Four men sought for vicious Phuket attack on Chinese tourist

webfact

Back in Roman times if a soldier stepped out of line every 10th man in his unit would get whipped almost to death. Because of this a Roman soldier never turned his back on the enemy, doing so would be certain death from his own men. I know this is extreme but it has always been my belief that the only real solution to most of today's problems is by making the offending criminals immediate circle equally responsible for their actions. I believe in punishing parents for the actions of their offspring. I also believe that the tour operator these men worked for should get a 6 month closure ban. You piss the people off around them and the wrath will surely follow. I do not believe in state sponsored justice worldwide anymore, it does not work. I remember the whole class getting kept behind after school because of one disruptive pupil during a lesson. He never disrupted the class again after this and it was not the teachers who saw to that.

Wow.... I've seen a lot of people here inspired by medieval punishments, but now we're looking back to the punishments of the ancient Roman legions for inspiration. Impressive. I guess Islamic State is not the aberration I thought it was...

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who thinks that looks more like a paintball hit than blood ? Someone's been photoshopping that image.

Poor guy though. Again, it can happen anywhere but seems to happen here far too frequently nowadays. At least he's still alive.

• Like 1

Back in Roman times if a soldier stepped out of line every 10th man in his unit would get whipped almost to death. Because of this a Roman soldier never turned his back on the enemy, doing so would be certain death from his own men. I know this is extreme but it has always been my belief that the only real solution to most of today's problems is by making the offending criminals immediate circle equally responsible for their actions. I believe in punishing parents for the actions of their offspring. I also believe that the tour operator these men worked for should get a 6 month closure ban. You piss the people off around them and the wrath will surely follow. I do not believe in state sponsored justice worldwide anymore, it does not work. I remember the whole class getting kept behind after school because of one disruptive pupil during a lesson. He never disrupted the class again after this and it was not the teachers who saw to that.

Wow.... I've seen a lot of people here inspired by medieval punishments, but now we're looking back to the punishments of the ancient Roman legions for inspiration. Impressive. I guess Islamic State is not the aberration I thought it was...

How would the Taliban handle the thugs that beat this poor tourist?

I'd pay to see it.

Am I the only one who thinks that looks more like a paintball hit than blood ? Someone's been photoshopping that image.

Poor guy though. Again, it can happen anywhere but seems to happen here far too frequently nowadays. At least he's still alive.

Agree about the image. I can see no wounds and the "blood" looks too bright to be real. But perhaps it's been photoshopped a bit, you know how thais like to tidy up photos i.e. remove pimples, wounds, scars, lighten the skin, and make the colours pop! :)

Kidding aside, the story is most likely true (no reason to make it up + they have witnesses) and I feel sorry for the victim of this horrible act of violence.

I was waiting for the train to arrive at the station.......train stopped and the railway station filled up with new arrivals and tuk tuk drivers.

One of the new arrivals asked me the way to the border with Laos.....on walking distance i replied.......and was nearly molested by a tuk tuk driver accusing me of robbing him from a 200 bath opportunity.

and all i did was merely being polite, something the local tuk tuk drivers never heard off.

TIT

Nong Kwai?

I think every tourist comeing to Thailand now and in the future have to be armed while he walk, go to beach, rent a scooter, sit in the front yard of a house!!!!!!!!!!

Pooor Thailand! And what happens to the criminals! Nothing much, a vey small fine and that convince them to keep CRIMINALS on going!

The reputation of Thailand is already ruined and visitors felt save for many yeas but this time is defenetly over.

Thai people have no culture to solve problems by talking and negotiating! And they not realise that often they are not qualified for many of jobs they take or want to take!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If this is true it is terrible.

Having said that the blood looks fake to me.

It is too bright red to be real.

Also if he was hit with iron bars on the head he would not be standing.

I call this a staged event until I see the xrays.

Surely they'd be mass swelling as well if he'd been battered by iron bars, and the blood like you say seems far too red to be real.

Welcome to Thailand, Mr Guo. I do hope you haven't suffered any permanent injury. And a hearty congratulations to your attackers for providing the perfect reason for not employing them.

And let's hope that a Chinese government backlash will finally wake the Thai government and its tourism authorities up. There is an escalating problem here – and it's not just a farang one.

"...police have been able to identify them as a group of Phuket tour guides who have previously attacked Chinese nationals; they are apparently well known in Chinese tourism industry circles."

"...they will track down and arrest the four “in the hope of restoring the [island’s] tourism image."

Says it all.

Why would anyone want to holiday in Phuket??? I think it's time for all tourists to cut Phuket from their itinerary, only then will the crooks take note.

• Like 1

"...police have been able to identify them as a group of Phuket tour guides who have previously attacked Chinese nationals; they are apparently well known in Chinese tourism industry circles."

"...they will track down and arrest the four “in the hope of restoring the [island’s] tourism image."

Says it all.

Why would anyone want to holiday in Phuket??? I think it's time for all tourists to cut Phuket from their itinerary, only then will the crooks take note.

Well, if you do not look Chinese, you might be ok here...

A case of mistaken identity so common gang get out the iron bars and beat some innocent guy half to death he looks like a tour guide a hefty 500 baht fine is what these thugs need, what is it with the Thai mentality shoot stab beat with iron bars then think after the deed is done I blame the parents for not teaching their children self-control a simple wright from wrong is all that is needed.

It's nowhere near as simple as that. Parents all over the world have the same problem. However, in Thai/Lao culture, they recognise a 'black sheep' but he/she is still family. They accept that some are good and some are bad. It's thammada.

Welcome to Thailand, Mr Guo. I do hope you haven't suffered any permanent injury. And a hearty congratulations to your attackers for providing the perfect reason for not employing them.

Jings, those Thais are getting braver, only four attackers? there's usually at least six to one.

Four on one.

Premeditated.

Random.

Unprovoked.

Beat and kick with full intent to maim and kill.

How do you know it was unprovoked? I don't know anything about this Chinese man, but I do know what Chinese are like.

It doesn't matter, there is no excuse for odds of four to one even if any of the four did not have weapons.

Jings, those Thais are getting braver, only four attackers? there's usually at least six to one.

Two of the gang members are currently vacationing on Ko Tao.

• Like 1

“Four men arrived on three motorcycles and ganged up on Mr Guo while he was sitting in the front yard."

Cowards. It's never one on one. wai2.gif wai.gif

"Police believe the four mistook their victim for an illegal tour guide and attacked him because of frustration at the illegal competition for work."

Oh, Ok then...

"...so that tourists can appreciate Thai culture and will want to return."

cheesy.gif cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

OK in my book that's mistaken identity so not quite accidental death but something akin to it so what can we possibly charge them with.500bt and 6 months suspended sentence. CASE CLOSED