Man offers Russian ride to Phuket hotel, then assaults her

Lite Beer

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that this is shocking but i still can't understand why she left with someone who offered to take her home. And when she saw that she was not taken to her hotel why did she not scream out and make a massive fuss??

• Like 2

i had a thai guy tell me this is his country and he can do what ever he wants, so they get caught, admit they did wrong and get off lightly for being good little honest dudes.

Yeh that makes sense

Obivously, that guy never messed with the Zohan. That he only does once. Even in Thailand. w00t.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I cannot believe someone would think or do something like that...this guy is an Animal.....

I can't believe that you are unaware of how prevalent violent rape is in Thailand.

Good point and here's a twist.

My Thai adult son is always concerned about the safety of his wife and his two daughters, he's well aware of the prevalence of rape, over the 5 years he was at uni (in Bkk) countless numbers of female students were raped or seriously molested / bashed.

His Thai wife is from the same course, they met at uni and eventually married. So she's also aware of the prevalence of rape, etc.

His wife goes out for an end of semester party with the female teachers she now works with and is home by about 10:00 /10:30 pm. Until she's home son is constantly checking for any SMS etc., and if it's starting to get a bit late he calls her to check she's OK, and reminds her to check the car doors are locked whilst she's driving home etc..

The twist, her female teacher colleagues come to the house about once a month for pizza night or whatever, they always bring up the subject, to my son, that he is a control freak and should back off. He's tried to explain to them why he worries about her safety, they just repeat 'control freak' comments.

• Like 1

I cannot believe someone would think or do something like that...this guy is an Animal.....

no, he is not an animal. he is thai. weak. his mentality is thai. weak.

at least he was nice enough to not push her off his balcony.

EVERYONE should think twice before letting a female... in thailand... walk around alone. reminds me of ... say... a prostitute at 2 am.

just because she wasnt asking for "it" doesnt mean someone wasnt looking for "it".

its like me walking around with tons of money hanging out of my pocket, gold chains all up in my junk, studded diamond rings on each finger. I am not asking to get mugged or robbed. but it sure would be stupid of me to walk around alone like this.

i have always enjoyed people drinking because they lower their values/ standards. and then are very easy to take advantage of. i support people spending all their money on alcohol and not saving anything.

if i was a russian i would beat this guy senseless to make an example of him. thats just me though.

Sad... where was the Russians boyfriend when she need him most??

You do not let your or any lady, who is within your company, walk home alone. In NO country, under NO circumstances, NEVER. It is the duty of any male, to secure the way back home, as rapes happen everywhere, and especially in places where there is no real law enforcement. On the other hand, the woman should never have left the party without a company, who secures her way home. If they ever learn?

Couldn't control his emotions....perfect excuse.

Raped her twice. Once wasn't enough. And without a condom.

Let's see, he's Thai and she "falang" And he admitted it. So, a 1,000 baht fine and 1 year in prison, probably suspended it he has no priors.

The minimum sentence is 4 years

Let's see, he's Thai and she "falang" And he admitted it. So, a 1,000 baht fine and 1 year in prison, probably suspended it he has no priors.

Yeah... Very effective justice system indeed.. IF he is fined 1000 bath I may add... Cheaper than a local Bar Girl..

Sad to say, bur very similar to where I'm from in South Africa...... facepalm.gif

Absolutely an fantastic marketing tool to promote International Tourism for these beautiful Countries.... as the have the mentality of a house brick .... AHA.. I'm actually wrong... A house brick can at least still hold it together....cheesy.gif

Keep up the good work SA & LOS..... You will be ranked #1 on THE PLACES to go list very soon....

Of course she was stupid to get drunk and try to make it back to her hotel alone in the early hours. Of course she was stupid to accept a lift from a stranger. Doesn't make what he did any less sordid and he should be punished appropriately.

BUT, will he? It wouldn't surprise me if he isn't already out on bail. Unless he is so poor that he has no baht. I'm not talking about corruption, bail seems to be available to all if they can pay the bail money.

I just heard of a similar incident in Pattaya.

Girls in the UK are often told not to get into a strangers car, particularly at night.

Same of course applies to the back of a motorcycle.

There is something about Thailand that makes them throw caution to the wind.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

I know that this is shocking but i still can't understand why she left with someone who offered to take her home. And when she saw that she was not taken to her hotel why did she not scream out and make a massive fuss??

Too many assumptions ... think you must've had another refresher course on the Koh Tao topics and forgot to stop .....cheesy.gif

Yes, it happens all the time in other countries but mostly in areas where tourist should not go. In a tourist town that generates millions of income, its the job of the police and city council to provide security in those areas. Perhaps if the police were patrolling the areas at the late hours and yes the bar scences and side streets their presents willl help. Instead after 11pm their home having a drink with friends or at the station. Do read about Las Vegas, New York city report so many crimes against tourist in such a short period of time? Daytime teenagers beating tourist?

This happends every day day in every country, so what is the big news. Except time for thai bashing.

Are you saying that had the victim been a Thai woman that he would receive a more severe penalty?

My Thai wife says just the opposite--it is only because the victim is farang that the rapist even made the news. That these things happen to Thai women all the time and nothing is done.

Just serves to show how delusional the local men are that they feel they can abduct and rape without shame or perception of consequence. Low life's plying there entitlement on the unfortunate who have little or no perception of how carnal life is here.