Updated info on Consulates issuing multi-entry Non-Immigrant B or M

My single-entry M visa is about to expire so I need to extend it or replace it with a multi-entry non-immigrant B or M. I have a work permit valid until December but my work will continue until February.

Very few Consulates will give multi-entry non-immigrant M visas anymore, since the crackdown I believe, so I need to know if anyone has had recent success getting a multi-entry M or should I have my company get me a multi-entry non-immigrant B? Is it possible to switch from one to the other? Or will I be restricted to a non-entry M becasue my work permit is for a media company? I should mention that I am looking for a fairly nearby location. I know I can go to New York, LA or Berlin but am hoping for Vientiane, Penang, Hong Kong, somewhere within an hour or 2 of Bangkok by air.

Spent 4 hours at the immigration office in bamngkok yesterday and learned nothing.

Hoping one of you nice folks has a recent success story to share.

Thank you.

The only nearby location that will do a multiple entry non-b is Penang and you need at least 9 months remaining on you work permit. They might do a non-m with the correct paper work. You should contact them to see if they will do it and what their requirements.

Why can't you get a one year extension at immigration with documents supplied by the Ministry of Foreign affairs? It should be fairly easy. See: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/contents/images/text_editor/files/Guidanceforforeignpress.pdf