Health Cover with Pre Existing Conditions

jamie2009

I have Prostate Cancer, no treatment recommended, Close Surveillance every 3 months by the Consultant. I return to the UK every 3 months. I currently have Travel Insurance which covers me for this. T&C state I have to be resident for at least 6 months in the UK, when It comes up for renewal I won't meet this criteria. Is there any Medical Cover available for this ?I would always be going back to the UK for Check Ups, I am 63 years of age with no other ailments and on a Retirement Visa.

This is now in the "insurance in Thailand" forum, but are you asking about insurance in UK?

I have to be resident for at least 6 months in the UK,

In Thailand I doubt you could initiate new insurance coverage that easily at 63 and if pre-existing conditions, they wouldn't be covered for at least 6 months, if at all.

Edited by Suradit69

"I have Prostate Cancer, no treatment recommended, Close Surveillance every 3 months by the Consultant. I return to the UK every 3 months. I currently have Travel Insurance which covers me for this."

You have travel insurance that covers repeated regular repatriation for an existing condition? I'm surprised.

This is now in the "insurance in Thailand" forum, but are you asking about insurance in UK?

I have to be resident for at least 6 months in the UK,

In Thailand I doubt you could initiate new insurance coverage that easily at 63 and if pre-existing conditions, they wouldn't be covered for at least 6 months, if at all.

I have world wide insurance excluding USA and Canada which is valid for 90 day trips at a time. If I return to the UK I can go abroad for another 90 days. This insurance is valid for one year but you need to have been resident in the UK for six months prior to taking the policy out.

"I have Prostate Cancer, no treatment recommended, Close Surveillance every 3 months by the Consultant. I return to the UK every 3 months. I currently have Travel Insurance which covers me for this."

You have travel insurance that covers repeated regular repatriation for an existing condition? I'm surprised.

Yes, as long as you tell the company about any pre existing medical conditions and any treatment you are receiving if any. The more serious the higher the premium. Obviously there could be some pre existing conditions they won't cover.

Sorry Jamie but no company will offer you cover for your Prostate Cancer, However we would be able to offer you a policy that excludes your pre-existing conditon. Should this be of interest please go HERE

Thank you, I not looking for cover me for my condition. The reason I would want cover is more so for accidents. My BP, Cholesterol levels are all good so hopefully I would have no other health problems.

AIA have a insurance plan for foreigners up to 70 years old, no medical exam. If you are in Chiang Rai, I can give you the phone number of the AIA lady that tooks care of mine.

Sounds good but I think you would need to declare any pre existing medical conditions. Cover can always be available but at a price, depending on age.

Yes, as long as you tell the company about any pre existing medical conditions and any treatment you are receiving if any. The more serious the higher the premium. Obviously there could be some pre existing conditions they won't cover.

Sorry, makes no sense to me. I would not want to be a shareholder in an insurance company that will pay out for regular repatriation every 3 months for an existing condition, unless of course the yearly premium is many times the cost of a return flight, in which case why would you pay it in the first place?

Sorry, makes no sense to me. I would not want to be a shareholder in an insurance company that will pay out for regular repatriation every 3 months for an existing condition, unless of course the yearly premium is many times the cost of a return flight, in which case why would you pay it in the first place?

I pay for my own flights not the Insurance Company !

• 3 weeks later...

What's wrong with you?

This man has cancer and has asked for advice and all you can contribute is how outrageous it is that a company would pay for his flights back home (which they aren't)?

Most armchairs CEOs who speak for "the good of the shareholder" are the same people who don't have any publicly-traded shares or brokerage accounts.

What's wrong with you?

There's nothing much wrong with me, thanks (well, nothing that daily statins and vasodilators wont keep at bay).

This man has cancer and has asked for advice and all you can contribute is how outrageous it is that a company would pay for his flights back home (which they aren't)?

The OP asked for advice about health insurance cover, not about cancer. I commented that it seemed unlikely that travel insurance would cover the cost of repeated repatriations for existing conditions as he appeared to imply, and it seems like I was correct. I said nothing about anything being outrageous.

Most armchairs CEOs who speak for "the good of the shareholder" are the same people who don't have any publicly-traded shares or brokerage accounts.

I own about GBP400K in shares and I have one brokerage account. I am not a CEO though I was self-employed for many years until I retired at 50.