Sisaket Australians and other Expats

Peter01

yes goanna yes he told me someone came the day we went to ubon, sorry i missed you as i had to go and pick up several customers who were arriving at ubon airport and were staying at our resort, not a problem look forward to catching up with you in october. and once again thanks for your custom the last time .

BTW, there's a cuty in my wife's village seeking a foreign husband. Can't post a photograph of her, as it would cause quite a few divorces.

Anybody interested having a Sott Nang Sao? This is not a joke.-.coffee1.gif

ahem, depending on what "Sott Nang Sao" means, I might be interested.. my Thai isn't up to par sadly but I am willing to learn.

I had been looking to live somewhere in Isaan, not interested AND cannot afford to build a house or anything as of yet (I am 31)

I talked to a few ladies that were listed as from Surin, Buriram and Sisaket.. sadly 90% of them were really in Pattaya or Bangkok.. and, nope!

My wife is approached monthly with requests from local ladies to find them a falang. Some are dogs some are definitely not; the the cute ones tend to get fixed as soon as they go online; some of the desperate ones head off to Pats never to be heard of again.

Perhaps I should start a sideline business!

• Like 1

My wife is approached monthly with requests from local ladies to find them a falang. Some are dogs some are definitely not; the the cute ones tend to get fixed as soon as they go online; some of the desperate ones head off to Pats never to be heard of again.

As an Agony Aunt? SS

As an Agony Aunt? SS

I'd join in, covering lower northeast. Let's think of a good name....LINDY Love Links....Ladies of Isaan Never Disappoint You....wub.png

Edited to add that I'd spit my coffee on my keyboard when reading it Please be aware that this name's already copy right protected!!!-facepalm.gif

Edited by lostinisaan
  • Like 1

Two of us visited the Cuckoo's Nest in Si Sa Ket for lunch yesterday and the food is excellent, I can thoroughly recommend the place. Unfortunately, Brian was not there but his charming partner Aew was a great host and a wonderful cook. Met up with an Aussie and his Thai wife on holiday from Adelaide and had the opportunity to catch up on some local news. We'll be back

Thanks for the kind words David. I'm glad you had an enjoyable visit to Cuckoo's Nest. I was playing Golf (Very Badly) when you were here. I hope to be here next time you visit.

Cheers, Brian & Aew

1 2 much.

Edited by lostinisaan

Cuckoos is good for tourists and the food was usually good when I frequented the place.

Just keep in mind what happens/said at Cuckoos does not stay at Cuckoos.

I take it then you have not been there for a while? Why only "...good for tourists..." and not locals? Perhaps you could elaborate on your rather cryptic last sentence.

Cuckoos is good for tourists and the food was usually good when I frequented the place.

Just keep in mind what happens/said at Cuckoos does not stay at Cuckoos.

I take it then you have not been there for a while? Why only "...good for tourists..." and not locals? Perhaps you could elaborate on your rather cryptic last sentence.

For me it was for personal reasons, I expect people not go spreading very personal secrets when they tell me its between you and me, then tell me about other peoples very personal secrets, that I really don't want or need to know, why I have not been there in 16 months, while living in SSK all the time and never will set my foot there again, other people have other reasons.

Nice place if passing through town, easy location and decent menu but the pretty much the same food except for the tex mex you can get other places in town.

Cuckoo's is a great spot for a drink or a bite. I frequent it often and enjoy the atmosphere and the food. Tends to be a mix of folks that frequent it which I like, some locals, some expats, some teachers, some tourists. The other spots mentioned are all good as well. Try them all and decide which one you like, they are all worth a visit. There are enough places that you will find one that suits your tastes, or just cycle through them so you don't get bored with only one hangout.

"Pizza 4 You", is also a nice spot to check out if you are near Kanthalalak, it is near the bus station, they have a proper pizza oven and good bread too.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Gidday Mate, I will be in Mueung Siskaret next month but i get no further than Phrung Ku unfortunately . Perhaps next time we can have a drink tho.

Hey xen - are you talking about Prang Ku (near Khu Khan). I spend a bit of time in that neck of the woods

Hi Peter, where abouts in australia you from? I'm from QLD. Which part of sisaket are you in?

My girl lives in khukhan and I visit 4 times per year. I either stay near her village or in sisaket town.

As said above, head down to Cuckoo's Nest and introduce yourself to Brian. There are always a few farangs there. Usually after 5pm

I will be back in Sisaket in January, I'll PM you when I have dates

I'm in Brisbane...but will be in Sisaket around 2-21 November...if you happen to be there around that time it'd be great to catch up..

Hi Peter, i havent been on here (TV) for a while. I'll be in sisaket on 16 December. Looks like our paths wont cross. But I'll be back around april so you might be settled then

hello to dreaming and goanna, not sure if i have met you guys over at my bar in phu sing yet, but if you are passing jamjuree bar please pop in and say hello, if you are not sure where it is then i can forward you details.

Hi Celtic. Can you give me some directions. Say from the traffic lights at khu khan. I'll be back over there in December

Dreaming, if you go towards Bangkok on highway 24 from Khukhan, after 2 or 3 k you turn left at ban nok yung. There are two big rice sheds at the turn off. Go a few k towards cambodia, and you will see the bar/ resort. It's a fairly bold blue, with signs in english. Good to relax with some other falang.

Hello Goanna and Dreaming.

Yes the directions goanna posted are spot on, look forward to catching up with goanna again in a few wks, and hope to catch up with dreaming in december for a beer or 2

cb

G'day SG. Great to catch up today and have a chat and a few laughs. All going well we'll see you on Cup day. D and L

Thanks Longdavid, i got your sms, sorry you could not make it and i hope all went ok in bkk for Lee.

Many thanks to everyone who came to the bar for our first Melbourne Cup Day,a good day was had by all.

I can't believe the horse " Who shot the barman" came through for me . Next year then Longdavid ok

cheers cb

• 4 years later...
On 9/21/2014 at 5:33 AM, dreaming said:

Hi Peter, where abouts in australia you from? I'm from QLD. Which part of sisaket are you in?

My girl lives in khukhan and I visit 4 times per year. I either stay near her village or in sisaket town.

As said above, head down to Cuckoo's Nest and introduce yourself to Brian. There are always a few farangs there. Usually after 5pm

G'day Dreaming, when will you next be in Sisaket, i am from the Sunshine Coast. My GF is from the Khukan area.

On 9/21/2014 at 2:52 PM, Goanna said:

Hi guys.I have a place near Phu Sing. About 30km south of Khukhan. I'm there every three weeks for one week. Not too far from you Dreaming. We do our shopping in Khukhan.

I need to catch up with you one day Goanna. My lady lives near Khukan (Lomsak village) hope to be back march-April 2020.

On 9/23/2014 at 2:31 PM, celtic bhoy said:

hello peter, iam from sydney lived there for over 30yrs . i now have a small resort and bar in phu sing called jamjuree bar so if you are ever in the area please drop in and say g'day mate. i can send you details of where we are if you wish, in the mean time welcome to the area.

Yee Haaa   another Aussie i will have to catch up with.

• 5 months later...
On 9/21/2014 at 8:33 AM, dreaming said:

I live on Samui, but preparing to move to Isaan to a village called  Lomsak which is just out of Khukan on the Sisaket road. I too am a Queenslander from Caboolture. I see that all these post are quite old, but am hoping to make contact with someone !

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Huckenfell said:

I live on Samui, but preparing to move to Isaan to a village called  Lomsak which is just out of Khukan on the Sisaket road. I too am a Queenslander from Caboolture. I see that all these post are quite old, but am hoping to make contact with someone !

A lot has changed in Sisaket as usual. New restaurants that aren't really new but worth to visit. 

Peter and wife with his "Hong Kong garden"m easy to find, there's a Facebook page, I think.

Leo is in the city, when you drive down Ubon road, turn right after Wat Si Luang, then go straight for about 2 km's and you'll see leo's on the left hand side.

A great place to have cheap and good food is the T-Bone steak and coffee, located right after the entrance road to the Somdet park. 

Plenty of new coffee shops, they usually open and close because there  way too many now.

Frank's Living in the Past has survived all the ups and downs of Sisaket and easy to find near the police station.

A nice and big pub on the way to Rajabhat university called Cafe de tree, owned by a French guy with cheap beer, food and some Thai music in the evening. 

On the right hand side when you're driving to Rajabhat, you can't miss it. 

If you need any information about Sisaket, please feel free to post some questions here.