Southern police chief: Enough evidence in British tourists' murder case to make arrest now

webfact

Southern police chief says there is enough evidence in British tourists' murder case to make arrest now

9-23-2014-12-08-01-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The southern police chief said at noon Tuesday that the police now have gained enough evidence to make arrest of more than one murderers in the murder of the two British tourists in Koh Tao.

Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen, commissioner of the Eighth Region Police Command, said the police have now detained all the suspects for questioning, and now have gained evidences of who are the murderer or murderers.

There is more than one, he said, and expressed confidence they will be arrested and charged within this week, he added.

Meanwhile Royal Thai Police acting commissioner dismissed news report that the two British tourists might be killed by local mafias after having heated argument with them.

If there are mafias, the police should have informed and local people might have told the police about it, said Pol Gee Somyos Phumphanmuang on Tuesday on the update of the murders.

He said local people gave good cooperation to give information, adding the report was not true.

The acting national police chief now said there was progress in the investigation, and more central forensic police were sent to Koh Tao to help examine and collect evidence.

He said earlier investigation did not make headway as the cooperation and coordination among authorities were not much with only the investigation police doing their work and no meeting with each other.

But now he said that they will sit down together to discuss and to work in the same direction.

He also disclosed that the two suspects who are speed boat employees have been cleared after DNA testing did not match those found at the scene and in the body of one British victims.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/southern-police-chief-says-enough-evidence-british-tourists-murder-case-make-arrest-now/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-09-23

• Like 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 or 3 patsies found then , no doubt hand picked by the owners etc

All this been rushed up due to 1 person spilling the beans, Sean McAnne, who in my opinion is telling the truth and is found out to be lying as at least got the casemoving

Patsies with matching DNA? They are going to fake those results too?

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

and expressed confidence they will be arrested and charged within this week, he added.

Why not today??

Wouldn't want them to get the wind up and abscond.

I wondered that, if they are so cock sure what's holding up the arrest.

• Like 2

yes i believe they will

i wouldnt trust them at all

2 or 3 patsies found then , no doubt hand picked by the owners etc

All this been rushed up due to 1 person spilling the beans, Sean McAnne, who in my opinion is telling the truth and is found out to be lying as at least got the casemoving

Patsies with matching DNA? They are going to fake those results too?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

and expressed confidence they will be arrested and charged within this week, he added.

Why not today??

Wouldn't want them to get the wind up and abscond.

I wondered that, if they are so cock sure what's holding up the arrest.

They have got to wait for the owners to fetch the patsies to give DNA

Bingo , perfect match lol

• Like 1

There is more than one, he said, and expressed confidence they will be arrested and charged within this week, he added

one hopes this is not hollow promise that will come back to haunt them again, like a few other statements that have been made surrounding this case

may be he wants his 15 min fame, so have to wait and see

Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen, commissioner of the Eighth Region Police Command, said the police have now detained all the suspects for questioning, and now have gained evidences of who are the murderer or murderers.

There is more than one, he said, and expressed confidence they will be arrested and charged within this week, he added.

Two mutually exclusive statements.

Well done!

Thailand is the land of oxymorons. smile.png

Or the hub....

I have been following this with great interest for the last week , is anyone able to confirm that the man on the left of SM 's 7/11 picture

is the same man seen hanging around with the police at the crime scene on day one ?

And , is there any truth in the statement that two men in SM's 7/11 picture refused to be DNA tested .