Floor Safe:

Rice_King

Were can I buy a small floor safe in Chiang Mai? I have already checked in HomePro without any luck.

Take a walk down Chiangmoi Road and you will find dozens of safe shops, stocking bank style safes down to small bedroom safes with electronic key pads. They have the lot.

I've met so many wealthy and successful expats since moving here, I KNEW there had to be a safe shop somewhere in this town.

###### brother, you must go to different bars from me, all I meet are whining teachers complaining about the heat.

*Smile

...almost all safes available here... will not deter a serious thief.

I pray I'm never visited by any "serious" type thief. I just hope to thwart the incompetent, amateur thief and possibly prevent "crimes of opportunity."

...almost all safes available here... will not deter a serious thief.

I pray I'm never visited by any "serious" type thief. I just hope to thwart the incompetent, amateur thief and possibly prevent "crimes of opportunity."

Amen :o to that

###### brother, you must go to different bars from me, all I meet are whining teachers complaining about the heat.

Or missionaries :D

I know it --- some of my not-so-bright "friends" sometimes manage to add together a sufficient number of letters to make out the word "ignorancy" ... I've learned to read that!!!

And that make's me wonder - what kind of thing is a "small floor safe"? ... I think I might have one avaiable, but - on the other hand - it might be of a higher quality, than OP can possibly afford?

And that make's me wonder - what kind of thing is a "small floor safe"? ... I think I might have one avaiable, but - on the other hand - it might be of a higher quality, than OP can possibly afford?

That's rather condescending Rishi! If it was made in Thailand.....It's affordable!

I bought one recently that weighs in at 450Kg and it was affordable. You seem to have acquired a real knack of offending people.

I bought one recently that weighs in at 450Kg and it was affordable.

Just out of curiosity please could you let us know what the approximate dimensions are (internal and external) as well as the cost?

Edited by SamSipEt

Just out of curiosity please could you let us know what the approximate dimensions are (internal and external) as well as the cost?

I'll PM you the details....

Thanks - gratefully receiviedd (can never sort out those eyes and ees and what order).

The thing about floorsafes is that you actually have to bolt them to the floor. :D

I had to explain this to a freind of mine who brought one and out 650,000 Baht in it and left it in his room. :D

To his astonishment when he returned just 15 minutes later the safe had dissappeared. :D

Only joking...he went out to get the bots to attatch it to the floor when he found it missing, he should have hid the cash somewhere else till he had finished the job :D

We live and learn :o

The thing about floorsafes is that you actually have to bolt them to the floor. :D

I had to explain this to a freind of mine who brought one and out 650,000 Baht in it and left it in his room. :D

To his astonishment when he returned just 15 minutes later the safe had dissappeared. :D

Only joking...he went out to get the bots to attatch it to the floor when he found it missing, he should have hid the cash somewhere else till he had finished the job :D

We live and learn :o

The only "floor safes" that I'm aware of are cemented in place, with the body of the safe being subterranean, and the top being flush with the floor. Any safe sitting on top of the floor is just a safe, isn't it?