Australia launches anti-terror raids

webfact

Australia launches anti-terror raids in Sydney and Brisbane

(BBC) Australian police have made arrests in Sydney and Brisbane, in what they say is the nation's biggest counter-terrorism operation.

More than 600 heavily armed officers raided properties in the two cities. Police said the operation was ongoing, giving no further details.

Last week the country raised its terror threat level from medium to high.

The move comes in response to growing concern over the domestic impact of militant conflicts in Iraq and Syria.

'No specific intelligence'

Police said the raids were being carried out in the western parts of Sydney and Brisbane's south.

Officials declined to say exactly how many people were arrested. Further updates are expected later on Thursday.

Separately, in one part of Sydney, death threats were shouted from a car bearing a flag of Islamic State militants near a church, Australia's Sydney Morning Herald reported.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-29245611

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-09-18

• Like 1

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good to see that domestic intelligence services and no doubt other security services seem to be getting their act together in the fight against all of the assorted terrorist factions that seem to abound in our world these days.

Truth is ''there is nothing wrong with our world, it's some of the people that live in our world are the wrong ones.''

• Like 2

But they should also be aware that in bending over for the US in matters of the US's foreign policy, they invite the wrath of jihadists/militant Islamists.[/size]

Thankfully no one is listening to the apologists and those in favour of appeasement.

Good on Australia. Lets hope more countries follow suit.

Advocating to not add fuel to someone else's fire is not apologist nor is it appeasement. If you'd quoted me in full, you would see the opposite of appeasement and apologist. I advocated arrest, incarceration, and deportation of jihadists and Islamist militants.

Why do you continually try to spin things for your hateful Islamaphobic agenda?

• Like 2

I moved from AU last year because it is becoming unsafe to walk the streets at night...I worked at the Valley in Brisbane and see what is happening....too much Caffeine drinks along with alcohol...

I remember the Cronulla riots and what sparked them and this is going to happen again

Someone will do something against an Aussie in the name of Allah and all hell will brake loose

• Like 1

" Last week the country raised its terror threat level from medium to high. "

No mention that last week the country announced it's decision to send troops to Syria/Iraq.

Of course they should arrest, incarcerate, and deport if possible jihadists/militant islamists, But they should also be aware that in bending over for the US in matters of the US's foreign policy, they invite the wrath of jihadists/militant Islamists.

Yes of course. If you never did anything to hurt their little feelings, they'd never, ever do anything to harm you.

w00t.gif

• Like 2

OMG!!!!

From the article:

HORRIFIC details have emerged of a plot to behead an Australian and upload it to social media in a deliberate attack against the country.

While the claims remain unconfirmed, Channel Seven reports one the men charged in this morning’s raids in Sydney planned to kidnap a random Australian, execute them by beheading in a public place, possibly Martin Place in Sydney’s CBD, and film the act and post on social media.

Further reports have emerged terrorists planned to drape the victim in an Islamic State flag.

"Islam is good!

Islam is a religion of peace!

Muslims are good peaceful people!"

I am quoting here Obama, Cameron and many other Politically Correct Leaders of the Western World.

The same Leaders who are drumming up the collective International military forces against Islamists, Jihadists, Terrorists.

Pity that nobody can explain where the hell they are coming from?

I am an Australian.

I am not religious.

I am tolerant of all religions that do not apply force, cohersion, and are tolerant of each other believes.

Can't say more for obvious reasons.

Edited by ABCer
  • Like 1

OMG!!!!

From the article:

HORRIFIC details have emerged of a plot to behead an Australian and upload it to social media in a deliberate attack against the country.

While the claims remain unconfirmed, Channel Seven reports one the men charged in this morning’s raids in Sydney planned to kidnap a random Australian, execute them by beheading in a public place, possibly Martin Place in Sydney’s CBD, and film the act and post on social media.

Further reports have emerged terrorists planned to drape the victim in an Islamic State flag.

Not at all suprised and I hope I'm wrong but I suspect this is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg

I alway wondered why some people refer to Islam this way. Basically it is a PR term dreamed up by politically correct politicians and media types. As far as I can tell, there is no realistic basis for this term.

Religion of Peace is a political neologism used as a description of Islam. After the September 11, 2001 attacks, some politicians described Islam as a "religion of peace" in an effort to differentiate between Islamic terrorists, Islamism, and non-violent Muslims.[1] Subsequently, some critics of Islam have adopted the phrase, using the term "Religion of Peace" in a sarcastic manner as a pejorative synonym for Islam.[2][3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_of_Peace

I have the right to qoute. And I said I am qouting.

I have the right to be sarcastic. And I am !

I do not have to point it out every time I use sarcasm. People can understand. If they cannot - not my problem.

Edited by ABCer
  • Like 1

I alway wondered why some people refer to Islam this way. Basically it is a PR term dreamed up by politically correct politicians and media types. As far as I can tell, there is no realistic basis for this term.

Religion of Peace is a political neologism used as a description of Islam. After the September 11, 2001 attacks, some politicians described Islam as a "religion of peace" in an effort to differentiate between Islamic terrorists, Islamism, and non-violent Muslims.[1] Subsequently, some critics of Islam have adopted the phrase, using the term "Religion of Peace" in a sarcastic manner as a pejorative synonym for Islam.[2][3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_of_Peace

I have the right to qoute. And I said I am qouting.

I have the right to be sarcastic. And I am !

I do not have to point it out every time I use sarcasm. People can understand. If they cannot - not my problem.

I understood you. I was just commenting on the term as used by politicians and by the press. wai.gif

OMG!!!!

From the article:

What is truly going on here, use intelligence and sound police work to arrest the bad guys of course. Sent planes and troops to the ME to deal with these savages, for sure.

Apart from the practical needs to deal with the threats from these misguided people it's the disturbing propaganda from our governments that concerns me.

A plot to kidnap and behead an innocent person in Sydney, yes they have sown they are capable of such brutality in the ME.

Is the report of this threat based on facts or is it something else?

OMG!!!!

From the article:

What is truly going on here, use intelligence and sound police work to arrest the bad guys of course. Sent planes and troops to the ME to deal with these savages, for sure.

Apart from the practical needs to deal with the threats from these misguided people it's the disturbing propaganda from our governments that concerns me.

A plot to kidnap and behead an innocent person in Sydney, yes they have sown they are capable of such brutality in the ME.

Is the report of this threat based on facts or is it something else?

Well try doing this in an Islamic country

CHURCH-goers in Sydney’s west have been left shaken after a stranger shouted death threats from a car bearing the Islamic State flag.

The car drove past Our Lady of Lebanon Church at Harris Park on Tuesday and witnesses claim it had a flag similar to those brandished by Islamic State jihadists hanging out the window.

A priest from the church told AAP the people in the car threatened to “kill the Christians” and slaughter their children. “They were strong words and people were scared of what they saw,” he said.

There you go again simple1 trying to smudge the issue with meaningless tags like jihadist or extremists, While it's true not all Muslims are jihadist or extremists, it would be world war 3 already if they were, it is true that all jihadists and extremists are Muslims. Islam never has been a religion of peace, never has been a religion of tolerance, never has been anything other than an expansionist, divisive creed that incorporates a whole political, religious and social framework. There is no room for unbelievers- jihadists, extremists or moderates, the belief system remains set in stone.

Edited by jacky54
  • Like 2

There you go again simple1 trying to smudge the issue with meaningless tags like jihadist or extremists, While it's true not all Muslims are jihadist or extremists, it would be world war 3 already if they were, it is true that all jihadists and extremists are Muslims. Islam never has been a religion of peace, never has been a religion of tolerance, never has been anything other than an expansionist, divisive creed that incorporates a whole political, religious and social framework. There is no room for unbelievers, jihadists, extremists or moderates, the belief system remains set in stone.

This is the latest news, click on link.

Some do gooders are now eating their words, like it would never happen here?

https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/25037909/arrests-made-in-counterterror-raids-in-sydneys-northwest/

• Like 1

There you go again simple1 trying to smudge the issue with meaningless tags like jihadist or extremists, While it's true not all Muslims are jihadist or extremists, it would be world war 3 already if they were, it is true that all jihadists and extremists are Muslims. Islam never has been a religion of peace, never has been a religion of tolerance, never has been anything other than an expansionist, divisive creed that incorporates a whole political, religious and social framework. There is no room for unbelievers- jihadists, extremists or moderates, the belief system remains set in stone.

"meaningless tags like jihadist or extremists"

Take up your complaint with the Oz political and security agencies who refute your assertion. There again you won't bother 'cause you know better than the professionals who manage these issues 24/7/365

This is the latest news, click on link.

Some do gooders are now eating their words, like it would never happen here?

https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/25037909/arrests-made-in-counterterror-raids-in-sydneys-northwest/

Cue the usual nonsense, not real Muslims, tiny minority, most do not support this, just jihadists etc and of course the good old, what about the Bible and Christian atrocities over the years. Unfortunately all of these ideas for violence and beheadings are motivated directly from the Koran and the life of the phrophet, it's as clear as day.