Why on earth do people from west come here to earn 30-45k to each English

Lukecan

I mean yeah, Thailand is great no doubt about that. But its far from being cheap.

Came to Thailand for vacation 4 times this year, and let me tell you that I spent more than what I spent on my France holiday which consisted of visiting Nice-Cannes-Monaco for a week.

And no I didn't pay for girls, got them for free since I'm 24 and ok looking biggrin.png Didn't frequent any go go bars, just went to places like levels,route 66 etc.

Fell in love with Bangkok, but to enjoy this city one must earn at least 100-150k IMHO

I was spending 3000 baht a day at least, which didn't include hotel expenses, and let me tell you, I wasn't doing anything lavish.

I understand if you're coming from Bangladesh or India, but people come from Uk, States to earn 1000usd a month lol

Hope this post doesn't get deleted, I'm not trolling by any means.

Edited by Lukecan
  • Like 1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These people go there to live and work and experience a life in another country. They don't go to party and drink and hook up with foreign scrubbers then brag about it.

Uhm yes they do, had a chat with few english teachers here, they kept bragging oh yeaaa girls are easy here, ohh yea its heaven. BTW I'm not bragging about it, anyone young faring can do it.

The girls were with you because you spent money, and they got a cut of everything you spent.

Girl takes you to a club, she gets a cut.

Girl get in a taxi with you, she gets a cut.

Girl negotiates in Thai to but something, she tells them to up the price, she gets a cut.

Girl takes you to a hotel/resort, she gets a cut.

Uhm no, most of them I met in the mall, had a coffee, took to my hotel room, and finished it.

Some even paid for their own dinner.

These were normal girls I met from tinder.

Wow big spender, 3K baht a day, glad you're good looking and can pull the chicks (or so you say). Glad you had a good time in LOS,with your 'just arrived know it all attitude'. I really don't think why what English teachers earn and why they do it is any of your business, but I dare say some will reply with an explanation.

I never said I'm good looking, just said ok looking.

its a vocation, their living the dream, their contributing to society...

or of the course it could be to do with the fact the hookers are cheaper than at home ?

but to enjoy this city one must earn at least 100-150k IMHO

oh dear...you do realise you have started the monthly TV battle between certain members of who can spend the least dont you, so expect long lists of detailed expenditures to prove you can live a good life in BKK on 7k/month, by eating leaves from the side of the road, and drinking rain water .and of course you will be told your wasting money and you are obviously an alcoholic, expat whore monger, if you spend that sort of money...thumbsup.gif

Finally someone who understands me, I love you, lol

or of the course it could be to do with the fact the hookers are cheaper than at home ?

oh dear...you do realise you have started the monthly TV battle between certain members of who can spend the least dont you, so expect long lists of detailed expenditures to prove you can live a good life in BKK on 7k/month, by eating leaves from the side of the road, and drinking rain water .and of course you will be told your wasting money and you are obviously an alcoholic, expat whore monger, if you spend that sort of money...thumbsup.gif

Are you a hot coyote dancer ?

The girls were with you because you spent money, and they got a cut of everything you spent.

Girl negotiates in Thai to but something, she tells them to up the price, she gets a cut.

Whiskey in club scam.

Girl sits alone at table with bottle of whiskey on the table.

You ask to join her, bottle added to your bill, but taken back behind bar.

She eats and drinks all evening at your expense, and the waiter slips her half the whiskey bottle money.

Doesn't even need to sleep with you.

You edited your post, I'll re answer you.

I dated normal girls, some even paid for their own dinner even though I insisted to pay for them.

Route 66 is a high end club, they don't allow bariglrls in that place, its where normal girls, and some hi-so girls go to.

Maximum I've spent in a bar is 1000 baht, lets say she got 500 baht cut, I don't think any good looking hooker would sleep with you for 500 baht.

These girls had full-time jobs, one of them was an auditor at big4

I dated normal girls, some even paid for their own dinner even though I insisted to pay for them.

Route 66 is a high end club, they don't allow bariglrls in that place, its where normal girls, and some hi-so girls go to.

If it's a high-end club, they wouldn't be letting white non-Thai speaking guys in.

500 bht is more than a days pay for an office girl with degree in BK.

Not to mention, telling you they have a job, and having that job, are not the same thing.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 2

Wow big spender, 3K baht a day, glad you're good looking and can pull the chicks (or so you say). Glad you had a good time in LOS,with your 'just arrived know it all attitude'. I really don't think why what English teachers earn and why they do it is any of your business, but I dare say some will reply with an explanation.

I'm not saying I know it all, I'm just certain you can't lead a decent western way standard of living here on 30-45k baht, decent 1 br condo starts from 20k baht

If people from Bangladesh,India,Pakistan etc come I can understand, but people from UK,USA it makes me LOL

Are you a hot coyote dancer ?

cheesy.gif

more importantly how much do you weigh, do you sweat a lot, do you like MK ? and the most important question... do you like Badgers

• Like 1

If it's a high-end club, they wouldn't be letting white non-Thai speaking guys in.

500 bht is more than a days pay for an office girl with degree in BK.

Lol You're funny

I don't know the going rate, but I doubt a long time session with a girl who's 7.5/10 on looks scale will cost 500 baht.

Whiskey in club scam.

Girl sits alone at table with bottle of whiskey on the table.

You ask to join her, bottle added to your bill, but taken back behind bar.

She eats and drinks all evening at your expense, and the waiter slips her half the whiskey bottle money.

Doesn't even need to sleep with you.

C'mon man don't be too straight with the boy- let him his illusions.he will find out by himself.

• Like 1

Route 66 is a high end club

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You have a lot to learn....

But back to your original question, the answer for some of us is because we have already made millions and no longer need to earn $$$ from a teaching (or any other) job. We do it because we want to.

I understand people like you with a decent passive income. But majority of the farangs aren't in this situation, only a few select are. Most are pensioners and English teachers.

Edited by Lukecan

rolleyes.gif Umm. A lot of people in the west earn that kind of money too. Minimum wage in my country(US) is about 40,000 baht a month. Of course that money does go further in Thailand. It's actually a middle class income in Thailand.

And what is this about you getting girls for free? Did you forget to pay them? facepalm.gif

• Like 2

Mirror mirror on the wall who is the most hansum 24 year old of them all.

But hold on..if you are such a handsome 24 year old who is smart enough to realise that France is cheaper then why have you blighted The fair shores of Thailand 4 times this year.

My suggestion is go to France and quit wasting your money here. I'm sure the girls will be devastated to see you go, for all of 10 seconds.

• Like 2

Mirror mirror on the wall who is the most hansum 24 year old of them all.

But hold on..if you are such a handsome 24 year old who is smart enough to realise that France is cheaper then why have you blighted The fair shores of Thailand 4 times this year.

My suggestion is go to France and quit wasting your money here. I'm sure the girls will be devastated to see you go, for all of 10 seconds.

Because In France I was with my parents, didn't get to enjoy the nightlife. I partied everyday in RCA while I was here. And I don't come here for girls, just partying. My best friend is from Thailand, he's a really connected guy here from a hi-so family, I've been chilling in his social circle from time to time, thats why Bangkok seems like such a heaven to me.

The people with illusions are those who think they can live well off here on 30-45k baht

Young farang, or even a thai not paying for love is a reality, not an illusion, 50-60 year old farangs with a beer belly can't relate to this.

You, sir, have a lot to learn. I lived in Thailand for years on 40-50,000 baht per month and I was hardly living a life of destitution. I had tons of money to spend, had a nice apartment, and had plenty of funds for nightlife. I would have certainly described my lifestyle as middle class. I suggest you actually come and live in Thailand before you make such statements.

The people with illusions are those who think they can live well off here on 30-45k baht

Young farang, or even a thai not paying for love is a reality, not an illusion, 50-60 year old farangs with a beer belly can't relate to this.

You, sir, have a lot to learn. I lived in Thailand for years on 40-50,000 baht per month and I was hardly living a life of destitution. I had tons of money to spend, had a nice apartment, and had plenty of funds for nightlife. I would have certainly described my lifestyle as middle class. I suggest you actually come and live in Thailand before you make such statements.

If 40-50k baht is enough to make it, why do foreign diplomats living in Thailand get paid at least 150k-200k baht? Some junior turk diplomat I met here said his government paid him 6000 usd a month, he was only 28, lol