Australia launches anti-terror raids

webfact

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, I don't wonder. I make no apologies for the baddies, but you will try to make out that even good people are baddies just because they are Muslim. I defend good people from haters such as yourself.

And you wonder why we call you an apologist? rolleyes.gif

Simple people are swayed by manipulative men with agendas and propaganda on both sides. You are no different to the majority of the protesters in the report.

A good person can never make a bad belief system any better than it is. There are indeed many good, nice, lets all get on together Muslims, but that does not alter one line of the Koran, make the life of the Prophet any less evil and is never going to persuade a jihadist that they are wrong. A person exposing the truth on Islam is not a hater, you do not have to hate Muslims to be anti Islam and you certainly are not a good Muslim just because you are not an 'extreme' Muslim out on the streets killing people.

Edited by jacky54

"The topic is about Australia. The Australian authorities have stated that there are "up to" 100 extremists in Australia. Out of a population of 23.6 million, that is a very small number."

I think you should have said, out of a population of 476,000, that's how many Muslims there are in Australia. Not likely to find too many terrorists amongst the Christian population.

Fair point. Nonetheless, less than 100 out of 476 000 is still a very small proportion. It's a comparatively small number.

If 100 out of 476,000 is "a very small proportion", what is zero out of the remaining 22.5 million? My point being that 22.5 million Australians can live in peace, yet the Muslims that we invite into our country, who we provide with housing, welfare payments, free medical etc, cannot. They just don't assimilate, not just in Australia, but wherever they migrate to, they have a bad reputation of biting the hand that feeds them.

• Like 2

I think it's vital that Australia clean up its own backyard before further escalation or any involvement in Syrian or Iraqi conflict (war) with ISIS States. Not to do so only bodes trouble for its own citizens. Other countries should follow suit, and it should be done in conjunction WITH the 'moderate' Muslims. In fact I would suggest if they have time to complain about it and organize rallies, they have time to clean it up themselves, instead of exercising their martyrdom "poor me' attitudes. If you are not part of the solution your are part of the problem.

Oz

"The topic is about Australia. The Australian authorities have stated that there are "up to" 100 extremists in Australia. Out of a population of 23.6 million, that is a very small number."

I think you should have said, out of a population of 476,000, that's how many Muslims there are in Australia. Not likely to find too many terrorists amongst the Christian population.

Fair point. Nonetheless, less than 100 out of 476 000 is still a very small proportion. It's a comparatively small number.

How much damage, destruction and death can 100 cause? It didn't take 100 to cause 9/11

Nobody is denying that. That's not the point. Go back and read how this sideline came up. Someone started quoiting hundreds of thousands of jihadists....I brought it back to Australia, the subject of this thread, where there are reportedly "up to". 100.

There is also a desire on my part to continue to argue with the one-eyed bigots that try to paint all Muslims as jihadists.

If 100 out of 476,000 is "a very small proportion", what is zero out of the remaining 22.5 million? My point being that 22.5 million Australians can live in peace, yet the Muslims that we invite into our country, who we provide with housing, welfare payments, free medical etc, cannot. They just don't assimilate, not just in Australia, but wherever they migrate to, they have a bad reputation of biting the hand that feeds them.

You've fallen into the generalisation trap. 100 out of nearly half a million is not all Muslims. It's a tiny fraction.

How much damage, destruction and death can 100 cause? It didn't take 100 to cause 9/11

Nobody is denying that. That's not the point. Go back and read how this sideline came up. Someone started quoiting hundreds of thousands of jihadists....I brought it back to Australia, the subject of this thread, where there are reportedly "up to". 100.

There is also a desire on my part to continue to argue with the one-eyed bigots that try to paint all Muslims as jihadists.

There are certainly thousands joining the IS group in Iraq, so worldwide the jihadists may well number in the hundreds of thousands. Be that as it may, my point still stands that Muslims generally don't make good migrants, no sooner they obtain refuge in a new country they set about trying to change it into the sh*thole they emigrated from.

• Like 2

You've fallen into the generalisation trap. 100 out of nearly half a million is not all Muslims. It's a tiny fraction.

I didn't "generalise" at all, I merely pointed out that there were (at least) 100 terrorists out of a population of 476,000 Muslims, whereas zero terrorists out of the remainder of 22.5 million non-Muslims.

Fellow Muslims only went out to demonstrate against the Police action to stop these 'good' Muslims.

As per usual. How about a Muslim protest against cutting innocent people's heads off?

happened last weekend in Sydney, attended by a few thousand Muslims. A step in the right direction as are a number of interviews in recent days & weeks of Muslims against Islamic State etc, especially TV. I haven't previously bothered to mention as standad template reply of by numerous TV members - your're being an apologist, they are lying or equivalent drivel.

Fellow Muslims only went out to demonstrate against the Police action to stop these 'good' Muslims.

As per usual. How about a Muslim protest against cutting innocent people's heads off?

happened last weekend in Sydney, attended by a few thousand Muslims. A step in the right direction as are a number of interviews in recent days & weeks of Muslims against Islamic State etc, especially TV.

Good for them. thumbsup.gif

There must be much larger numbers of who know and support those 100.

Mosques / imams that preached to them; who are still preaching to others. Family and friends and the local population who listen to the hate preachers and give money to help thier boys go training overseas for the Jihad . 100 is just the estimate of actual fighters ready to blow something up or chop mans heads off in the street.

I didn't "generalise" at all, I merely pointed out that there were (at least) 100 terrorists out of a population of 476,000 Muslims, whereas zero terrorists out of the remainder of 22.5 million non-Muslims.

Posts deleted to enable reply.

Whilst very small in number there have been non Muslim terrorist attacks within Australia & will be in the future. No different to any other Western country

happened last weekend in Sydney, attended by a few thousand Muslims. A step in the right direction as are a number of interviews in recent days & weeks of Muslims against Islamic State etc, especially TV. I haven't previously bothered to mention as standad template reply of by numerous TV members - your're being an apologist, they are lying or equivalent drivel.

where are the photos of these thousands then?

Whilst very small in number there have been non Muslim terrorist attacks within Australia & will be in the future. No different to any other Western country

Are you going back to Ned Kelly here? can't think of any Aussie terrorists planing to behead anyone on the street, more of the usual it's not just them drivel

Edited by jacky54

100 active extremists, but how many supporters?

In an attempt to provide some public domain info provided by Oz government, they are stating approx 50 Oz nationals in Syria/Iraq with to date approx 15 killed. Those who have been named, mainly killed in fighting competing Muslim extremist groups. e.g. An Oz born Muslim young women who joined her Afghan Australian boyfriend in Syria was captured & murdered within a few days of arriving in Syria along with BF, by another extremist group.

To date the figure of approx 100 people relates to Oz government estimate of actual supporters for Syrian/Iraq based terrorist groups in Australia, including those believed to have been recruited for travel to the region. Let's see if the estimates increase in the coming weeks/months.

The ugliness of it's all is the racism in Australia which shines beautifully in this thread with comments like " I am Ozzie " " cronulla riots because someone did something to Ozzie"

Fact is 2 or 3 generation Lebanese is just as much Ozzie as the ones claiming to be " Ozzie "

Those so proudly screaming " Ozzie" do not seem to grasp that their roots are not so pretty, as a matter of fact father was a soldier and mother an army hooker.

Yes sorry to break some peoples prides but convicts were not the first settlers.

Problem is , the so called "Ozzie " and police officers who are also "Ozzie" do not seem to grasp the concept that not all man or women with black hair are Arabs or Muslims .

There are hundreds of thousands of Greeks , Italians , Spanish , South Americans, Serbs , Romanians , etc

Targeting what "Ozzie" perceives middle eastern only increase racism and gives more power to terrorists .

Australia is not ready or trained for terror attack.

Australia is a walk in the park for it.

A huge number of so called security guards are Muslims from Pakistan or Bangladesh .

It only takes one or two to turn the other way to have bomb planted.

People in Australia should be worried, especially those living in mixed communities because government actions will cause more trouble to come and I would guess more violence between "Ozzie" and those who do not fit in to "Ozzie" description.

Are you going back to Ned Kelly here? can't think of any Aussie terrorists planing to behead anyone on the street, more of the usual it's not just them drivel

Ned Kelly was a common criminal, not a terrorist. If you wish to enlighten yourself do some Google research on non Muslim terrorist attacks in Australia e.g. Hilton Bombing

Ned Kelly was a common criminal, not a terrorist. If you wish to enlighten yourself do some Google research on non Muslim terrorist attacks in Australia e.g. Hilton Bombing

Hilton bombing was 1978, 36 years ago. Got anything more recent than that?

Edited by giddyup

Well done Australia ..... thumbsup.gif

Every country should be doing this. Stop the evil believers and the jihadists.

I seen one believer on Q&A TV last month and he was trying to explain to everyone that it was his right to go to Syria and join the ISIL. I hope he was raided & arrested ....

I said this twenty years ago .... ' just watch out , it will be muslim radicals against the rest of the world '

I say ... stop them all d ...d in there tracks now .. before they get too big. wai2.gif

• Like 1

I like that you shared the experience btw.

The content is a worry though. I saw the same thing with friends of mine back at Uni.

Having lived and worked in muslim countries for close on 3 decades I feel Oz needs to be aware of threats from radicalization.

I've seen how quickly young muslims go from your average youth to radicals in the space of weeks. I've worked in an area that most of the 9/11 group came from and possibly interacted with one of the pilots before he headed off on his mission.

All it takes is one radical preacher to almost hypnotise these youth to change their thinking and actions. The changes are dramatic. One group of early 20's muslim youth I worked with started going for their pre marriage religious studies. Within weeks their attitudes towards westerners and anything or anyone non muslim was hostile. These guys only a few weeks earlier would openly joke and laugh about alcohol, women and how they wanted to move to a country with more freedom.

It's scary how attitudes can change so quick. As they say it only takes one bad apple to spoil the rest. Thankfully there is also a majority who are happy with their lifestyles.

With due respect prior to countering, if you're that interested, do some research on Google yourself that references other non Muslim terrorist attacks. As I said very few, but have occurred and later than 1978.

EDIT: I mentioned Hilton bombing as it has the most easily accessible info

With due respect prior to countering, if you're that interested, do some research on Google yourself that references other non Muslim terrorist attacks. As I said very few, but have occurred and later than 1978

Russell Street, Melbourne 1986

• Like 2

where are the photos of these thousands then?

No doubt you find some reason to belittle / ridicule, however...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/food-and-fellowship-as-muslim-community-defies-the-extremists/story-fn59niix-1227058325822

Edited by simple1

With due respect prior to countering, if you're that interested, do some research on Google yourself that references other non Muslim terrorist attacks. As I said very few, but have occurred and later than 1978

Altogether six, the last being 1986, 28 years ago. That included the Russell Street bombing that I would discount as a terrorist attack, but a revenge attack on the police by low-life criminals. However, Australia didn't have much of a muslim population 30 years ago, so things might change.

Russell Street, Melbourne 1986

I don't accept Russel Street as a terrorist bombing, but payback to the police by criminal nobodies for previous arrests.

Terrorism is defined in the Code of Federal Regulations as “the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives” (28 C.F.R. Section 0.85).

Edited by giddyup