didn't go so well so people are not that interested anymore.

Btw I found out that home theatre people are more computer geeks while home automation enthusiasts are more DIY fans. Just an observation.

Why not. I spend my days on forums talking about home networks, home automation, home theater ... it would be nice to talk to real people for a change. But I've a feeling that the last meeting didn't go so well so people are not that interested anymore.

Btw I found out that home theatre people are more computer geeks while home automation enthusiasts are more DIY fans. Just an observation.

Maybe there needs to be some kind of loose agenda - at least listing what people's favourite topics are currently ;)

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Cool, than see you on Thursday 7pm smile.png

C u tomorrow

I can probably make that. And where do you get the impression the last meeting was a bomb? I had a good time, and I think the 2 others that bothered to show did as well.

Sorry I wasn't there (for my defense I posted here in advance that because some family issue I wouldn't be able to come) but as promised first round on me this time wink.png

Sorry I wasn't there (for my defense I posted here in advance that because some family issue I wouldn't be able to come) but as promised first round on me this time wink.png

I am sorry, my post was badly worded - I shouldn't have written 'bothered', that was rude.

Anyway, something just came up and I will not be able to make it tonight. Bummer cause I could really use a Guinness. We need to try to find a time that we can get more than 2 or 3 people, maybe after the first of the year. Be careful down there, the cops are a bit frisky these days.