Last picture of British backpackers murdered on Koh Tao island

webfact

Last picture of British backpackers murdered on Thai island
By Tom Phillips, Bangkok

lp.jpg
Hannah Witheridge (left) and David Miller (second right)

Exclusive: A final picture of Hannah Witheridge and David Miller taken just hours before they were brutally murdered on Koh Tao emerges as the police close in on key suspects

BANGKOK: -- The last known photograph of the two British backpackers who were murdered in Thailand emerged on Tuesday as police said they had made a breakthrough in the case.

Within hours of the photograph being taken on the Thai island of Koh Tao, 23-year-old Hannah Witheridge, who sits on the far left of the picture holding a cocktail, and 24-year-old David Miller, who is second from right in a blue T-shirt, were murdered by an as yet unidentified gang of at least three “attackers”.

Police now believe that two weapons were used to bludgeon the Britons to death on Koh Tao’s main beach in the early hours of Sept 15.
Officers have questioned the brother of a local politician and are seeking the son of another. They said they expected to have a result within 48 hours after taking DNA samples.

The photograph, provided to The Telegraph by someone they met briefly that evening, was taken at 9.45pm on the night before the murder. It shows Miss Witheridge and Mr Miller at a popular sports pub called Choppers.

Full story: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/11117396/Last-picture-of-British-backpackers-murdered-on-Thai-island.html

-- The Telegraph 2014-09-24

• Like 2

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice looking guy and lovely girl to have their lives end in this way is so sad. May they rest in peace. It has bothered me all week thinking about this and how something like this can so easily happen in Thailand. I have seen things get out of control so quickly here and normally end badly. RIP sad.png

This sort of thing doesn't just happen in Thailand...You need to be careful here just like anywhere else in the world. ...

• Like 2

There are five other people at the table. I don't remember reading any statements they gave regarding what happened in the hours before the murders. Did the police interview them or do they just go around collecting DNA?

• Like 2

Does it matter if they were good looking or not ?Would it be less tragic if they were not ? ...why does nearly everyone comment on their supposed looks ?

it is simply a way to exress empathy.

why you have a problem with this seems self evident to me....

Not self-evident to me... please explain. The loss of any innocent life is tragic. Whether the victims were good-looking or not is utterly irrelevant.

Edited by Docno
  • Like 2

The one at the back looks like Chris Ware, the man police arrested saying he was Miller's homosexual lover who murdered the couple in a fit of jealousy.

No mention of them checking the others. I did see a clip of the police trying a match a bunch of Burmese room maids' feet to a pair of footprints in the sand. They were standing in front of the camera looking like concentration camp inmates with signs in Thai round their necks saying "May May - Burmesese". No sign of any potential Thai murderesses being subjected to the same degrading treatment. I wouldn't be surprised if police tried to match the Burmese maids' DNA with the semen found inside Heather Witheridge's body.

my God. Where did you see that clip?

Nice looking guy and lovely girl to have their lives end in this way is so sad. May they rest in peace. It has bothered me all week thinking about this and how something like this can so easily happen in Thailand. I have seen things get out of control so quickly here and normally end badly. RIP sad.png

This sort of thing doesn't just happen in Thailand...You need to be careful here just like anywhere else in the world. ...

It sure can happen anywhere in the world, but Thailand is considered one of the more dangerous holiday destinations.

May they rest in peace, and let the world see some justification in this case.

• Like 1