Koh Tao headman offers Bt1m cash if evidence proves his family implicated in the tourist murder

webfact

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who is conducting the DNA tests exactly? A solitary police lab technician? How can we be sure that if the police say there isn't a match that this is really the case?

If the person(s) providing/publishing the results has been corrupted, we'll never see the real perps brought to justice.

It's almost as if the police rounded up this guy's family in a response to public pressure just so they could say they didn't do it.

"Sorry Mr. headman, we have to pretend we are investigating you thoroughly because everyone is watching. Don't worry though, we'll say the DNA doesn't match and then it'll be over and you can get on with your lives."

And that is probably very close to the truth. It takes a lot of force to overcome bad habits and the Thai police have a lot of bad habits. Of course that Thai tradition of never asking WHY which is brainwashed into every Thai is a serious problem. If the head and son is all so squeaky bloody clean why has he not been found by police or popped along to the police station for a quick mouth swab? Why wait a week when he knows he is wanted for questioning? I ask this because the obvious answer is that he is waiting for something - either for things to be 'arranged' Yonygouth (the mud earring Ferrari policeman killer) style, actually the politicians murdering son who popped off to Cambodia while witnesses were 'interviewed' is a better example, or he is stupid, or he is positioning himself to run. There are no answers that lead to his behaviour convincing one of his innocence in the whole thing.

Now either Thais are the most stupid race on the planet or they actually know this but accept these bull stories for some Unfathomable reason or they have just become so numb to all the injustice and feel so helpless to do anything about it, that they would rather just turn a blind eye. I am not sure if it is the second or third reason but I am sure it is not the first.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

What is 'Unfathomable'? It's all about money.

Remember the proverb: "Thais are the nicest people money can buy".

webfact, on 16 Sept 2014 - 08:55, said:snapback.png

CRIME

Koh Tao 'sealed off' after two tourists brutally killed

THE NATION, AFP

630x317x30243363-01_big.jpg.pagespeed.ic

Gruesome murders of British pair on island paradise shock locals and visitors

BANGKOK: -- POLICE have sealed off the resort island of Koh Tao off Surat Thani province to hunt down killers who brutally murdered a British couple and possibly raped the woman on Sunday night. The 24-year-old victims have been identified as Hannah Witheridge and David Miller.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa....itish-tourists/

this person in the black t shirt looks the same person put on the facebook pages and another newspaper we cant quote . this is dated 16 sept 14

Is this villiage headman with the gloves on at the crime also ?

Hard to tell with the grainy imagery, look at the hairline though, the contour of it and shape.

post-216306-0-70343000-1411624005_thumb.

'As a local village headman in Koh Tao announced to give one million baht cash reward to police if they have substantial evidence to implicate him and his family in the murder of the two British tourists,'

Erm, might want to think about that a little more.......or at least have a family meeting first.

Yep waving a Million in the face of the BIB and saying it's all yours if you can fit me up for the crime. They are probably falling over each other at the moment. So has been charged yet?

• Like 1

Public bribery? This must be lost in translation, because if HE is implicated in the murder, the state of Thailand should get a whole lot more then 1 million baht from him. For one thing his freedom, and I'm sure his fortune could buy a few gadgets for the military too.

"He also said as the DNA testing revealed later the DNA samples in the female victim’s body belonged to Asian men,

forcing his employee to be reluctant to give further information to the police..." wai2.gifwai.gif

Forcing? blink.png

No one in authority is going to question that statement?

I hate to say it, but my feeling is that the longer this drags out, the less likely "justice" will be served. So many fish swimming in that small pond that you can't see the bottom of it. To the heartbreak of the family of the dead kids, and the outrage of the various communities, unless something drastic happens, the real killer(s) will never be found.

The only way this would be straightened out is if Payuth himself took troops in, blocked off the island, and had certified lab experts from OUTSIDE of Thailand do DNA testing on every male on the island. And we know that's not going to happen.

I feel sorry for the parents.

• Like 1

Is that his brother reaching for a gun to the right of him?

I wondered that too, but I think the object going forward from his hand is too long to be the top of a gun. I think he has his thumb hooked in his belt.

x.jpg

Thought he was playing pool???

looks like someone playing Pool to me !

I wondered that too, but I think the object going forward from his hand is too long to be the top of a gun. I think he has his thumb hooked in his belt.

x.jpg

Hunt for killers of British tourists in Koh Tao continues

SURAT THANI, 25 September 2014 (NNT) - Police are still on the hunt for the murder suspects responsible for killing two British tourists in Koh Tao. Meanwhile, a former village headman has pleaded for justice after his family has been accused of being involved in the case.

Worraphan Toowichien, a former village headman and owner of the AC Bar in Surat Thani province’s holiday island of Koh Phangan gave a rather emotional interview to the press. He insisted that he and his family were innocent, as his 22 year-old son who is enrolled at a university in Bangkok has been accused as one of the prime suspects in the murder case.

The younger brother of Mr. Worraphan, Montree Toowichien, the owner of Intouch Pub, has also denied all the allegations made against him. Mr. Montree said that he was not the man captured in the CCTV camera footage. He also said that his DNA did not match the one found on the body of Ms. Hannah Witheridge, the slain female tourist.

Deputy Royal Police chief Pol. Gen. Ake Angsananont also attended a meeting with relevant agencies and instructed officials to give detailed police reports and gather more circumstantial evidence in order to solve the murder case.

Meanwhile, Provincial Police Region 8 superintendent Pol. Lieu. Gen. Panya Mamen believes that there were three suspects involved in the case. No DNA tests from the 160 suspects matched the one found on Ms. Witheridge’s body.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-09-25 footer_n.gif

x.jpg

Thought he was playing pool???

Could be, but no matter how I adjust the controls in Photoshop, I can't get a hint of anything like a pool cue or anything else crossing in front of that shirt. It seems to be more like a belt disappearing under the shirt.

It does look like his grip could be on a pool cue, but the cue won't show up. I think he has his thumb hooked into his belt, which someone might do if he was waiting for his turn? He could be holding a cue in his other hand, out of the picture.

If there was anything straight like a pool cue crossing in front of that shirt, we could pull out a hint of it, I believe.

this person in the black t shirt looks the same person put on the facebook pages and another newspaper we cant quote . this is dated 16 sept 14

Is this villiage headman with the gloves on at the crime also ?

"this person in the black t shirt looks the same person put on the facebook pages and another newspaper we cant quote"

Bangkok Post also printed the picture.