Man offers Russian ride to Phuket hotel, then assaults her

Lite Beer

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Somdech told the police, “At first I was just going to take her to the hotel. But I saw she was very drunk, so I decided to take her to my room first so she could rest.

“Once we were in the room, she was very pretty and I could not control my emotions,” he added."

This is what the PM was talking about in his original comment about western women coming to Thailand. Its strange that such a comment is made and filtered back into the press. I just think it is very disturbing.

Poor women, she now has to wait three months to have a HIV test.

Are you really that clueless? HIV tests can be done in/on the same day, even in Thailand....

'If you have come into contact with the virus your immune system will produce antibodies to fight the infection and these are what are detected in the test. Usually, antibodies are produced between 2 – 8 weeks following infection with HIV.' http://www.afao.org.au/about-hiv/hiv-test#.VCh4mhY0_XQ

'The window period is the time from infection until a test can detect any change. The average window period with HIV-1 antibody tests is 25 days for subtype B. Antigen testing cuts the window period to approximately 16 days and NAT (Nucleic Acid Testing) further reduces this period to 12 days. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diagnosis_of_HIV/AIDS

So Jip, looks like we were both clueless? A same day test will not take into account the window period. I haven't looked at this for a long time, so my assesment was not up to date with current practice.

Thankyou for prompting me to re-look at this.

Pardon me if this story seems strange. drunk Russian girl agrees to take a motorbike ride from a Thai stranger, is not so drunk that she does not fall off the bike. Goes to his room with out putting up a fight, gets tied up and no report of scratches on this guy? No mention of threatening her with a weapon. If he confessed to it, he's got to be guilty, hard to understand what is up with her, not defending him in the least just seems very odd.

Edited by BadBouy

Pardon me if this story seems strange. drunk Russian girl agrees to take a motorbike ride from a Thai stranger, is not so drunk that she does not fall off the bike. Goes to his room with out putting up a fight, gets tied up and no report of scratches on this guy? No mention of threatening her with a weapon. If he confessed to it, he's got to be guilty, hard to understand what is up with her, not defending him in the least just seems very odd.

She said she was fearful and cooperated.

What do you want her to do? Fight off the guy and get murdered?

Give me an hour alone with the scumbag rapist and his buddies around Thailand will have second thought next time they think about attacking some poor girl.

• Like 2

I cannot believe someone would think or do something like that...this guy is an Animal.....

what can't you believe, a drunk russian female asking for it by walking home at 2AM or a thai taking advantage of the drunk. female tourist will never learn that you can get raped anywhere on this planet if you wonder around alone and drunk in the early morning hours! the more important question is where was the so called boy friend? year after year this happens, they never learn!

Give me an hour alone with the scumbag rapist and his buddies around Thailand will have second thought next time they think about attacking some poor girl.

If it came down to what I would want her to do I would tell her to politely refuse the ride and go back to her friends or get paid transportation. I'm not blaming her, obviously she is not thinking clearly because she is drunk. How does she know he is not going to kill her anyway? Time to take off when they got off the bike or put up a fight then while outside. Russian girls usually are not push overs, wish it did not happen to her. After all this he drives her to her hotel? Just never heard of a scenario like this.

Alcohol can make people do silly things. I have stopped and insisted on taking some inebriated Russian girls to the safety of their hotels. Often, they argue with their boyfriends and take off for home alone...lamenting that their boyfriends don't love them.

As we know, not everyone thinks the same way as I. There are predators out there.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Man offers Russian ride

What's a "Russian ride?"

How long have you been reading newspapers? Frequently, if not always, articles a, an, and the are omitted in headlines. Or are you just being cute?

I cannot believe someone would think or do something like that...this guy is an Animal.....

She made 2 mistakes

drank til 2am got drunk

walked alone to get to her hotel

hell lets call it 3 mistakes

accepted a ride from a stranger.

So it's her fault ???

Are you gifted with having your senses unaffected by drinking??

• Like 1

Oh this is terrible. Only happens in Thailand. Oh the Thais. Oh TIT. BIB. I am a delusional farang who hates this place and blames my failures on the stupid thai. I was right all along. But I won't leave.

Funny you should say this.

2 of my long staying friends of 10 years plus have decided to up sticks in the last 10 days directly related to the murders in koh Tao being the last straw. I left last year.

I can't say whether more will go. But at the end of its if you fear for the basic safety of your kids, why bother to stay.

Thailand is becoming incredibly violent around one of the things it does so well. Nightlife. People are preying on tourists at their most vulnerable.

If there is no sanook left in Thailand because it's too dangerous, is it worth putting up with the place. Where is the fun if you are constantly terrified that your daughter runs the gauntlet of assault from the minute she leaves home til the minute she gets back home. Society should not have become this depraved, but it has.

As I said elsewhere. My wife has NEVER taken a TUK TUK or taxi alone in Thailand in her life. EVER. That is from her days in university in bangkok. She will not take a TUK TUK up country alone EVER.

So what to do with a teenage daughter who wants to go to the mall? Home is worrying enough without being in Thailand knowing that the odds are infinitely higher of bad things happening.

I am glad I left but I think there may be a lot more following. As for tourists, I hope they leave in droves and it spurs Thai society to clean up law enforcement and clean up the corruption in the resorts.

• Like 1

Man offers Russian ride

What's a "Russian ride?"

How long have you been reading newspapers? Frequently, if not always, articles a, an, and the are omitted in headlines. Or are you just being cute?

Are you being disingenuous?

Of course he was making a joke but, given the subject matter, not a very good one.

"PHUKET: A man has confessed to tying up a Russian tourist before having sex with her, but has denied charges of rape and assault.

"He confessed to having sex with the woman ... However, he claimed the sex was consensual."

- Phuket Gazette

Interesting turn of events. blink.png

What a nice man. He took her back to her hotel after raping her twice.

He seems so very matter-of-fact about the whole incident.

It does show that working CCTV can be a very effective tool for the police and despite it seeming a relatively straightforward arrest, praise is due to the police on this occasion.

Koh Tao please take note.

"Koh Tau please take note" WHY-----seem to have heard of that somewhere?

-BadBouy-

She has to fight, so you can believe the story?

And end up, same the poor young British lady in Koh Tao?

I remember,

that women even get advised, not to put up much of a fight,

as a struggle could end with her being killed, hurt a lot. whistling.gif

If it came down to what I would want her to do I would tell her to politely refuse the ride and go back to her friends or get paid transportation. I'm not blaming her, obviously she is not thinking clearly because she is drunk. How does she know he is not going to kill her anyway? Time to take off when they got off the bike or put up a fight then while outside. Russian girls usually are not push overs, wish it did not happen to her. After all this he drives her to her hotel? Just never heard of a scenario like this.

So, if he really raped her, a proof, evidence for you would be, if he had thrown her out of his room in Karon, some kilometers away from Patong and place of her hotel and let her there in Karon,

wandering around dazed?

blink.png

That would have helped his cause?

Until somebody noticed her and brought her directly to the police? whistling.gif

In that way he would even be more fast a subject of investigation! rolleyes.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

Normal "boyfriends and friends" do not let a drunk woman wander off on her own in an unknown town or country. They make you sit down and wait ten minutes and then all go back to the hotel or home together. They probably didn't even see her wander off by herself.

I hope they, once they sober up, feel extremely bad about this. And the boyfriend gets a good sharp kick up the backside.

Normal "boyfriends and friends" do not let a drunk woman wander off on her own in an unknown town or country. They make you sit down and wait ten minutes and then all go back to the hotel or home together. They probably didn't even see her wander off by herself.

I hope they, once they sober up, feel extremely bad about this. And the boyfriend gets a good sharp kick up the backside.

Or a drunk woman might become verbally and physically abusive to any man that refuses to let her wander off drunk at which poin pt the only option available to the man is to physically restrain her against her wished (called Assault) or allow her to leave.

Can't have it both ways. Women want freedom and equality to make their own decisions then they need to also accept the consequences for those decisions.

The boyfriend did not rape this woman. The womans actions did contribute to her rape.

Couldn't control his emotions....perfect excuse.

Raped her twice. Once wasn't enough. And without a condom.

Let's see, he's Thai and she "falang" And he admitted it. So, a 1,000 baht fine and 1 year in prison, probably suspended it he has no priors.

No no, 300 Baht fine and 2 weeks suspended sentence.