Wheel Interchangability

bangsaenguy

I take it you are referring to wheel rims? And referring to rims from a Ford Ranger? To a Toyota Hi Lux? Which year...... Both are 6 patterned bolts x139.7

Here's a web site which should give some useful info, on max tyre and wheel rim sizes for both vehicles and many others

www.wheel-size.com

I take it you are referring to wheel rims? And referring to rims from a Ford Ranger? To a Toyota Hi Lux? Which year...... Both are 6 patterned bolts x139.7

Here's a web site which should give some useful info, on max tyre and wheel rim sizes for both vehicles and many others

www.wheel-size.com

...that serves the US domestic market where there are old Rangers and no Hi Lux's.

www.wheel-size.com

...that serves the US domestic market where there are old Rangers and no Hi Lux's.

www.wheel-size.com/size/toyota/hilux/

Shows up to 2012

www.wheel-size.com/size/ford/ranger/

Shows up to 2014

They are there, but was unaware that the information, only serves US domestic market

www.wheel-size.com

www.wheel-size.com/size/toyota/hilux/

Shows up to 2012

www.wheel-size.com/size/ford/ranger/

Shows up to 2014

They are there, but was unaware that the information, only serves US domestic market

And I stand corrected there Dave. Good find!
  • Like 1

Ford truck rims bolt pattern as said if the same as a Toyota truck OK, contact rim faces are the same, nothing unsafe.

From Dave's excellent website, the larger Ranger rims are the same bolt-pattern as the Hi Lux but the offset may not be the same.

Rims for Ford Ranger

Bolt pattern 6x139.7

Diameter: 15'' - 17'';

Width (inches): 7 - 7.5;

Offset (mm): 10 - 15.

Rims for Toyota Hilux

Bolt pattern 6x139.7

Diameter: 15'' - 18'';

Width (inches): 6 - 9;

Offset (mm): 4 - 45.

Ford truck rims bolt pattern as said if the same as a Toyota truck OK, contact rim faces are the same, nothing unsafe.

From Dave's excellent website, the larger Ranger rims are the same bolt-pattern as the Hi Lux but the offset may not be the same.

Rims for Ford Ranger

Bolt pattern 6x139.7

Diameter: 15'' - 17'';

Width (inches): 7 - 7.5;

Offset (mm): 10 - 15.

Rims for Toyota Hilux

Bolt pattern 6x139.7

Diameter: 15'' - 18'';

Width (inches): 6 - 9;

Offset (mm): 4 - 45.

I said if the same as, I was mainly referring to the rear of rim contact surface. smile.png

Thanks. I will check the site. Wheels are from a new Ford. Want to use on a 7 yo Vigo

If I were you, if you can go along and see if they can physically fit.

I am in Qatar. Will keep the wheels and try when I get back. Guy at the shop says they won't fit but it appears he may be wrong

Wheels...where to start

Rims:

1) The bolt pattern must match (they do) 6X139.7, they will physically slide on the hubs

(exception to this is the stud or nut type, some hubs have holes, some have lugs)

2) The offset is way off according to the data above

3) Load rating for the weight of your car

Tyres:

1) Again load rating

2) overall circumference of the tyre as you don't want it to rub on the body when turning

It is possible to jack out the offset by the use of spacers, but they will be unhealthy for your wheels, axle and hubs, you may also need longer studs or bolts.

Just because they will 'go' on your car doesn't mean they should be put on for safety reasons check it out. I have seen more than a few completely strip their mags by not doing their homework.

Oz

Wheels...where to start

Rims:

1) The bolt pattern must match (they do) 6X139.7, they will physically slide on the hubs

(exception to this is the stud or nut type, some hubs have holes, some have lugs)

2) The offset is way off according to the data above

3) Load rating for the weight of your car

Tyres:

1) Again load rating

2) overall circumference of the tyre as you don't want it to rub on the body when turning

It is possible to jack out the offset by the use of spacers, but they will be unhealthy for your wheels, axle and hubs, you may also need longer studs or bolts.

Just because they will 'go' on your car doesn't mean they should be put on for safety reasons check it out. I have seen more than a few completely strip their mags by not doing their homework.

Oz

Sounds like sound advice. Thanks