Renew multiple "o" visa

My multiple 1-year "o" will expire on 23-04-03. This visa was obtained in Abu-Dhabi, i am admitted until 07-06-03. Because of the problems in the middle east not sure when i will be going back. Is it possable to get a one year extention in thailand and how long will this take. My company calls me at short notice so it is a problem if i have to send my passport to bangkok. Do you know of any immigration office up country that can make this visa in one day. I live in ubonratchathani any info on a border crossing around there if i have to do a visa run. If i am still in thailand at 07-06-03 will they only give me a 30 day tourist visa when i cross the border.

Thanks in advance

In your other thread you say you are married to a Thai.  You can extend your current visa per that thread inside Thailand but it is not done in a day, more likely 45-60 days for someone upcountry.  You also have the option to go to a Consulate outside Thailand and obtain another multi-entry visa prior to 07-06-03.  And you could just cross the border for a 30 day stay (that's all you get without a Consulate visa).

Immigration Offices.

Phibun Mangsahan, Amphoe Phibun Mungsahan,

Ubon Rachathani 34110

Tele-(662)045 441 108

Khong Chiarn

Amphoe Khong Chiarn,

Ubon Rachathani 34220

Tele-(662)045 351-084

Have not used the offices above myself try telephone first.

Hope this helps. Morgan.  :o

please can you explain the following. if applying for a extention visa and you are over 50 you must opt for a retirement visa or is another type available i am 47 and hold uk passport. all being well i will still be traveling out of thailand to work after i reach 50. as i am self employed travel dates is never known. threfor i require to go in and out thailand at unknown dates.

thanks in advance

please can you explain the following. if applying for a extention visa and you are over 50 you must opt for a retirement visa or is another type available i am 47 and hold uk passport. all being well i will still be traveling out of thailand to work after i reach 50. as i am self employed travel dates is never known. threfor i require to go in and out thailand at unknown dates.

thanks in advance

At age 47 you have option 1 and 2 (married but not working in Thailand).  After age 50 you have 1. 2 or 3.  All allow exit/entry but 2/3 require re-entry permit be obtained (you can obtain multi entry permit at the same time you receive visa extension and it will cover all trips until the next extension).

1.  Single or multi entry non-immigrant visa (marriage basis).  Marriage certificate required.

2.  Yearly extension of (1) if you have 250k in bank and convince review panel you will bring this into country each year for support.  Believe if you have 800k in bank review is not required.

3.  Retirement visa with 800k in bank.

after reaching the age of 50, and funds was available for any of the visa options. with your experience which option would you go for, please give details why this would be your pick. or please indicate the advantages  and disadvantages of the three types available. thanks for the clear answer  on my previous question.

You can apply now for the married visa....less money required than the retirement visa. Take her with you and get the application done before the visa expires...or cross the border before expiry and get another 90 days...you'll need about 250,000 Baht in a bank in Thailand at the time of application. Get a letter from your bank evidencing the account and the balance.

The retirement visa at 50yrs requires 800,000 Baht in a Thai bank

The marriage is less money requirement in a Thai bank so that could be an advantage, especially if you might need to use some of 800k and not have enough the next year to get the retirement visa.  The retirement could cover you if you plan to have new wives in the future - would not have to start over again. :o Or if you plan to live your life here even if your wife should pass away.  The marriage allows you to work if you want.  The retirement does not AFAIK.  The marriage has less paperwork involved (your wife does most of it).  Depending on the wind direction the marriage might be better if you want to apply for resident status after 3 years (but don't know how that wind is blowing at this time).