Four men sought for vicious Phuket attack on Chinese tourist

webfact

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Thailand, Mr Guo. I do hope you haven't suffered any permanent injury. And a hearty congratulations to your attackers for providing the perfect reason for not employing them.

talk about your adventure in China when you are home again...same as British from Kho Tao..... Be lucky you got the better end...!

So the police can identify the four because they have done this before. Evidence that jail sentences are not part of the punishment. I always laugh bout the 500 baht fine but now am beginning to believe.

Good luck fellow, hope you regain your health and get back to baseline. Go home and tell EVERYONE about this incident.

Back in Roman times if a soldier stepped out of line every 10th man in his unit would get whipped almost to death. Because of this a Roman soldier never turned his back on the enemy, doing so would be certain death from his own men. I know this is extreme but it has always been my belief that the only real solution to most of today's problems is by making the offending criminals immediate circle equally responsible for their actions. I believe in punishing parents for the actions of their offspring. I also believe that the tour operator these men worked for should get a 6 month closure ban. You piss the people off around them and the wrath will surely follow. I do not believe in state sponsored justice worldwide anymore, it does not work. I remember the whole class getting kept behind after school because of one disruptive pupil during a lesson. He never disrupted the class again after this and it was not the teachers who saw to that.

So, if you are in a bar drinking with a few friends and a friend of a friend gets drunk and causes trouble and starts a fight. You believe that you should be arrested and face any legal action as a result of this persons actions. ?

Quite clear you do not understand!

You should correct your friend of a friend, and not only you but the guests over there.

And if you don't bear the consequences.

No way you should bear any responsibility for a mere acquaintance. What next, should you be arrested if the table next to yours in the bar stiffs the bill, you're responsible?

"“Many people who were exercising in the yard saw the attack and yelled at them to stop but they continued to hit Mr Guo until he was covered in blood." How many? Where I come from you don't just yell at these MFers. You put a stop to it one way or the other. Unless it happened to be an old ladies aerobics class.....

I'm a permanent resident in Thailand and just love the place and its people. However, I've never been to Phuket and everything that has happened in the last few weeks convinces me not to go any time soon. Maybe I will change my mind if they can do something about the apparent rampant crime and make it safe for me and my family.

Four on one.

Premeditated.

Random.

Unprovoked.

Beat and kick with full intent to maim and kill.

How do you know it was unprovoked? I don't know anything about this Chinese man, but I do know what Chinese are like.

Come on now, we don't want to let the facts get in the way of some more Thai bashing!

Wonder how the Thai apologists will spin this one.

I doubt the Thai apologists will try to spin it at all.

Violence is violence, no excuses.

But there's also no need to take a few random acts like this and say hateful, racist things about all Thai people like the Thai bashers do constantly..

Most major tourist destinations around the world have scams and ripoffs and attacks on tourists.

Add the seedier aspect of Thailand's nightlife and party till you drop reputation, it's going to attract even more negative

things.

• Like 1

Four on one.

Premeditated.

Random.

Unprovoked.

How do you know it was unprovoked? I don't know anything about this Chinese man, but I do know what Chinese are like.

Come on now, we don't want to let the facts get in the way of some more Thai bashing!

Who are you trying to impress? Stupid comment

“Four men arrived on three motorcycles and ganged up on Mr Guo while he was sitting in the front yard."

Cowards. It's never one on one. wai2.gif wai.gif

"Police believe the four mistook their victim for an illegal tour guide and attacked him because of frustration at the illegal competition for work."

Oh, Ok then...

"...so that tourists can appreciate Thai culture and will want to return."

cheesy.gif cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Please be so kind to tell me what the gain would be, in an attack, to be doing this on a one to one basis

Surely you must understand being in a four to one position would be much healthier for the attacker?

In an attack like this nothing to do with cowardice, does it?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

And don't call me Shirley...

Four on one.

Premeditated.

Random.

Unprovoked.

Who are you trying to impress? Stupid comment

Not trying to impress anyone. Just sick of silly speculation and generalisations.

The Chinese tourists are quite disgusting though, I have to agree with the Thais on that one. Spitting in the streets, never queuing, playing loud music in their hotel rooms late into the night and smoking everywhere.... disgusting!

Sounds quite thai-like to me, except that spitting should be changed to nose-picking!

• Like 1

The Chinese tourists are quite disgusting though, I have to agree with the Thais on that one. Spitting in the streets, never queuing, playing loud music in their hotel rooms late into the night and smoking everywhere.... disgusting!

Sounds quite thai-like to me, except that spitting should be changed to nose-picking!

or better yet, pimple popping while looking into your motorcycle mirror!

Edited by Smurkster
  • Like 1

Back in Roman times if a soldier stepped out of line every 10th man in his unit would get whipped almost to death. Because of this a Roman soldier never turned his back on the enemy, doing so would be certain death from his own men. I know this is extreme but it has always been my belief that the only real solution to most of today's problems is by making the offending criminals immediate circle equally responsible for their actions. I believe in punishing parents for the actions of their offspring. I also believe that the tour operator these men worked for should get a 6 month closure ban. You piss the people off around them and the wrath will surely follow. I do not believe in state sponsored justice worldwide anymore, it does not work. I remember the whole class getting kept behind after school because of one disruptive pupil during a lesson. He never disrupted the class again after this and it was not the teachers who saw to that.

Please do not have children.

You are so right, I think we should beat them over the head with iron bars -

Hope the Chinese government strongly protest and demands for proper action against those thugs and I hope an example is set as for punishment- given to such criminals.

Panda why the police not releasing the footage of the video clip ? Saving a face? What if was the other way round ? Of it would be the Headline of every news room and electronic media.

For those of you who discuss the colour of the blood you may want to refresh your knowlegde of arteries and veins.... blood is bright red when its hemoglobin is oxygenated..maybe time some of you guys refreshed your first aid course smile.png

Also those asking questions regarding swelling, need to consider the time it takes for swelling to appear. The report says the photos were taken immediately after the attack. If you look closely at the picture, a lot of the blood seems to travel from the back of his head and around his neck before it runs down his shirt. That would be in line with 4 pieces of scum hit a guy from behind or whilst on the ground covering his face and front of his head in a defensive pose.

Seen it when I've worked security and gutless scum go for the multiple attack method....total cowards and oxygen thieves

What else is to be expected when the police doesn't do much to those attaching the foreigners. If the government want to restore the tourist trust to this country they should come with drastic changes in their policy. For example long prison sentence of up to 5 to 10 years for those attaching foreign national for no reason.

Four on one.

Premeditated.

Random.

Unprovoked.

That's exactly what this story is about: Thai bashing. Four Thais bashing the $hit out of a defenseless tourist...

Troll much?

Please do not have children.

Spare the rod and spoil the child - it worked for me and all those who came before and after.

I'm with you Equalizer and the same principal applies equally to fixing the RTP as well.