Southern police chief: Enough evidence in British tourists' murder case to make arrest now

webfact

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He is the brother of a village headman in Koh Tao.

He also said another suspect is also a son of that village headman. But he has already to Bangkok.

Wow...impressed !!! Not what I was expecting at all

Really?

This is exactly what I suspected.

Koh Tao is a lawless place where influential people can pretty much do as they please with impunity, and have done for a long time.

If the police had not focussed only on foreigners and Burmese fisherman because they said that there was no way a Thai could be responsible, they may have solved this a week go.

Local people must have spoken up, and if these guys did in fact do it, I am glad the police caught them...although one wonders without the glare of the International media, would they have solved it...before the next "crime du jour" captured everyones attention.

Next stage is the punishment as the world watches...death penalty reduced to life in prison for the confession?

I wasn't surprised at who's got pulled...I will admit I was expecting a frame up

• Like 1

He is the brother of a village headman in Koh Tao.

He also said another suspect is also a son of that village headman. But he has already to Bangkok.

Wow...impressed !!! Not what I was expecting at all

Really?

This is exactly what I suspected.

Koh Tao is a lawless place where influential people can pretty much do as they please with impunity, and have done for a long time.

If the police had not focussed only on foreigners and Burmese fisherman because they said that there was no way a Thai could be responsible, they may have solved this a week go.

Local people must have spoken up, and if these guys did in fact do it, I am glad the police caught them...although one wonders without the glare of the International media, would they have solved it...before the next "crime du jour" captured everyones attention.

Next stage is the punishment as the world watches...death penalty reduced to life in prison for the confession?

The surprise is the arrests, not who did it.

The police probably did knew who did it days ago have been buying time by throwing up scapegoats and other smoke and mirrors in the hope of finding a way out for the son and brother of the influential figure.

Finally someone even more influential realised the damage this was doing to Thailand (thanks to international media) and said 'enough is enough'.

Maybe.

Certainly the way these guys work.

I just hope it was them, and I hope they catch the second guy before he makes it to Cambodia...

• Like 2

The village headman is also the owner of a bar there, he can keep his bar open all night long why because he's the village chief.

Which bar!? Is it AC or the other one ( cannot remember the name now sorry) which was mentioned as being owned/run by the man in those Sean Mcanna photos?

"Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen, commissioner of the Eighth Region Police Command, said the police have now detained all the suspects for questioning, and now have gained evidences of who are the murderer or murderers.

There is more than one, he said, and expressed confidence they will be arrested and charged within this week, he added."

A total contradiction in that statement then. Sad to say, but really don't have a lot of faith in this clown show, it looks like it's been a fit up right from the start.

I honestly thank you very much for your post. I was already thinking this is no country for old men because I had a problem to understand the Thai logic in this:

…police have now detained all the suspects

…and expressed confidence they will be arrested and charged within this week

• Like 1

Would be very interesting to see if one or both of those arrested are the same as in Sean's photo graphs. Not to mention the one on the left who was on the beach at the crime scene talking to the police. whistling.gif

Yes I think Sean was key in breaking this tragic event wide open. With no thanks from the bib / rtp. He is one very lucky person to still be living and breathing...

I'm just wondering if the locals would turn in the mafia for fear of repercussions.

Yes they might if it came to that. They might also take to vigilantism, (which already happened on Koh Tao more than 20 years ago, when they killed the one and only cop (at the time)... bashed him with a 2x4 with nails in it).....just sayin' .