Where To Buy Hi-fi In Bangkok ?

goodears

Where in bangkok is good place to check hi-fi equipment?where the prices are also low.

i want to pick up a dvd player and cd player. No brand preference for DVD but for a cd player marantz or some other similiar range brand.

Also are they any online shops in thailand?

Guys pls let me know.

Where in bangkok is good place to check hi-fi equipment?where the prices are also low.

i want to pick up a dvd player and cd player. No brand preference for DVD but for a cd player marantz or some other similiar range brand.

Guys pls let me know.

MBK. Saim Square..............or Emporium!!

Best place for Hi-Fi in Bangkok would be the Hi-Fi center across the street from Central World Plaza, white building inside a small soi, right next to Big C. If you are into Hi-Fi, then it is worth checking out. Several stores on 4 floors with equipment, like B&W, KEF, Wharfingdale, Bose, Boston, Dali, just to mention a few. Some stores also have High-end stuff, like Dynaudio speakers, well, if you want the high-end, it will of course cost accordingly.

May have Marantz too. Otherwise, then a lot of the Chinese stores in that same soi and close by, have all the Denon, JBL, etc, and some of them probably also have Marantz.

MaiTai

On the 5th floor of Pantip Plaza, yes,right at the very top of the building, there are 2 shops that sell extremely good stereo equipment that is reasonably priced. It is worth a trip there just to see some of the gear this guy has. It's called Mr Balance Co Ltd. 01 644 0543. He has everything,tube amps,CD players, speakers,you name it.

I bought some excellent speakers and stands there recently and am very happy with them. :o

Useful topic as i have been looking for some hi-fi stuff for some time now. Been looking in the usual places and in Fortune town but didnt know about the place around Big C.

I usually get told to go to Paragon or Emporium. Hopefuly i can get some decent equipment at a decent price now.

(1) Mr. Balance,

on the top floor of Pantip has a room crammed full to the ceiling with Hi end second hand gear.

(2) Fortune Mall,

Pra Ram9, MRT station, many second hand Hi Fi shops.

(3) KS World,

Suttisan MRT station, new and second hand Hi End shop.

(4) Hi Fi center behind Big-C, has new and some used equipment.

(5) Amarin Plaza,

a few shops in there, Watt Puppy, Krell.

(6) Sukhumvit 101/1.

forget the name but good selection Mid-Fi to Hi-Fi.

Paragon, Central, Emporium too.

• 1 year later...

Guys pls let me know.

avoid all of the above like the plague, unless of course you are happy to pay double the price you can pay elsewhere.

i would suggest you pay a visit to a shop called mahajak on sukhumvit soi 3.

go into soi 3 and walk down the sidewalk on your right hand side, walk past the grace hotel and head for pechaburi road, the shop is located just before you reach the bridge over the canal, just opposite the bumrungrad hospital, well worth a visit, and excellent prices.

Guys pls let me know.

avoid all of the above like the plague, unless of course you are happy to pay double the price you can pay elsewhere.

go into soi 3 and walk down the sidewalk on your right hand side, walk past the grace hotel and head for pechaburi road, the shop is located just before you reach the bridge over the canal, just opposite the bumrungrad hospital, well worth a visit, and excellent prices.

Good advice. Mahajak is one of the old line, legitimate distributors in Thailand. You will find people in here that really do know what they are talking about.

• 4 months later...

Guys pls let me know.

Good advice. Mahajak is one of the old line, legitimate distributors in Thailand. You will find people in here that really do know what they are talking about.

Last I knew they carried mostly stuff like Denon and JBL, have they gone more hi-end since?

On the 5th floor of Pantip Plaza, yes,right at the very top of the building, there are 2 shops that sell extremely good stereo equipment that is reasonably priced. It is worth a trip there just to see some of the gear this guy has. It's called Mr Balance Co Ltd. 01 644 0543. He has everything,tube amps,CD players, speakers,you name it.

I bought some excellent speakers and stands there recently and am very happy with them. :o

Yep, I bought some stuff from Mr B. He's a grumpy quite unhelpful Chinese bloke, his prices are pretty rigid and not especially low, but the choice of old and new award-winners and classics he has is amazing. Plus all are tested by enthusiasts and he has no problems repairing and guaranteeing them.

He trades loads to/from rich playdaddies and a 200,000 baht sale is small fry to him.

• 2 months later...
Yep, I bought some stuff from Mr B. He's a grumpy quite unhelpful Chinese bloke, his prices are pretty rigid and not especially low, but the choice of old and new award-winners and classics he has is amazing. Plus all are tested by enthusiasts and he has no problems repairing and guaranteeing them.

He trades loads to/from rich playdaddies and a 200,000 baht sale is small fry to him.

But he wants B5,000 from me after just playing with my two old Thorens turntables and declaring them fixed. They still have speed problems. I asked for one good working one, and got two tidied up units that aren't suitable for digitizing music (for a huge sum!).

Talk about an unmetered taxi ride down a dark alley! :o

If I'm just not familiar with Bangkok prices for "fixing" old audio gear, please let me know. It would have been cheaper to get the bad news in Boston.

• 5 months later...

Guys pls let me know.

Last I knew they carried mostly stuff like Denon and JBL, have they gone more hi-end since?

• 7 months later...

Just landed in Bangkok a few months.

I was wondering if there is any useful update of good places for hi-fi.

Have been to Pantip and thought that was interesting but largely old stuff. Some decent CD selection though. The guy, yes, was a bit rude, but tolerable.

Have been to Amarin. Nice place. Would go again. Limited selection even though quite a few shops there.

Have been to Paragon and thought that was easily the best place in terms of selection, service and comfort (some excellent sound rooms). Price in at least 1 large shop (Sonus Faber, ARC, McIntosh) very reasonable compared with HK and especially Australia.

Where else can I go? Looking for things like power cords, perhaps music server and SACDs.

Other places include Hi-Fi center near Big C opposite Central World (Isetan) and Seacon Square but selection also limited. If you already know what brand you're looking for it's easy to find Thai distributor through manufacturer website. DECO 2000 in Amarin is also a big distributor dealing in quite a few high end brands but they don't have a showroom and most of what they sell are in their auditioning room which can only be visited by appointment.

Edited by Nordlys

There is a high end CD shop in Central World, forget what floor, opposite Boomerang - side nearest BTS walkway.

Good selection of audiophile cd's at Fortune Town - 3 rd floor hotel side.

For power cords etc DECO 2000 in Amarin.

For home theater try Piyanas in Sukhumvit 101/1; 2 kms from Sukhumvit on your RH side. Also Bryston Arcam & Proac.

KS & Sons is the Sonus McIntosh dealer - in Paragon.

DECO 2000 moved it's shop selling AYRE & Totem from Discovery to Paragon. VTL Aerial AYRE.

KS World are the Adcom Wilson dealer in Amarin. Go look at that pair of Grand Slams he has.

I haver a good relationship with Pawdee at Mister Balance. Haggle with him. No price in there is fixed.

Edited by powderpuff