Four men sought for vicious Phuket attack on Chinese tourist

webfact

Brits, Chinese and Russians should call for a one year tourist embargo for all of Thailand. Would teach some Thais a lesson.

I think it will happen organically (can't believe I just used that term) as more of these incidents occur... although, not sure about the Russians...

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brits, Chinese and Russians should call for a one year tourist embargo for all of Thailand. Would teach some Thais a lesson.

Why do Thais need to be taught a lesson?

because clearly it isn't registering that committing acts like these are both uncivilised an do nothing but make their country look like a S***hole to the rest of world...I'd say a tourist embargo from every country!

Wonder how the Thai apologists will spin this one.

eh ? What is a 'thai apologist' ? Someone who doesn't feel the need to racially abuse them every day ?

Violence happens everywhere, all over the world - you would need to be certifiably insane to go out in some areas after dark in London or New York so whats your point ?

TV mods - the daily racist undertones are getting ridiculous - its about time you stepped up and followed your own rules !!!

Although I whole-heatedly agree the racist undertones have really surfaced since the KT beach killings, I think it is a very naive and over-simplification to suggest this violence happens everywhere. Please do show me the headlines of this random violence of 4 on 1 against a tourist in other nations' headlines. (Not the Thai newspaper that cant be named).

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/feb/06/spanish-tourists-acapulco-raped-gunpoint

These shit statements are becoming ALL TO COMMON albeit here or wherever.....

The mayor of Acapulco, Luis Walton, was later forced to apologise after he said the attack was "regrettable" because it would damage the city's image, but it "could have happened anywhere".

Admittedly, this happened elsewhere but Thailand to me personally seems to set have the pace of late being the forerunner to beat the shit out of farangs to steal money through any means of intimidation. No use me being slated by any Thai apologists. Since, you too, of late have been kicked off your perch and no longer being a recognised virtual highly experienced force to be reckoned with here on TV.

The poster asked to see a link to other countries suffering from the same issue of tourists being the victims of violence. I Gave one about Mexico which is very dangerous for foreigners. What is shit about that?

Kicked off what perch?

Seems the chinese tourists have good reasons to avoid Thai tour guides in general. Not only are they not very good at chinese (according to the chinese tourists), but apparently they are violent too.

Anyway, I hope this reaches mainstream news in China, and that China decides to boycot all Thai tour guides - or at least warn their citizens.

• Like 1

Seems the chinese tourists have good reasons to avoid Thai tour guides in general. Not only are they not very good at chinese (according to the chinese tourists), but apparently they are violent too.

Anyway, I hope this reaches mainstream news in China, and that China decides to boycot all Thai tour guides - or at least warn their citizens.

or go somewhere else

because clearly it isn't registering that committing acts like these are both uncivilised an do nothing but make their country look like a S***hole to the rest of world...I'd say a tourist embargo from every country!

So you really think that the Thai people think that committing acts of violence is civilised and you really believe that nothing is being done? I suggest you get a grip on reality and stop posting provocative, distasteful nonsense.

Edited by brewsterbudgen

So, 8 pages of comments and no one has yet brought up what seem's like a major point (correct me if I'm wrong I skimmed most pages): the reason these illegal tour guides exist is because the Thai ones are not acceptable for a (large?) number of Tourists; both Chinese language problems and lack of education re the history are factors. So this fellow is "Illegal" in the same sense that an English teacher on a tourist visa is "illegal." It appears he's providing a similar amount of expertise as a native English speaker who has actually studied his language and/or the pedagogy of teaching it.

So the approach of these Thai guides to the problem of offering an unacceptable level of tour-guiding to Chinese tourists, which gap is filled by some Chinese, is to go out and based on looks attack a Chinese guy with iron bars--who isn't even one of the "bad" guys! Except he's "illegal." Is every other occupation practiced by foreign (semi-) experts at risk of similar responses to the competition and.they offer?

You need to read it more thoroughly--this guy just got off the plane and had just arrived at his brothers residence, and his brother is an unlicensed guide. It is possible this victim was going to become a guide but there is no suggestion of that in any of the report.

And _you_ completely misread what I wrote. You need to read my comment more….comprehendingly. It's not about this one guy, whether it was him or his brother that was the guide.

So you really think that the Thai people think that committing acts of violence is civilised and you really believe that nothing is being done? I suggest you get a grip on reality and stop posting provocative, distasteful nonsense.

Because clearly enough isn't being done and we are hearing the same BS rhetoric day after day after day...as for me saying Thais as a people in general condone such acts, where did I ever say that? I do however believe that Thailand as a whole should be taught a lesson that the world will not stand by idly and let this kind of crap happen without any repercussions...if the service/tourist industry as a tanks because of the actions of a few barbaric individuals , I say that is the price that the country will pay for their higher ups complacency in such matters...the original OP said "some Thais" never including the group as a whole.....there needs to be some sort of consequence for these murders and if it monetarily affects a few innocents so be it...

Edited by Smurkster

Because clearly enough isn't being done and we are hearing the same BS rhetoric day after day after day...as for me saying Thais as a people in general condone such acts, where did I ever say that? I do however believe that Thailand as a whole should be taught a lesson that the world will not stand by idly and let this kind of crap happen without any repercussions...if the service/tourist industry as a tanks because of the actions of a few barbaric individuals , I say that is the price that the country will pay for their higher ups complacency in such matters...the original OP said "some Thais" never including the group as a whole.....there needs to be some sort of consequence for these murders and if it monetarily affects a few innocents so be it...

Well this thread is not about murders, it's about a Chinese tourist being beaten up. No one (of any nationality) is condoning this sort of attack, but as it can and does happen all over the world, especially in tourist destinations that attract party crowds and young people. Not remotely a Thai problem.

Well this thread is not about murders, it's about a Chinese tourist being beaten up. No one (of any nationality) is condoning this sort of attack, but as it can and does happen all over the world, especially in tourist destinations that attract party crowds and young people. Not remotely a Thai problem.

No one or nothing ever suggested it was "remotely a Thai Problem"

Why do threads like this always follow the same routine, with many people commenting about how bad Thailand is and the Thais are.

Do you live here, if so, why?

They are called opinions. People with brain cells tend to have them. You'll catch on.

Nice try, but no. Not opinions, just thoughtless, baseless sprouting of nonsense.

Either you don't live here or are v wet behind the ears.

Lived here for 10 years, long enough to know many Thai people and not to make silly, sweeping generalisations.

No one or nothing ever suggested it was "remotely a Thai Problem"

Read the thread and you'll see differently.

• Like 1

Why do threads like this always follow the same routine, with many people commenting about how bad Thailand is and the Thais are.

Do you live here, if so, why?

They are called opinions. People with brain cells tend to have them. You'll catch on.

Nice try, but no. Not opinions, just thoughtless, baseless sprouting of nonsense.

And that goes for what you post as well...

• 2 weeks later...

Won't display the picture of the "Thai" attackers, but if they were falang their picture would be paraded for all and sundry to see.

Exactly. When it was suspected that the murderers in the Koh Tao case were farangs, their pictures were plastered all over the press. During the brief moment when a Thai was a suspect, no pictures. Then when suspicion shifted to Burmese suspects, once again their pictures were all over the press. Coincidence?