Welcome Back 'land Of Peace And Love'

the swagman

Ladies and gentlemen. It is safe to come back to Kanchanaburi.

You may have noticed a sharp drop in the new stories surrounding this wonderful part of the country, that's because we like it this way.

The people of Kan are quiet and laid back and try not to attract too much adverse publicity. This is good.

The recent news reports of shootings and general bad manners has upset and caused some pain to most of the residents of this city. Unfortunately and lets not get carried away, but there are some elements of the area, as indeed there are in all parts of Thailand, that are unemployed, uneducated and uncause trouble. These are in the minority.

Whatever anyone says about the ineptitude of the local constabulary, their presence has been noted and the streets are generally quieter for that.

Come and relax in the forests, enjoy the waterfalls, and touch the elephants in Kanchanaburi.

Welcome back the 'Land of Peace and Love'

Y'can all come back now you hear.

The people of Kan are quiet and laid back and try not to attract too much adverse publicity. This is good.

The recent news reports of shootings and general bad manners has upset and caused some pain to most of the residents of this city. Unfortunately and lets not get carried away, but there are some elements of the area, as indeed there are in all parts of Thailand, that are unemployed, uneducated and uncause trouble. These are in the minority.

Very good point. :o

I regularly holiday in Kanchanburi and have never had any problems. I will not be deterred from returning again sometime soon.

Personally, I find that this is the best time of year to go... as the major waterfalls are at their most spectacular best... especially the Erawan falls and of course the Huai Mae Khamin falls.

Have a look at this website for more good information on what to see and do in Kanch.

:D

:D

medium.jpg

Nice one “the swagman”, :D

Kan has been quite busy for most of this so called “Low Season”, with the Non Thai tourists traveling through this great province. I see many more families visiting Kan BTW. :o

For people who are not able to visit this province I have posted links to my photos of Kan in the “ Images Of Central Thailand” at the top of the opening page of this forum. :D

Enjoy Kan as I enjoy living here at week-ends and “Welcome to (the) Land of Peace and Love”. :D

Yours truly, :D

Kan Win :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Absolutely!

If anyone is thinking of coming to Kanchanaburi, Kan Win will buy you all a beer!!!

Four coach loads coming tomorrow :D:D:D

macb

Stocked up and ready to go :D

Yours truly, :o

Kan Win :D

P.S. macb now lets try and get the quotes tink right :D

Edited by Kan Win