Suspected killer of British Koh Tao backpackers 'in Bangkok'

webfact

Suspected Killer of British Backpackers 'in Bangkok'
By Khosod English

BANGKOK — The prime suspect behind the brutal killing of two British backpackers on a resort island in southern Thailand is currently hiding in the capital city, police say.

Warot, 22, reportedly fled Koh Tao shortly after David Miller, 24, and Hannah Witheridge, 23, were found beaten to death on one of the island's beaches there last week.

Police say Mr. Warot is currently the primary suspect, as DNA test results have cleared all other potential suspects previously detained by police.

Police reportedly collected DNA samples from more than 100 residents on the island, many of them Burmese migrant workers, in an effort to find a match with the DNA traces found on Ms. Witheridge's body and a cigarette near the crime scene.

The police hunt for Mr. Warot, who is the son of a influential figure on the island, came amid reports that the stalling police investigation may be related to the influence of “powerful families” on the island.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1411548167

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-09-24

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All we can await now is publication of photographs of the prime suspect Mr Warot regardless of what kind of sea trash he is related to on the island.Someone must have a photo of him, let's see it.

Agreed RC, must be pictures around of this piece of cowardly shit.

• Like 2

All we can await now is publication of photographs of the prime suspect Mr Warot regardless of what kind of sea trash he is related to on the island.Someone must have a photo of him, let's see it.

google search on his name reveals only one link...the khaosod article....could be carrying a difference surname I guess, or the first name is misspelled.

we can only hope they have done dna tests on his other male family members to get the proof needed, it also seems that the police were stalling the investigation under orders from these influential people, lets hope this does not mean that the killer will walk free due to family influence as we so often see here in Thailand.

I was thinking this morning back to Dale Henry's murder in Ranong. The murderer was tight with the police, and was known to have done "jobs" for them. The victims families need to get a good lawyer. The Canadian embassy were not the most helpful in Dale's case, so don't expect too much from the UK one.

Good point Mosha. I remember that case. Awful it was the pressure was kept on. Sadly the tosssers at Brit Embassy wont do anything

• Like 2

I just accidently connected to a link of the most horrific photos I have ever seen. Have stopped throwing up now! Words defy me. Mr Toad, Costas and I usually enjoy a bit of fun on TV, but not now!

If the case were say, in the UK, and the action happened on The Isle of Guernsey in the Channel Islands, I am sure there would be many people who knew the names of the heavy hitters on that island the same as everyone knows who runs East London's gangs. This is a rock in the Gulf of Thailand, don't tell me nobody knows who these families are, what their names are and who has photos, they've been running that place for years. Now the shit has hit the fan big time, and it's going to take an almighty clean up..

Edited by ratcatcher
  • Like 2

we can only hope they have done dna tests on his other male family members to get the proof needed, it also seems that the police were stalling the investigation under orders from these influential people, lets hope this does not mean that the killer will walk free due to family influence as we so often see here in Thailand.

I was thinking this morning back to Dale Henry's murder in Ranong. The murderer was tight with the police, and was known to have done "jobs" for them. The victims families need to get a good lawyer. The Canadian embassy were not the most helpful in Dale's case, so don't expect too much from the UK one.

Good point Mosha. I remember that case. Awful it was the pressure was kept on. Sadly the tosssers at Brit Embassy wont do anything

Imagine how I felt when he turned up at the front door handing over an invitation from his Mia Noi. Who's son was doing his monk thing. He was on bale awaiting sentencing.

I just accidently connected to a link of the most horrific photos I have ever seen. Have stopped throwing up now! Words defy me. Mr Toad, Costas and I usually enjoy a bit of fun on TV, but not now!

I saw the pics last week. I have seen some pretty horrid stuff over the years through work. I would recommend to anyone not to look at those pics. Believe me when i say, they are awful. RIP

• Like 2

The wife of a Canadian man shot to death in Thailand, her lover and a hit man have been sentenced to life in prison. Dale Henry, 48, was shot in the head while sleeping in his own bed at his home in Ranong province, Thailand on Feb. 3, 2008.

Edited by waza
  • Like 2

So the spokesperson for the lynch-mob has convicted him already??bah.gif

• Like 1

So is it now only down to one suspect because soon after this crime was committed, the consensus on this forum seemed to be that there would have been at least two people involved?

I think three men involved for sure and all in the same family.... Two doing the raping and killing of the young lady and the third killing the young man.

• Like 1

I sure hope that they haven't cleared all other potential suspects previously detained by police.

If Warot is main suspect, there is very good reasons for considering some of Warot's relatives suspects as well. Just because they have't matched the DNA detained from semen, doesn't really clear them from murder or any other involvement with the incident.

Also, how long did it take to get results from the DNA samples taken from those 2 bar owners? What about the AC bar manager (uncle), he isn't prime suspect anymore either?

Saying that they would be cleared but still have Warot as main suspect seem strange to me.

• Like 1

Yet another news article showing me the same thing that all 200 previous articles pertaining to this subject have shown. No arrest.

In fact if I was the murderer I would avidly read Thai media to see if they were getting any closer to me. The pervious government was not transparent when they should have been, but serious crime investigations are transparent when they should not be. Go figure.

Stop these news articles until they have an arrests for goodness sake.

Edited by djjamie

Yet another news article showing me the same thing that all 200 previous articles pertaining to this subject have shown. No arrest.

In fact if I was the murderer I would avidly read Thai media to see if they were getting any closer to me. The pervious government was not transparent when they should have been, but serious crime investigations are transparent when they should not be. Go figure.

Stop these news articles until they have an arrests for goodness sake.

Do not stop these articles, keep the pressure on. I doubt the suspect can read English and is not watching TV, but is likely using a smart phone.

Deputy police chief follows up investigation British tourists' murder
By Digital Content

14115510725737.jpg

SURAT THANI, Sept 24 -- Pol Gen Aek Angsananont, deputy commissioner of the Royal Thai Police, went to Ko Tao today, 10 days after the murder of two British tourists there.

Arriving on the island, he met concerned detectives, looked for flaws in the investigation and inspected locations related to the murder.

Yesterday, the Royal Thai Police deployed a police team to deal with local 'influential persons' and gunmen.

It also sent central forensic officers and detectives to assist local investigators.

Pol Gen Somyot Poompanmoung, another Royal Thai Police deputy commissioner, said the government attached importance to the case and was trying to nail culprits as soon as possible.

Wiboon Sanguanpong, Permanent Secretary for Interior, ordered provincial authorities to boost security measures in tourist destinations and communities.

"All provinces will immediately intensify measures, deploy sufficient security forces in their areas, increase surveillance in tourist areas, operate checkpoints, check suspicious persons, and install sufficient lighting at danger-prone locations and surveillance cameras," Mr Wiboon said. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-09-24

Suspected Killer of British Backpackers 'in Bangkok'

So they put misinformation right in the headline. Best way to push the propaganda so that they only have to arrest one Thai for it.

Maybe its just that one patsie is cheaper than two, i find it strange that although they claimed to have found dna/ semen from two people they only seem to be interested in one.

have i missed something?

Edited by tingtongfarang
  • Like 1

SURAT THANI, Sept 24 -- Pol Gen Aek Angsananont, deputy commissioner of the Royal Thai Police, went to Ko Tao today, 10 days after the murder of two British tourists there.

Arriving on the island, he met concerned detectives, looked for flaws in the investigation and inspected locations related to the murder.

Yesterday, the Royal Thai Police deployed a police team to deal with local 'influential persons' and gunmen.

-------------------------------------

So he popped down to see concerned detectives, mistakes, and a murder scene that has seen 10 high tides, and during the rainy season. Then he ordered police team to "make deals" with local 'influential persons' aka mafia, and gunmen, aka hitmen.

Sounds like he is the right man for the right job. Knew exactly where to go looking. I bet he gets a raise.

• Like 1