Man offers Russian ride to Phuket hotel, then assaults her

Lite Beer

Normal "boyfriends and friends" do not let a drunk woman wander off on her own in an unknown town or country. They make you sit down and wait ten minutes and then all go back to the hotel or home together. They probably didn't even see her wander off by herself.

I hope they, once they sober up, feel extremely bad about this. And the boyfriend gets a good sharp kick up the backside.

Or a drunk woman might become verbally and physically abusive to any man that refuses to let her wander off drunk at which poin pt the only option available to the man is to physically restrain her against her wished (called Assault) or allow her to leave.

Can't have it both ways. Women want freedom and equality to make their own decisions then they need to also accept the consequences for those decisions.

The boyfriend did not rape this woman. The womans actions did contribute to her rape.

I would rather my boyfriend restrain me and rant and rave at him, than be raped by an unknown bastard who took advantage of me and tied me up.

I find your post absolutely out of order.

I have been drunk as have many of my friends (male and female) we look out for each other. I am known to wander, but just to window shop and always have someone watching out for me. That's what friends do, they don't let people just potter off. Especially in a strange country. I've even done it in Thailand - but my mates were right behind me.

Edited by Patsycat
  • Like 1

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You find my post absolutely out of order?

What does that mean? Did I mix up my subject and predicate? My nouns and adverbs? Commas that should have been apostrophes?

Oh...do you mean I have a different opinion than you?

Perhaps you had better look around, this is not a courtroom and you are not a judge sitting at the bench. You don't get to call "out of order". Well, atleast you shouldn't be offended when nobody listens to you.

The simple fact is she made a choice to wander off and we don't know the circumstances. Maybe she argued with her boyfriend, maybe she was sleeping around, maybe she is a nasty drunk. Maybe her friends were all passed out.

We just don't know. All we know is she was doing something that was very foolish--she consumed so much alcohol that she was extremely inebriated and losing consciousness at 3:00 in the morning quite some distance from her hotel in a foreign country and she accepted a ride from a complete stranger. These were her decisions.

Its terrible what happened to her. It should not happen to anyone. No one has the right to victimize someone else under any circumstances.

But this had nothing to do with her boyfriend. Nada.

Edited by ClutchClark

I think it has everything to do with her boyfriend. When you are in a couple - that is what it is. A couple. two people who love and respect each other and stick together. Not let one or the other wander off, drunk or not. Especially in a country far from home and comfort zones.

I am sure he feels bad today, but perhaps if he had looked out for her this would never have happened.

Maybe i am old fashioned.

I think it has everything to do with her boyfriend. When you are in a couple - that is what it is. A couple. two people who love and respect each other and stick together. Not let one or the other wander off, drunk or not. Especially in a country far from home and comfort zones.

I am sure he feels bad today, but perhaps if he had looked out for her this would never have happened.

Maybe i am old fashioned.

You certainly describe a healthy relationship, albeit, a rather rare relationship amongst young people and even rarer amongst the young Russians I have seen in thailand who seem only to want to party. What is it called? hedonism? I would say someone who becomes so drunk as to pass out is not the type of person to have a healthy relationship that you or I are accustomed to.

Either way, its terrible what happened to her. No one deserves to be victimized like this under any circumstances anywhere.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I cannot believe someone would think or do something like that...this guy is an Animal.....

I am not accusing the Russian woman for the raping but in the light of all the killings and raping lately I don't understand why anyone want to have a ride with any Thai male to the hotel, she is lucky to be alive, probably cos she not resisted when he raped her. Anyway he is a bastard who need to do serious jail time.