Why on earth do people from west come here to earn 30-45k to each English

Lukecan

Route 66 is a high end club

cheesy.gif:cheesy:cheesy.gif:cheesy:cheesy.gif

You have a lot to learn....

But back to your original question, the answer for some of us is because we have already made millions and no longer need to earn $$$ from a teaching (or any other) job. We do it because we want to.

I understand people like you with a decent passive income. But majority of the farangs aren't in this situation, only a few select are. Most are pensioners and English teachers.

Everyone I associate with is fully funded for the rest of their life.

Some teach for free (to meet uni girls).

One guy age 62 was teaching English, married one of his CM uni students, aged 22, still together 10 years later, she's a lecturer at CM uni now, but fat as anything, he's 70+ and can hardly walk.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The girls were with you because you spent money, and they got a cut of everything you spent.

Girl takes you to a club, she gets a cut.

Girl get in a taxi with you, she gets a cut.

Girl negotiates in Thai to but something, she tells them to up the price, she gets a cut.

Girl takes you to a hotel/resort, she gets a cut.

Uhm no, most of them I met in the mall, had a coffee, took to my hotel room, and finished it.

Some even paid for their own dinner.

These were normal girls I met from tinder.

clap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifwai2.gif

Came to Thailand for vacation 4 times this year, and let me tell you that I spent more than what I spent on my France holiday which consisted of visiting Nice-Cannes-Monaco for a week.

With your mama and daddy, great. Ain't no hookers in Bangkok's hiso clubs anyways. cheesy.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

This guy has you all on the end of his hook haha

1,000 baht a night partying??? I doubt that's anything like the partying that really can be done.

I always feel us offshore mob have it best in Thailand. We don't earn in Thailand, we only work 6 months of the year

Eh OP is a troll but it brings me to a point. The low end of ESL teaching salaries has to go. I can't actually see how someone makes it on 30k a month (at least in Bangers). Fact is someone keeps taking em because i'll be damned now employers are trying to sell us on 25k salaries lol.

Shouldn't feed the troll. A 24 year old Muslim man, who'd been to France for a week and four times in Thailand?

Then starting a thread about guys teaching here? C'mon. His-so clubs, where a lot of hi so girls were up for a one night stand with the OP?

And then the steak part. Sometimes only at Mac Donald's.

Edited by lostinisaan

Are you sure those so called "high end girls" weren't ladyboys?

laugh.png

Anyway, I get where you're coming from. It's very difficult to live here, save for retirement, and be a teacher. 30-40k a month might go far in Thailand. How do you expect to save anything decent? When I taught in South Korea I was banking $1,200 a month. I got the free apartment, last month bonus for completion of contract, and airfare (to SK and back home) all paid. In Thailand, you get none of those bennies. True, the people are much nicer and the weather is better. The cold got to me in South Korea, and the people are unkind. I've been cursed at quite a few times, and the guys will bump you for now reason. It was still an enjoyable experience and i met some good people. Money talks though.

In America if I was teaching I'd have full benefits with a pension/401k. As I get older having money put away is very important. It's impossible to do in Thailand.

Shouldn't feed the troll. A 24 year old Muslim man, who'd been to France for a week and four times in Thailand?

Then starting a thread about guys teaching here? C'mon. His-so clubs, where a lot of hi so girls were up for a one night stand with the OP?

He's a muslim? If he is I doubt he was pulling top Thai girls out of clubs.

Don't they hate muslims? Now, if he was a young, tall european blonde with model looks than it would be a different story.

• Like 1

I have always wondered how many of those English language teachers would be qualified to do so in the UK or in the USA : it requires more than to be an English speaker to be a trained teacher.

How many? None, unless they were certified to teach. Unlike Thailand, China and South Korea education in the west is highly regulated. It's also unionized. You just can't open up a school and fill it with non-certified people.

• Like 1

"I'm muslim I don't eat pork"

Ah but living it up in "hi-so" nightclubs and having one night stands with non-hookers met in the mall. I hear a lot of Muslim men from the ME really have a good time in Thailand.

yeah I know its weird, I just get disgusted by pork, thats the only muslim rule I follow lol. BTW I'M not from ME, my dad is Turkish, mom is British.

He's a muslim? If he is I doubt he was pulling top Thai girls out of clubs.

Don't they hate muslims? Now, if he was a young, tall european blonde with model looks than it would be a different story.

I've told the girls I'm british, and I am since my mom is british, I have a UK passport. I have green eyes, and white skin, definitely look more european than most europeans lol.

This guy has you all on the end of his hook haha

1,000 baht a night partying??? I doubt that's anything like the partying that really can be done.

I always feel us offshore mob have it best in Thailand. We don't earn in Thailand, we only work 6 months of the year

You can feel me when I say 30-45k a month is nothing in thai. I don't drink too much so thats why I spend 1000 baht on alcohol tops.

My mate was opening a bottle of dom perignon every 2 nights, it costs 15k baht to open that stuff.

Edited by Lukecan

So the OP is claiming to spend at least 3k baht a day. I suppose that back in his home country at 24 he earns 60k USD a year. If someone spent 100+ dollars a day simple math shows that is at least 36k dollars a year. If a 24 year old spent that much after taxes he/ she would have to be earning 50-60k USD a year.

The OP doesn't seem to realize that living and vacationing are different lifestyles. But keep trolling.

ageist racist and elitist all in one. OP you make us so proud.

• Like 1

I can see many people have directed their hate towards me for telling the truth, I've always hated being politically correct, and never will be politically correct. Fact of the matter is thai girls are so tired of the old broke farangs that when they see a decent looking guy they take every opportunity to meet them. No they are not after money, these normal girls don't need your money, they're in office jobs paying at least 20k baht. And I repeat, you can't lead a decent lifestyle in Bangkok for 30-45k baht/pm, get out of your fantasy land. If 1 usd was 10 baht then you could, but 1 usd is 31baht, which makes 30k baht = 1k$

You can't lead a decent lifestyle with this kind of money anywhere.

Yeah If you can't earn a decent wage in the west sure Thailand is a great alternative, but most of the westerners I've met here are people who couldn't get decent jobs in their own country so they came to Thailand to teach by using the "white skin" factor. Thailand only attracts the elite west people as tourists, few if none come here to teach English.

Thailand is an amazing place to party, and if you've got a decent passive income stream above 4k$/month, then its a good place to live as well.

People said girls will hate me because I'm muslim, yeah I know about the amount of islamphobia going on, so I play by the book and don't tell them I'm a muslim : )))) No girl has asked my religion anyway, and I consider myself a non-practicing muslim, I don't even pray on Fridays.

People will hate, but who cares, I'll always speak the truth. Political correctness is the biggest disease of the 21st century.

Edited by Lukecan

So the OP is claiming to spend at least 3k baht a day. I suppose that back in his home country at 24 he earns 60k USD a year. If someone spent 100+ dollars a day simple math shows that is at least 36k dollars a year. If a 24 year old spent that much after taxes he/ she would have to be earning 50-60k USD a year.

The OP doesn't seem to realize that living and vacationing are different lifestyles. But keep trolling.

ageist racist and elitist all in one. OP you make us so proud.

Haha I love that term, never heard of it before, "ageist"

I'll be a old fart one day as well : ) But trust me I won't be in 3rd world countries going after young birds, I'll probably be staying home playing with my grandkids.

Well trust me as I have been here since I was in my 20's also, you are very ignorant to think that someone in his 40's is an old fart but go on prove your lack of life. You paint everyone with the same brush. I will put serious money down that my friend who is in his 60's could pull more birds in one night then you could in a week going to the same clubs. Age has nothing to do with anything. Charm personality and the ability to talk are more important than age. As looks are so subjective it doesn't really fit either.

I find it ironic that in one line you talk about how office girls earn 20k a month and they aren't looking for someone with money, but the next line you piss all over them and say that you cannot live a decent life with less than 5x 2what they earn.

"People will hate, but who cares, I'll always speak the truth."

this is funny because you are the one that is spreading hate. Your truth is actually your biased opinion. There is political correctness and then there is just being polite which you are neither.

I will agree that it is hard to build a life and a future on only 30-40k baht a month but for maintaining a life it isn't too bad. As for your blatant disregard for all professional teachers here and your major assumptions of who they are, please tell me in your infinite wisdom and experience how many provinces in Thailand have you gone to, how many schools did you visit and how many of the 100,000's of teachers here have you met to build such a strong an overwhelmingly negative "truth"?

These statements prove that you are just trolling. You actually have never taught, you don't know anything about education/educators here. You are just pissing on people who make a living here. This thread should be locked and you should be banned. You are the worst kind of troll because you claim that you aren't.

OP might be a troll but some of what he says is true and some is nonsense.

His stories about meeting girls on tinder then arranging a meet at the mall and later banging them are perfectly plausible.

It happens all the time for young guys in Thailand. I've never used tinder but have used other sites and apps.

I'd usually meet at a bar rather than a boring mall though.

Know dozens of guys under the age of 40 doing the same thing, day in day out. Easy.

Not being able to live in BKK on 40k a month though?

OP, you were on holiday. Of course you spent more.

You were out every night partying. When people live somewhere they don't go out every night partying.

You don't spend nearly as much when you live somewhere as when you holiday. You'd be over paying for everything too as a tourist.

Apartments cost a fraction of the price as paying nightly rates in a hotel do. I paid 8k a month for a central apartment in BKK within walking distance to the BTS with pool, gym, massage, restaurants on site.

I've lived in Bangkok and even when I was out multiple times a week, drinking, partying, dating, socializing etc I'd only spend between 30-40k a month. No hardship there.

And Thailand an amazing place to party?

Most clubs close at 2am in BKK and then you're left with a handful of after hour places 90% of which are sleazy hooker joints - many which are apparently no longer open due to the crackdown

Spicy, Climax, Mixx, Bossy, Spasso, Scratch Dog, Swing, Bash etc are all jam packed filled with hookers. Go to any club in Sukhumvit or other tourist area and the vast majority of girls in there are p4p. .

The few other after hour places like SafeHouse that are aimed at Thais aren't that much fun for most Westerners.

The vast majority of Thai clubs are Thai style sit down at a table with friends, chat, and drink whisky with no dance floor or space to walk around - I don't mind this but it's hardly party central.

Seems to me you probably spent all your time in various touristy orientated clubs and haven't been out to witness genuine Thai nightlife.

One guy age 62 was teaching English, married one of his CM uni students, aged 22, still together 10 years later, she's a lecturer at CM uni now, but fat as anything, he's 70+ and can hardly walk.

Why would a 22 year old Thai uni girl want to marry a 70 year old obese, unable to walk English teacher?

It just doesn't add up.

I'm not gonna feed the troll. Wisdom comes with age which god willing he will have one day. I think most of us expats have at one time or another enjoyed his lifestyle but we are now settled in a wonderful life and no longer enjoy the life of our twenties.

So live on my friend and someday you might be lucky enough to have our lifestyle. But I hope you will also wise up in the interim.

OP might be a troll but some of what he says is true and some is nonsense.

His stories about meeting girls on tinder then arranging a meet at the mall and later banging them are perfectly plausible.

It happens all the time for young guys in Thailand. I've never used tinder but have used other sites and apps.

I'd usually meet at a bar rather than a boring mall though.

Know dozens of guys under the age of 40 doing the same thing, day in day out. Easy.

Not being able to live in BKK on 40k a month though?

OP, you were on holiday. Of course you spent more.

You were out every night partying. When people live somewhere they don't go out every night partying.

You don't spend nearly as much when you live somewhere as when you holiday. You'd be over paying for everything too as a tourist.

Apartments cost a fraction of the price as paying nightly rates in a hotel do. I paid 8k a month for a central apartment in BKK within walking distance to the BTS with pool, gym, massage, restaurants on site.

I've lived in Bangkok and even when I was out multiple times a week, drinking, partying, dating, socializing etc I'd only spend between 30-40k a month. No hardship there.

And Thailand an amazing place to party?

Most clubs close at 2am in BKK and then you're left with a handful of after hour places 90% of which are sleazy hooker joints - many which are apparently no longer open due to the crackdown

Spicy, Climax, Mixx, Bossy, Spasso, Scratch Dog, Swing, Bash etc are all jam packed filled with hookers. Go to any club in Sukhumvit or other tourist area and the vast majority of girls in there are p4p. .

The few other after hour places like SafeHouse that are aimed at Thais aren't that much fun for most Westerners.

The vast majority of Thai clubs are Thai style sit down at a table with friends, chat, and drink whisky with no dance floor or space to walk around - I don't mind this but it's hardly party central.

Seems to me you probably spent all your time in various touristy orientated clubs and haven't been out to witness genuine Thai nightlife.

Why would a 22 year old Thai uni girl want to marry a 70 year old obese, unable to walk English teacher?

It just doesn't add up.

Even though you think I'm trolling I still thank you for this post. Most guys don't believe how easy tinder is in Thailand.

I've visited this beautiful country 4 times, the first time I came was before the military take over, and the clubs I went to never closed at 2. Party went on until 4-5

But after the coup, 2am, party finished.

I can't believe you said Scratch Dog is filled with hookers, I've went there once and I was like the only farang there, It was full of normal Thai girls who came with their friends. Climax is indeed filled with hookers, I was approached by a pro there, just by looking at the person I can understand if she is a hooker or a normal thai girl. Normal thai girls come with their friends, and you have to work hard for their attention. Its very easy to understand who's pro and who's a normal person. The clubs in RCA don't have pros I can assure you that just normal people wanting to have fun. Anyplace that a tuktuk wants to take you is a hooker club for sure. I was taken to shock39, at least half the girls there were pros, but I managed to meet a normal western girl there.

Regarding the costs, I don't wanna argue with this anymore cause its pointless, everyone has different expectations, I'm a lazy person ı can't cook if my life depended on it so meal costs will be much higher for me.

Who is trolling its up to you to decide, a person who thinks a 60 year old guy will have more success in normal club than a young farang, if people with this mindset think I'm trolling then so be it, I don't care.

Edited by Lukecan